Ideas thread 2008

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Re: Things you'd like to see with EUO 1.3

Post by Rusty76 »

Ever since EUO upgraded to 1.2 (i think?) werewolf form has lost the ability to bash doors and the ability to utilize the unarmed special attack. Me and Vanguard were talking about this and had and idea for tweaking the werewolf form:

1. Make werewolves able to bash doors by attacking them or by giving them a werewolf specific ability to bash doors. There is no way a werewolf can get past a locked door currently.
2. Give werewolves a special attack. Something like "Bite" that would do double damage and cause bleeding. Using the unarmed special doesn't make sense for werewolves.
3. Take away the ability for werewolves to hide or make it where any werewolf, regardless of stealth skill, can use the hide ability.

These abilities should be available to anyone in werewolf form. The reason for this is that Van said that since 1.2 being a werewolf is not a much fun as it used to be. I think with just a few minor tweaks werewolf form could be more fun and not just an annoyance you just have to deal with.
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

Rusty76 wrote:here's a few ideas i had
lighter weapons and armor - increases weapon speed and decreases armor movement penalty.
engraving - a skilled smith can engrave a name on an item, making it a named item.
all tints craftable - increases value of crafting skills, no harm in it because items aren't enchantable.
polypiling of weapons and armor - not cheesable anymore since weps and armor aren't enchantable.
monster orb - catches and stores monster for later release. monster must have 20% or less of it's max health to be captured. Once monster is released the monster orb is destroyed. monster appears good aligned and lasts for 60 seconds.
magic glasses - lets you see in xray vision. takes up head slot to use and breaks if you get hit.
wand of transmutation - changes a monster randomly into another monster. limited uses or chance to break
wand of (spell) - wands enchanted with different spells. requires a tome to make. has limited number of uses or a chance to break.
improved town portal - doesn't dissapear after use. dissapears when you create another town portal.
glass weapons should be able to be used once for every + the wep has. the plus would decrease by one per use.
custom books - players can buy or craft books they can write their own text in. would allow players to keep an ingame diary or whatever else they wanted to write.
message board - a place ingame where messages can be posted that could be read by anyone. Would be useful for people trying to buy and sell things.
Light weapons:
*Historical note* Stone was a major type of weapon everyone used way back when, until they found a way to hammer bronze and make it into a weapon which was lighter than stone.
So, perhaps EUO can suddenly have a movement of research and some of our scholars could find a way to refine smelted ore into a lighter quality which would have less weight and move faster, however, at the cost of this lighter material, you lose damage and/or there is a greater chance that the weapon will break completely and be useless until repaired at a forge (anvil). This would not quite mean EVERYONE would get these weapons, attack speed increased is equal to copper, but light weapons are untinted (thus you can create a copper light brass knuckles and attack speed (instead of 1.3 from copper) would be 1.1) Light weapons can only be crafted (increasing need for blacksmiths) with high level weaponsmithing.

Engraving:
Well, this takes away from egg making the $10 for each named weapon, but not too many people buy those. If this were put in, there would have to be a limit to it. perhaps requireing 100 inscription and requiring a certain item (maybe engraving chisel) which would be very rare (equal to wand of transferance) and break after use (like the wand of transferance.) Wouldn't be so common that everyone would have that, but enough that people will actually yearn to get inscription to 100 and go hunting for those. Increases value of inscription even further.

All tints craftable:
Would do nicely, only people who could really put this to good use would be people who us +1-3 weapons (from dipping) and even then, how many of those have weaponsmithing or do weaponsmithing.

Polypiling of weapons and armour:
I'm for this :)

Monster Orb:
I'd see some cases including alot of shadow lords (working hard to get it down to 20%) being captured. So... keep a limit so that dragons are the highest thing you could do that to.

Magic Glasses:
Wouldn't see too many cases where people would use these. personally.

Wand of Transmutation:
Would be neat, but having it used on yourself instead would be cooler.

Wand of (spell):
Good idea, couldn't be used with those high end spells such as XC and VF (might need to give restriction on VOG) But would give players new things to try. Monks killing green dragons for VYR tome, and using the wands in combat... the summoning spells would be cool. And not really too bad since players would have to pay for the spells themselves, so, stronger spells cost more money.

Improved Town Portal Scroll:
All for this one too. Quite useful.

Glass weapons with +'s:
All for that one as well. Sure you'll have more AS with high + glass weapons, but you can 1 hit Imotep with a mundane glass dagger. I'm sure you can use the same to kill a boss balron. Currently glass weapons are hardly worth much. Glass Broadsword + 8 drop from a shadow lord, you would have 1 use of it to kill another shadow lord. To stop cheesing, you'd need to make them non-disenchantable, and + 1's break completely so players can't dip them over and over again.

Custom Books:
Cool, would allow players to write stories and could drop in your house so others can read them.

Message Board:
Very nice idea. Egg could put the most recent updates on here and put it near entrance to nordhaven. I don't think players should be able to write on here, otherwise it becomes too big and too long. players would put worthless stuff in here "Hahaha! I took up a spot here! <insert random cuss word here>" Leave this one for DMs only.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

What about level requirements for mage spells? Say a circle 8 spell has the same level requirements as a +7 weapon, circle 7 = +6, circle 6 = +5, etc.

Edit: If this was done i'd say take away spell failure chance. if mages are having to train their magic by fighting then they need to be able to rely on the spells they can use.
Sync
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Sync »

I think that is a good idea, but I don't like it because I'm a mage. I can't use the +7 weapons, therefore, I can't use the level 8 spells. VOG is such a useful spell that all mages use at all levels, taking that away would kill your little mages.

The big mages, Orko, Kaelyn, Raiden, Heinek, Maverick, Mordred, CIAassassin, Kronos, ext. It would not affect game play for them. The littler mages, Sync, Limit, Avel, McSkittles, Sabrial, and others, would not be able to use some of the spells that we have been using, thus creating mages that were good that are now sitting gathering up dust.

Granted, mages are overpowered, that would cut down on it very much, but think about the little guys that have all the spells already, and what would that do to them...........

Sync
Sync

Post by Sync »

Zilverlight wrote:
Engraving:
Well, this takes away from egg making the $10 for each named weapon, but not too many people buy those. If this were put in, there would have to be a limit to it. perhaps requireing 100 inscription and requiring a certain item (maybe engraving chisel) which would be very rare (equal to wand of transferance) and break after use (like the wand of transferance.) Wouldn't be so common that everyone would have that, but enough that people will actually yearn to get inscription to 100 and go hunting for those. Increases value of inscription even further.
That would really be cool, I would like to see that one. Yes, it would take away from egg, but like that mentions, not too many people do it anyway..............

Sync
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

It'd be nice if scrolls of protection also worked against XJ and AEP
Sync

Post by Sync »

Bugbo wrote:It'd be nice if scrolls of protection also worked against XJ and AEP
That's a little too far.

Sync
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

If you kill a monster carrying a res stone it should automaticly be added to your inventory.
Magrock
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Magrock »

Reverse inventory order for commands; b, B, d and i (not r, u, U or v). There are too many keystrokes to drop items (or deposit) when you have to scroll down an inventory list to get at the last items you picked up (or deposited).

You go out hunting, pick up items and stack them on TOP of each other in your pack. To drop them at a shrine or deposit them in the bank you should see the latest items listed in inventory first. It should save time and avoid carpel tunnel syndrome.
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

Magrock wrote:Reverse inventory order for commands; b, B, d and i (not r, u, U or v). There are too many keystrokes to drop items (or deposit) when you have to scroll down an inventory list to get at the last items you picked up (or deposited).

You go out hunting, pick up items and stack them on TOP of each other in your pack. To drop them at a shrine or deposit them in the bank you should see the latest items listed in inventory first. It should save time and avoid carpel tunnel syndrome.
Page down? How much stuff do you carry?! :)
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

Felt like bumping this.

Rusty76 wrote:Ever since EUO upgraded to 1.2 (i think?) werewolf form has lost the ability to bash doors and the ability to utilize the unarmed special attack. Me and Vanguard were talking about this and had and idea for tweaking the werewolf form:

1. Make werewolves able to bash doors by attacking them or by giving them a werewolf specific ability to bash doors. There is no way a werewolf can get past a locked door currently.
2. Give werewolves a special attack. Something like "Bite" that would do double damage and cause bleeding. Using the unarmed special doesn't make sense for werewolves.
3. Take away the ability for werewolves to hide or make it where any werewolf, regardless of stealth skill, can use the hide ability.

These abilities should be available to anyone in werewolf form. The reason for this is that Van said that since 1.2 being a werewolf is not a much fun as it used to be. I think with just a few minor tweaks werewolf form could be more fun and not just an annoyance you just have to deal with.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Magrock
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Magrock »

kusofthevalley wrote:Page down? How much stuff do you carry?! :)
A lot. I would hit "Page Down" 5-7 times to get to the end of my inventory. Typically I hit "End" once. It seems that I could save about 30-40 keystrokes per hunt. Just an idea I borrowed from NetHack.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Don't skills ahve the same problem? I swear not all my skills were listed on some characters due to so many of them.
ZUPS!!!!
mugima
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mugima »

I don't know how hard this would be to implement or if anyone would use it, but how about a "mailing" feature. Could be used just to send items safely to a friend who's off line or to buy/sell from people who are off line. Example, someone posts on forums they're selling rogue band, but they don't really get to get on that often, or you never see them, and you discuss in the forums the price and things. All you would have to do is go to your bank and highlight the item type "/mail Eragon". Then the person who recieves the item can mail you the payment doing the same thing, it might even work to put in a price you want for the item when you mail it...I dunno, I was thinking of it and it sounded like a good idea.
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

Whoa. I think I completely misunderstood that. edited.
Last edited by ChrisCooper on Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Sync

Post by Sync »

mugima wrote:I don't know how hard this would be to implement or if anyone would use it, but how about a "mailing" feature. Could be used just to send items safely to a friend who's off line or to buy/sell from people who are off line. Example, someone posts on forums they're selling rogue band, but they don't really get to get on that often, or you never see them, and you discuss in the forums the price and things. All you would have to do is go to your bank and highlight the item type "/mail Eragon". Then the person who recieves the item can mail you the payment doing the same thing, it might even work to put in a price you want for the item when you mail it...I dunno, I was thinking of it and it sounded like a good idea.
The highlighted part would not work because you can't view your inventory and type at the same time, however, you can always do this. This can work vise versa as well. (as seen below):

Example (kind of like the example above, but more commands.) : Let's say that I have 2 ebony bucklers +1m dexterity, and I was selling for 500,000 gold pieces each. I'm going to sell them to Rusty. My command would be:
"/mail Rusty 2 Ebony Buckler +1m dexterity 1,000,000"
That means 2 ebony bucklers +1m dex for 1m gold in return. (500k each)

His command would be in return:
"/mail Sync 1,000,000 gold pieces 0"
That meas 1m gold for 0 gold in return.

You would not get the money/item until BOTH parties send a "/mail" command. If someone is sending you something for "0" gold pieces, you would send back "0" gold pieces in the return money slot for your item.

OR!!!!!!!!!!! (Flip it.)

Rusty's command would be: "/mail Sync 1,000,000 gold pieces 2 Ebony Buckler +1m dexterity"
Then, I would reply: "/mail Rusty 2 Ebony Buckler +1m dexterity 0"

The 0 would be there because he has already sent the money, so I cannot charge him twice for it.

Yet again, at this point (flipped or not), BOTH parties have to send something in order to get the item. Once the "/mail" command has been submitted by both people, the item will appear in your inventory.

This is a REALLY good idea to me. If I need a town portal, and I'm trapped and someone wants to come and train with me, they can send me a town portal that way, and then they can join me.

I really like this idea. Good job!! :dance:

Sync
poply

Post by poply »

wouldnt it be easyer to just have the second person type "/deal" or something?
spoiled
Sync

Post by Sync »

poply wrote:wouldnt it be easyer to just have the second person type "/deal" or something?

Yes, it would. However, what if you didn't mean to make the deal, with the way that I worded it, if you type that, you MEANT to make the deal. I get what your saying by that, but I like my way.

Something else that I looked over in that. The item stays WITH YOU at all times, until the other person has /mail'd you back, at that point, the item transfers to the other persons inventory. This way there are no "lost" items, or duped.

Sync
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

This is a good idea the way Eragon suggested it. You're getting too caught up in the stupid wording and whatnot that would make it so confusing no one would even use the feature.

Keep it simple
Sync

Post by Sync »

Eidolon wrote:This is a good idea the way Eragon suggested it. You're getting too caught up in the stupid wording and whatnot that would make it so confusing no one would even use the feature.

Keep it simple
That "stupid wording" is necessary, look(and Ii stated this in my last post) :

The problem that he has in there though is he said, "Go to your bank, highlight it, then type /mail *playername*."

You can't view your inventory, or bank something, and type at the same time. Therefore, that's why I said something like, "/mail *playername* *quantity* *item* *price*"

That is not as confusing as you think it is. Thank you.

Sync