Ideas thread 2009

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: Ideas thread 2009

Post by Eclips »

What about a swimming skill?

*You can't fight while swimming, maybe allow casting?
*is effected by your Dex
*you dont need to carry a raft
* skill lvl effects how fast you can swim
* 100 swimming wont give you damage when you go down a waterfall (Diving)
* Maybe allow some kind of combat with high swimming skill?
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

DoctorRude wrote: Front Door "Announcement"
This idea is a really good one.
Concept =

Toadie types "/clanmessage Hey pirates. Scavenger hunt going on. Check the forums for details."
My buddy Zyr steps on the front door tiles of the SPT hall and gets the message "Hey pirates. Scavenger hunt going on. Check the forums for details. ~Toadie"

:dance:
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

Eclips wrote:What about a swimming skill?

*You can't fight while swimming, maybe allow casting?
*is effected by your Dex
*you dont need to carry a raft
* skill lvl effects how fast you can swim
* 100 swimming wont give you damage when you go down a waterfall (Diving)
* Maybe allow some kind of combat with high swimming skill?
It doesn't need to be a skill. Same goes for horse riding and sailing. Whenever you're suggesting something that really only involves traveling from tile to tile, there's absolutely no reason that it should be a skill. If making travel options into skills makes sense to you, then you might as well be suggesting that walking be turned into a skill.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I guess you never played Phantasi I-III, Eternal Dagger, or Wizard's Crown.
ZUPS!!!!
ChrisCooper

Post by ChrisCooper »

Keighn wrote:I guess you never played Phantasi I-III, Eternal Dagger, or Wizard's Crown.
I wrote:It doesn't need to be a skill ... there's absolutely no reason that it should be a skill.
My point remains, it COULD be a skill, but is there any good reason to make it a skill as opposed to just making it something that you can do?
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

By that logic, once you hide in the shadows you should be able to move from tile to tile freely without worrying about speed and skill lvl.

I'm not saying it needs to be a skill, but if you're going to throw out an idea, it might as well be well rounded. "Here's this idea, heres what it might look like as a skill..."
Aristarch
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Aristarch »

-- Possibility of accesing ship lines from outside the towns, just how it is in Bucs' Den.
Foul beast approaches?!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

SWIMMING:

Here's how i'd do swimming skill:

1st add 2 more types of water (the later ultimas incorporated 3 types):
wading (or waste deep water), and shallows (which was in ultima 4 & 5 and maybe the other latter ones).

Wading water should decrease movement speed a tad more than hills. One could swim in wading water without ill effects whether they fail or not.

Shallows is where you get your feet wet and uses your base swimming skill. It could be used as per like when you're stealth mode (move slowly). Naturally when you fail your swimming % you take drowning damage and must try to invoke swim mode again.

You can't attack or cast spells or use items while in swim mode.

The next water (that we all raft around safely) is probably more choppy and reduces your swimming ability by, oh 50%.

The deeps is either unswimmable or reduces your ability by 90%

Swim mode could be used on any map (this I would like to see as some very constructive maps could be made.

Hell it'd be an easy skill to get up just like stealth (which I find pretty easy to get up).
ZUPS!!!!
Grue
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Grue »

Quote taken from the General - Premium Accounts thread . . .
Losi wrote: - ***Create some sort of overarching storyline and content that follows
*** - I think this would create a little more fun to the game, i cant imagine mindless killing till L300 only to see the end game more of the same.
I was thinking about this, and while doing this as a whole might be an overly challenging task ( not to mention potentially a rewrite of the whole game ), I do see some potential in something along these lines . . .

How about, for a starter, we start with some sort of extended quest . . . one which involves all of the shrines, having to gain an XP level, AND, having to potentially GM a skill of some sort before being allowed to move to the next portion of the quest. I was thinking this might be for some where in the 100 + level range.

Example :

Start with any shrine, pick one . . . lets say the one that you choose for your next level up immediately after 100. Instead of gaining a level, you instead are told that you are needed elsewhere by "BUBBA" ( sorta like what happens with the blackstone quest, if you don't use it right away ). [ Don't like the name, feel free to insert your own. ]

When you talk to that person, he informs you that to gain his blessing, necessary to trigger your level up, you have to GM fishing ( just as an example ). You do so, go back, and get his blessing, but also a warning that you'll need to return once you've been to the shrine. You go back to the shrine, level, and then back to "Bubba", only to find out that your trial isn't over, but rather just beginning. Your next stop will be with his brother "Dubya" the next town over, who tells you the next part of the puzzle, as well as the next shrine that will be required.

In each instance, you have to gain a level, and a GM, to proceed, and all shrines would need to be used prior to going back to your regularly scheduled leveling. I would think that this alone would keep folks busy for a few weeks ( months for some of us ), and it could give the sense of a greater purpose to the game . . . for a little while anyway.
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overrides the fear of death. - Speed Freak Motto "
"The Long Run - Daniel Keys Moran"
Magnavox
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Magnavox »

Idea for mainly PD, but could be put on all servers.

When/If you die, whatever you are wearing when you die, stays on the body. When you search the body, you find all those items.

whatever else is in your inventory+bank drops at random after that. I think if you are wearing full BR +5, or full gold UA +str/int, or whatever else, you can go grab that.

So the idea is, what you wear, you get back. :)

and if you want to add this to all servers, then when/if you die, all items get unequipped and dropped with the body and the gold. I like that. :)
There are 5 levels of fatness.
1. Big
2. Healthy
3. Husky
4. Fluffy
and
5. DAMN!
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

I think a crafted golem (and maybe certain tamed pets, like ones that could be beasts of burden - cows, etc) should be able to carry some of your items for you. I know it would be crazy to not give it no limit of weight, so I'd suggest 100 or so pounds of items would sound ok. Golems should also be able to cast low-circle spells such as small light or heal other. Heck, maybe one could buy spells for golems. Just a thought. Also, can taming wands be used to buff golems like they do on other pets? If not, they should.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

Magnavox wrote:Idea for mainly PD, but could be put on all servers.

When/If you die, whatever you are wearing when you die, stays on the body. When you search the body, you find all those items.

whatever else is in your inventory+bank drops at random after that. I think if you are wearing full BR +5, or full gold UA +str/int, or whatever else, you can go grab that.

So the idea is, what you wear, you get back. :)

and if you want to add this to all servers, then when/if you die, all items get unequipped and dropped with the body and the gold. I like that. :)
It'd be alright on PD, but it has to remain right out on reg, because there would be so many reports of stolen gear.
poply
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by poply »

Blood Slimes! X-D
spoiled
ChrisCooper

Post by ChrisCooper »

Since priests got put in, partying could become a more desirable thing to do. But still, it's always more worth it to hunt a dungeon solo, there's no denying this.

Why don't we have boss monsters at the end of most of the dungeons (just like the phoenix, lord brownthorne, the doppleganger, etc.)

Now, the problem with these boss mobs is that you have a very low chance of not dying in a few seconds unless you're in a party, but there's absolutely no reward for putting together a party to kill them.

Why don't we have more epic mobs like this at the end of dungeons, beef them up to where you don't stand a chance at fighting them solo, and make a drop table that is specific to that mob. Let's use the Phoenix for example.

The drop table format i'm using is: Possible drop, quantity that it could possibly drop in, and chance of getting the drop

Phoenix's drop table would look something like this:

Glowing ember x1-200 - 1/20
IFH Tome x1 - 1/30
Flame wand x1 - 1/15
Any weapon +6 through +8 x1 - 1/10
Any armour +4 through +6 x1 - 1/10
Any stat item +20 and up x1 - 1/10
Sulpherous ash x1-200 - 1/5
Hoe of Destruction x1 - 1/200

Keep in mind, I didn't say this is what the drop table for the phoenix WOULD be, i was making an example. Also, I know that this drop table format isn't very well thought out, but you know what I'm getting at, at least.
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

I get it.
You want a Hydra fang? You can only get those from killing Hydras.
You want <instet uber item here>? You can only get those from killing <insert epic monster here>.

Set drop tables for the crazy monsters. I dig it.
And I also like the idea of BLOOD SLIMES :shock:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh drop tables are doable for bosses with lua

also high on my list is "review all existing dungeon sets, add bosses or endings to ends ... and try and make req lvl more consistant" - you noticed doppleganger, phoeonix, brownthorne - those maps were made with boss endings in mind - but 90% of the mapsets don't have bosses - or have wierd npc ones. I've retrofitted a few, and constant spawn quest targs have added some too; (like troll in nord newbie dungeon). But as my notes suggest, there is plenty of room to put at least a named baddy (not necessarily a loot dropping boss) at the end of all dungeon sets. Don't forget most sets predate lua being added.

Right now it's crafting .. see what happens after that.
ion
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by ion »

Thats a sweet idea. I was actually choosing where to hunt based on the fact that you get a sense of accomplishment when you reach the guy at the end. I think the abyss needs to stay the same though. Something about killing 6 or 7 balrons just to read a sign that says 'The End' amuses me for some reason. I think thats the only sign i still read. :P
Can someone buy me a res stone?
TheOneGuy

Post by TheOneGuy »

i was thinking egg if you made a super spawn creature with like a 5% chance to drop any thing at all and a .001 % chance to drop some thing good (I'm just saying if you were to make one you don't want people cheeseing it) but it gave ok exp so that there is some thing other than that god damn crab for us to kill that would be cool just a thought . because honestly if i knew some where in my head that the crab had a chance to drop i would kill it more :knife:
all i want is a test server for maped then ill be happy ...
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

/decline a party invite would be nice.
ChrisCooper

Post by ChrisCooper »

Zzapp wrote:/decline a party invite would be nice.
That's true. If you get an invite from a party that you don't want to join, you can't get an invite from a party that you do want to join until the previous invite expires.