Ideas thread 2009

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Khelben
on lolpatrol

Re: Ideas thread 2009

Post by Khelben »

Cult wrote:Why don't you go write the code and email it to egg. All your really doing is increasing his work load. Besides why should the top of the food chain get the cool stuff :? :?
It's called having a discussion, do participate.

As for your last sentence there. Who says "the top of the food chain" gets all the cool stuff. Yes, I gave an example with a blood dragon dropping a nice recipe but what about a minotaur chieftain dropping a recipe that would make you craft something nice? Or a quest which allows you to make a nice necklace using tinkering? Or a recipe floating your way when you are fishing?
Jaral
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Jaral »

Cult wrote:Besides why should the top of the food chain get the cool stuff :? :?
Compensation for time spent on the game must be proportionate to the time already spent on the game... which is to say, higher level players have to be given better stuff or they have no reason to continue playing. If blood warriors don't drop better items and give better xp than goblins, why would anyone bother trying to fight them? In every game, the "top of the food chain," ie more experienced players, will always get nicer stuff. Otherwise they lose interest and quit. The goal is that at every level, the rewards available to the player are worthwhile enough to work for. For a lvl 25, that may just be a +3 weapon. For a level 200, it better be a LOT better.
Khelben
on lolpatrol

Post by Khelben »

Cartography needs a tweak. It takes way too many maps to raise the skill past 70%. It took ~100 maps to get from 80 -> 90 and now, after reading 45 level 9 maps I am stuck at 92.8% so after another 150 or so maps I should reach 99% at which point I can start reading level 10 maps presumeably. This is PD by the way.

Anyhow, my suggestion is lowering the requirement for reading level 9+ maps. Say at skill 70 or 80-something you can read level 9 maps. Level 10s at 85, 11s at 87.5, 12s at 90, 13s at 92.5, 14s at 95, 15s at 99 or something like that.
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Good idea, but it's being suggested before, as most people don't even bother reading lvl 10-13s even after they get GM Cartography.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Cult

Post by Cult »

:chill: I am having a discussion :chill:

the fact remains that any idea we come up with will only increase eggs work load.

How about adding something to the inscription skill. say a random chance on ANY attempt to produce a Tmap. It also makes sense to add recipes to scribe skill as a random creation of some sort.
Light travels faster than sound.
This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Khelben
on lolpatrol

Post by Khelben »

Cult wrote::chill: I am having a discussion :chill:

the fact remains that any idea we come up with will only increase eggs work load.

How about adding something to the inscription skill. say a random chance on ANY attempt to produce a Tmap. It also makes sense to add recipes to scribe skill as a random creation of some sort.
I am fairly certain egg adds whatever he likes to his workload. He's not implementing every idea players A through Z come up with.

As for the inscription idea you have, it seems pretty far-fetched to me; writing scrolls and, suddenly, out of nowhere, you have written down coordinates for a treasure.
Cult

Post by Cult »

Cult wrote: :chill: I am having a discussion :chill:

so how is it a random mob would just happen to have in his possession a recipe for a skill he could never use? that's the far fetched part.

also dont get panties in a bunch when i post.
Khelben
on lolpatrol

Post by Khelben »

Cult wrote:
Cult wrote: :chill: I am having a discussion :chill:

so how is it a random mob would just happen to have in his possession a recipe for a skill he could never use? that's the far fetched part.

also dont get panties in a bunch when i post.
...OR how come dragons carry weapons and armor which they drop but don't use, truly mindboggling to say the least.
Cult

Post by Cult »

Dragons dont carry weapons and armor they eat them along with precious metals and gems.

Its rather funny you get all butt hurt when i mention increasing eggs workload yet any idea i bring up you instantly dismiss. Still not sure if your a forum queen or troll.. Either way :shock: you are a tosser :shock: ......
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

alright that's enough
wishIwasDM
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by wishIwasDM »

aww they were working on 3 pages :( good job to all11!!11 SENSELESS VIOLENCE [insert dorky synonym for something like 'really good at' here] ROX ME SOX LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
The snake only strikes when the stars are aligned.
Cult

Post by Cult »

It would be nice if each or at least some banks had a trash bin close by. One without a green fury muppet...
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

Imbuing.. Something like in new UO expansion.

With "one use" item like wand of transferrence maybe?

Guide:
http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_con ... tent=31031

Tables:
http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_con ... tent=31013

***************************************************************************************

Map levels up to 20.
(lvl 20 maps should be super rare and full of shadow folk etc..)
Drops maybe even +10 weps and +40 stat items :)..

Maps over lvl 15 does not have chests.. Jus a 2x2 tile bosses :P with LOW item droprate.

Hiding (With spell or skill) should be prevented on these high maps.
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

Ok, myself have just started playing NG and I enjoy it. Seeing how iv never played NG I forgot about quest not giving anything but the item it gives for doing the quest and experience points. But experience points are useless in NG so why not make it where The experience points you get you can put them on Str, Dex, or Int. It would make NG funner cause just to get any stat points you have to grind for those points. Just a simple thought nothing big. :rebel:
wishIwasDM
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by wishIwasDM »

exp -> stats = leveling on all servers(minus NG) -- if this happened we myswell have 2 reg servers, one with a faster rate of growth/limits
skills->stats is unique to NG, unno about now but used to be able afk mine come back with good str
The snake only strikes when the stars are aligned.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Quick link in forum menu to go back to armoury.
ZUPS!!!!