Ideas thread 2009

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Re: Things you'd like to see with EUO 1.3

Post by Heikki »

Please make way to get tome(VF) and tome(XC) without doing Virgil's quest.
I second this.

VF and XC is not very good with low int (That is not problem)

But now we (old Warrior/mages and Rogue/mages) can not hit sorcery 100% (Even we got skill cap 200%).
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'm in favour of making all spell tomes soulbound.
ZUPS!!!!
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

I think party members on the mini map would be pretty sweet.
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Heikki wrote:
Please make way to get tome(VF) and tome(XC) without doing Virgil's quest.
I second this.

VF and XC is not very good with low int (That is not problem)

But now we (old Warrior/mages and Rogue/mages) can not hit sorcery 100% (Even we got skill cap 200%).
Yeah, I'm lucky with LC cause he got all the spells (i think) before some became quest items... but it would be hard for others if you hadn't.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
wishIwasDM
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by wishIwasDM »

Some things on my mind:

*minimap replaced(or ability to toggle via client.cfg ) with a small view of a person in your party. you could

/priority "name"

<priority> has to be within x amt of tiles and consents to prioritized viewing.

*hp/mana text to go along with the xp at the top left(could you edit the skin files for this?)
The snake only strikes when the stars are aligned.
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

Some sort of buff bar on the interface, showing your buffs with the duration left (like EU/scroll of prot) as 16x16 or 8x8 icons. I know you can see those from your status (not all though) text, but that would be nice.

If cooking is ever gonna make it, I'm suggesting some *small* food buffs, not too overpowering, though!

Different baits to increase your chances to catch certain fishes? Or schools of fish, like ore veins work? Or is it too "WoWish"?

"Tinted" bandages or something similar, healing seems to be a bit unuseful, atleast that's what I feel like on PD with my unnaturally powerful char. Is this a problem in reg? Doubt it.

Probably suggested this many times in the past, but I've like to see blocking getting something to courage players to use it. It's great for a low char doing minotaurs or other melee monsters, but it has no use versus drags/balrons I think. What about a small % to reflect spells (not even fully, like a portion of it) to the attacker? Like, 5-10% with 100 blocking?

Alright, that's all for now. Some of these ideas are probably very stupid, or would fit better in "Things you'd like to see with EUO 2.0).

Just my 2 euroes again.
:uhh:
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
Biogod Entity
How do I attack?

Post by Biogod Entity »

What I'd personally like to see is the implication of a more 'complex' menu system. Maybe complex isn't the right word.... 'user friendly' perhaps?

Example, the inventory:
New Bitmap Image.jpg
As you can see it eliminates the need for separate eat, drop and offer menus. It would also be nice to see more information on each item, such as brief effect details. :lesson:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Still Human. Just an Upgrade.~
-
-
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Bring back the vertical healthbars next to the mini map. it sucks trying to keep an eye on your stats and hp/mp
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

Probably already suggested and discussed: The ability to arrange inventory. My problem is when I h-loot everything and bank it all at once. Banked a res stone accidently once and wasn't quite happy with the results. So here's how it would work:
+ moves the highlighted item one position up
- moves the highlighted item one position down

How hard would that be to make, or is it useful at all? I'd love to see that. :cow:

How about some coding which prevents you from banking / selling items that are readied? I can't even imagine the agony if I accidently sold my rondels :cry: . It seems like you can't sell rings which are readied, why doesn't this work for other items?

:uhh:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Here's what I do, keep all the equipment I want on me at all times and put "quest/soulbound" just below it. This way I don't have to worry about banking something, like res stones, if i'm in a hurry to bank. Usually the last objects in my list are all the boat tickets and black stone.
ZUPS!!!!
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

Keighn wrote:Here's what I do, keep all the equipment I want on me at all times and put "quest/soulbound" just below it. This way I don't have to worry about banking something, like res stones, if i'm in a hurry to bank. Usually the last objects in my list are all the boat tickets and black stone.
Same strategy here, but it doesn't help me if I'm hurrying :cry: .
Lemonope
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Lemonope »

Certain Monsters should be able to take damage from Lava just like the player.

Of course the player wouldnt expect any XP if a monsters final blow was lava, but this can make it handy to lure higher lvl monsters to those spots to make them killable for some lower lvl players.

:o
poply
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by poply »

Lemonope wrote:Certain Monsters should be able to take damage from Lava just like the player.

Of course the player wouldnt expect any XP if a monsters final blow was lava, but this can make it handy to lure higher lvl monsters to those spots to make them killable for some lower lvl players.

any monster that can go on lava now is a flying monster(dragons and hellish thingys mainly) so thats why they dont take damage.
other monsters are too smart to jump into lava.
spoiled
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

poply wrote:
Lemonope wrote:Certain Monsters should be able to take damage from Lava just like the player.

any monster that can go on lava now is a flying monster(dragons and hellish thingys mainly) so thats why they dont take damage.
other monsters are too smart to jump into lava.
Or they're lava golems that can walk on it due to being lava.
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

I'd like to see some way to securely trade items from player to player. I was buying ore from Kracky and had dropped my gold on the ground. He dropped the ore and I picked it up. I saw the gold dissapear so I assumed Kracky picked it up. Later Kracky came to me and asked me for the gold for the ore. I trust Kracky so I know he is not trying to cheat me out of more gold. Kracky looked through his things and was unable to locate the gold. So I figure one of three things happened: 1. The gold was left too long and disappeared, even though I don't remember the gold being on the ground very long. 2.Kracky misplaced the gold. or 3. Someone came by while invisible and swiped it.

I could care less about the gold, that's not the issue. The issue is that I don't know what happened. I think that there needs to be a better way for players to give items to each other than by dropping them. Maybe a command like ctrl-t that would let you select an item in your inventory, specify a quantity, and offer it to an adjacent player. Then that player would have to accept the offer with /take or something like that. Keep it simple, no need to develop a trade screen or anything. Just a simple mechanism to securely give items to another player.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Do guards notice if something is picked up by invisible things? We should test this.
ZUPS!!!!
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

I think you come visible from unvisible if you pick up something....
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Tried dropping something near an NPC while hiding. Still got the message "notices Gandgolf take the...." on pick up but I was not taken out of hiding.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You only become visible is using invisibility or greater invisibility spells. i haven't tried potions or dust but I think I will. Rogues can be stealthed and pick items up w/o becoming visible.

My suggestions: always trade near an npc so the logs record it and it is noticable if someone attempts to steal. Use a trueseeing scroll when trading.

Trading near your house can be problematic. Perhaps egg might allow house owners to buy NPCs (guards) for their houses. It'd be rather interested and quite practical.
ZUPS!!!!
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Kracky »

Okay, I had an idea for a simple person to person trade system. Not sure what is or isn't a lot of work for egg to code in so I tried to use similar things that work in game now.

2 people want to trade and meet in friendly town (no need to let combat screw anything up) They would also both need to be in non-pvp mode, to prevent botching trades.

Player A wants to trade with Player B one item(s) for another. Here is how it would go.

1. Player A types /offer and choose direction player B is standing in.
2. Player B would recieve the message "Player A wishes to trade with you please enter /offer to make a trade."
3. When Player B entered /offer only then both players inventories would appear and they would scroll to the items they want to offer. After selecting what they want then hitting enter on item and choosing exact amount.
4. After both have made choices and amounts each would recieve a message stating "Player A has offered X item(s) to you , you have offered X items(s) in return. Please enter /accepttrade to exchange items.
5. Items(s) would be exchanged and trade done.

Now, to work on multiple items for just one item may overcomplicate it , and make it way too hard to add to the game, I am just not sure how that would be worked out. i.e. Player A offers gold + items for one item from Player B in return. Maybe after selecting first item(s) you would need to enter /done or something to send message of item(s) offered.

I am guessing the /offer would be a kinda of limited party enactment . Also if this could be worked out a remote possiblity could also be used for player merchants. Such as if you have a item you dont want to sell for gold you could put EXCHANGE in the player merchant price. You would problably still have to make a forum post as to what you are accepting in trade for the Exchange item , but it would allow you to conduct trades without having to hunt the forums and be online with the trader.

I did not try to think of ways people could scam or cheat in trades using this method, sorry but I don't think that way.

We need to get player trades off of the floors and into our hands.