Ideas thread 2009

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Things you'd like to see with EUO 1.3

Post by Keighn »

I don't know, but are clans on ng allowed containers in the halls? Are they allowed player housing?

On PD, since the guild halls are relatively useless maybe they should just be turned into more hunting grounds. That of course requires someone to go and bother adding mobs to the maps and whatever else though.
ZUPS!!!!
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

You would just have to have an item that makes a tp to a house thats not accessible by any other means. It could be its own map or all the pocket houses could be metamapped. It wouldn't be hard to do.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

After looking at Rusty's lua code for mega bosses, I think it would be a bitch to implement. Honsestly egg, how the hell do you do it? You must love programming, because everytime I dip my fingers in the waters my head just bloody explodes. For anyone out there, take a look at that and then just consider how much work goes into this game. This assumes you aren't some genius out there.
ZUPS!!!!
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

Fighter and rogue "combat specialization"-skills:

Figter/rogue can spend up to 100% to ONE of these skills... Not for all

Arms lore:
+ With skill 100% makes 35% more damage with melee weapons
- With skill 100% gets -35% penalty to: defence, parry and ranged
Armour lore:
+ With skill 100% gets +35% to: defence and parry
- With skill 100% makes 35% less damage all weapons
Ranged lore:
+ With skill 100% makes 35% more damage with ranged weapons
- With skill 100% makes 35% less damage with melee weapons
Melee lore:
+ With skill 100% player attacks 35% faster with melee weapons
- With skill 100% attacks 35% slower with ranged weapons, and 35% penalty to defence and parry
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Heikki wrote:Fighter and rogue "combat specialization"-skills:

Arms lore:
Armour lore:
Ranged lore:
Melee lore:
- With skill 100% attacks 35% slower with ranged weapons, and 35% penalty to defence and parry
That sounds cool, you could actually be a beserker or a tank. =D
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
HarveGruemonger
How do I attack?

Multiple packs

Post by HarveGruemonger »

Multiple packs - the ability to buy a new pack, set it up with (say, crafting or gathering tools and supplies), then drop it in your house to pick up later.

To start, I would have one pack for crafting, and another for hunting. Right now I have to go to the bank and switch out all my equipment and supplies when I want to do one or the other. It'd be nice to just be able to switch packs.
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Kracky »

I have tried to participate and go to all the DM events (or his random monster spawns) for some time now and noticed like everyone else the HUGE amounts of lag that can happen. I don't know if this is possible game code wise , but I had a idea. Could a DM (or GM maybe) create a special portal to a seperate area that is host to DM events or random spawns. This area would be on a seperate part of the server (or however it works) as to allow it to handle anyone and anything the DM's want to stick in there. I am not a game coder so not sure if it is possible for any of that, but cutting a large amount of the lag from mass crowds and monsters needs to have some kinda help. Hopefully this would also allow DM's to setup things whenever they want or have the time and then allow another DM or GM to open the portal and let it all happen :smile:
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Kracky wrote:I have tried to participate and go to all the DM events (or his random monster spawns) for some time now and noticed like everyone else the HUGE amounts of lag that can happen. I don't know if this is possible game code wise , but I had a idea. Could a DM (or GM maybe) create a special portal to a seperate area that is host to DM events or random spawns. This area would be on a seperate part of the server (or however it works) as to allow it to handle anyone and anything the DM's want to stick in there. I am not a game coder so not sure if it is possible for any of that, but cutting a large amount of the lag from mass crowds and monsters needs to have some kinda help. Hopefully this would also allow DM's to setup things whenever they want or have the time and then allow another DM or GM to open the portal and let it all happen :smile:
I have noticed that too, HUGE bits of lag during the DM events.

Another idea, back on what Heikki said..
Heikki wrote:Fighter and rogue "combat specialization"-skills:

Arms lore:
Armour lore:
Ranged lore:
Melee lore:
If like block or have like armor skills such as (unarmored, light, medium, heavy) and have a advantage, for example if you were part of the Armor lore you would wear heavy armor and would have a "war cry" like skill for the monsters attack you instead of the other people in your party so you could really be a tank. I can come up with more ideas on armor advantages if you want to expand on this idea.
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Xero
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Re: New Bugs Thread Sept '08

Post by Xero »

*Racial Bonus for Draconian ( +10% damage) does not stack with damage increasing tints (blackrock, darkweave, ect)
-barehanded punches for 5-7, with darkweave gloves 9-11.
*Neither the Racial bonus or damage increased by tint effect critical hits.
-crit for 60 with barehands, use darkweave gloves (+50% damage) crit for 60 damage. No increase.\
*I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think transformations into werewolf or dragon get the 10% boost from draconian either. Need more testing to see if gloves give bonus once transformed into dragon.

Should these be additive or multiplicative?

example 1 (additive) : (100 * (.5 +.1)) + 100 = 160% normal damage
example 2 (multiplicative: (100 * (1.5)(1.1) = 165% normal damage
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

More combat goodnes or badness depending on how you look at it. And this may not be a bug, but it sure looks that way to me.

1/2 troll monks still don't get ua bonus for using 2 ua weapons. Also criticals won't trigger while dual wielding ua weapons.

Riposte with a lot of def isn't all that great. Sure the attack is foiled but you will riposte more damage if you have 10 def rather than having say 15, 20, 30 or 80 def. Shouldn't the riposte be based on the monsters AS&dmg vs itself rather than vs your def. i.e. If a monster hits an unarmoured man for 100 dmg and riposte can reflect 50% back or 50 damage back, then shouldn't it reflect that much back all the time whether you have 10 or 100 def?

Silver. I tested the same with silver. The more def I had (solid silver suit of fp) the less damage the monster did to itself. I tried a silverweave suit with silver padded (about 17.5 def.. had a prot scroll on that didn't wear off) and the monsters killed themselves in about 2-3 hits (skeletons and skele warriors).

The not being able to dodge and block at the same time kind of sucks for mages that use orbs. PIty the two weren't able to be used at the same time.
ZUPS!!!!
Xero
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Xero »

actually,
fist weapons are NOT dual wield. if you look at the name of the item you are wielding for a fist weapon you will see that it is singular not plural such as "gloves" or "gauntlets" or "boots" that are attached to those items. "Brass knuckles" is an item that you fit your fingers into that protects your knuckles. It is a singular noun like scissors or pants. you only attack once when equipped unless you are half troll in which case you lose the monk bonuses of AS/Def/Crit you get with being a monk should you choose to wield another fist weapon...
and I agree that riposte is broken.
foils which are a dexterity derivitive weapon 100%, lose some of their usefulness as you increase your dexterity.
you need the dexterity to increase your weapon damage, the dexterity increases your Def also..so if the mob hits you for 1, you will riposte for 1 reguardless of it's attack, or your AS.
instead of it reflecting damage based on your DEF, I propose that riposte damage (on foils) be based on your AS vs their Def instead of their AS vs your Def.
I believe this will help make foils a more useful weapon since dual wielding foils (as a half troll) doesn't give you more parry or riposte (maybe it should).

for silver I believe that the AS of the attacking undead or werewolf mob be reflected while mitigating any damage reduction. For example: if they attack for 40 and the silver you wear reflects 25% of that damage back.. it should be 10 damage instead of (.25 * 40) - Def (9) = 1... pointless to wear silver
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Wouldn't mind if vampy staves were a little better; perhaps something along these lines:

Vampy Staff = 1 hp gained per creature struck with spell (very useful with vog and ivpy)
V +1 = 2 hp per
V +2 = 3 hp per
V +3 = 4 hp per
V +4 = 5 hp per
V +5 = 6 hp per
V +6 = 7 hp per
V +7 = 8 hp per
V +8 = 9 hp per
V +9 = 10 hp per

Venomous attacks on monsters are so slow they are hardly worth it. I don't know what the rate is but it is terrible when compare to vs. players.

Runed staves do what?
Addled staves don't seem to trigger at all.
I'll assume barbed staves work.
Oak works ok, but a slightly faster casting time would be even better.
Gold weapons and ash staves aren't worth much except light and I wonder how many bother.

Crystal Weapons? When and if will they ever come to play? For those who don't know what the crystal tint is think Addy+vampy in one.
ZUPS!!!!
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Barbed does work.
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

Keighn wrote:Crystal Weapons? When and if will they ever come to play? For those who don't know what the crystal tint is think Addy+vampy in one.
Do you mean crystal staves, or crystal weapons in general? Crystal weapons are already in the game.
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

A wider variety of skills/abilities would be more fun. I like the idea of War Cry. Distract would also be a fun one.

I'd like to see VYR get buffed with your intel. Maybe your binds switch over to all spells that are accessible

Mage spells that buffed the entire party would be sweet. Or if Bards get put in, that would be a good idea for them.

Rogues being able to set traps would be cool.

I'd also like to see some human only and race only abilities, or maybe the new races have different weapon specials than humans? Maybe each race can have a weapon special ability and a race special ability, both requiring the use of one full rage bar.
Humans- AS, DEF, Crit ratio up for set amount of time.
half Orc- Berserk; +5% str buff, full attack speed for a limited time.
half-Troll- Doubled Regen for limited time
Draconians-20% damage boost for limited time
Gnomes- Doubled MR and Doubled Speed for limited time
Blood- All attacks become vampyric for a set amout of time.
Shadow- Invisibility for 10 seconds even while attacking/casting/whatever

I'd really like to see throwing axes. Act like a ranged weapon and drop on the tile the monster you attacked was standing on. Maybe they have less range or the damage depends on the range?
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Since most fighter skills have a 1handed weapon, I was thinking maybe hoes could be 1handed, due to their weight.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You ever work on a farm trying to hoe with 1 hand all the time. Not effecient. You ever swing one around at some wild dogs going after your geese with 1 hand. Super not effective.
ZUPS!!!!
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Characters with 110% in skills should be called something like "Elder"???

Forexample:
115% in longswords should be: "Elder slasher"
Last edited by Heikki on Tue May 19, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joke of day:
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

You ever work on a farm trying to hoe with 1 hand all the time. Not effecient. You ever swing one around at some wild dogs going after your geese with 1 hand. Super not effective.
Maybe new weapon: crescent?

Joke of day:
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Mead at the inns.

After enjoying a joint of boarmeat, there's never anything at the inns to wash it down. It could increase rage a little/ decrease mana or int for a while, i dunno, even if it did nothing it would still be fun to have them. Although it would make that one alcohol quest pretty simple.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!