Ideas thread 2007

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

I just don't see these working well with a skill system that only goes up to 100. It just seems like a lot of unnecessary work load.
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Since we're only going to be Ultima inspired and not ultima based starting with 1.2 I figured I'd throw some untraditional ideas out there.

Possible Ideas:

Wisdom Instead of Wisdom being a stat like it was in EFBD It can be a new skill. It only starts raising once you have GMed all 3 magery skills. Wisdom skill slowly lowers casting time and mana use, other benefits could include Long distance AEP (like Daemons) at 75% skill) and more likely to overcome MR.

Wands: Wands attack with the damage of a base staff, but allow for faster casting and less mana usage. The more + to a wand, the faster you cast/ less mana used.

Tinted/Enchanted Staffs- Since Enchanted staffs are all but useless as are most tints I had this idea.

When casting the same spell your staff is enchanted with you do 1.5-2x damage and only use 50% of the mana you normally would.

Oak Staffs- Increase Casting Speed
Runed Staffs- Higher Max and lower min damage than plain staffs.
Barbed Staffs-Decreases the Effectiveness of Enemy healing spells
Addled- 25% chance of dispelling summoned monsters/clones

Xen Corp has a 1 in 50 chance of causing Instant Death

Weapon specials Someone else posted how they thought all weapons should have somekind of special move behind it like Rapiers and Short Swords. I like this idea and would like to see something to that effect atleast discussed.

Axes: Possibly very slow Ranged weapons based on Axe skill not Ranged?

Polearms: Attack from an extra space away.

LongSwords:Kick- Pushes back monster a space

Maces: Random chance small earthquake in surrounding the space attacked.

Just some ideas.

[/b]
Chaosknight
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Chaosknight »

I was thinking, maybe there should be a small stat benifent towards some of the crafting skills.

Example:
(Points based on every 10 points in the given skill.
Weaponsmith, Armourer, mining, and Woodcrafting - 0.5 Str bonus
Reason: Working on these would eventually build muscle.

Alchemy, Enchanting, Inscription - 1.0 Int bonus
Reason: Surely having the brains to make potions, scrolls, and enchant weapons has to build your intelligence.

Tinkering, Tailoring - 1.5 Dex Bonus
Reason: You will eventually get faster at making the items overtime.

I know it may be a bit much asking for the above stat boosts, but its always an idea.
Aristarch
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Aristarch »

I'd rather like to see stronger monsters, players are already powerful.
Foul beast approaches?!
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

TRIPtych wrote:Not that I know a huge amount about EUO.

What about Merc's. Hireable NPCS to fight along side you?
I've already suggested the idea of hiring mercenaries and still wish it would be added. Hiring a few different class and subclass characters such as Mages, Rogues, and Fighters, with subclasses Dark Mage, Light Mage, Archer, Rogue, Paladin, Fighter.

Dark Mage- Spells: VF
IVPY
OG
HP: 35 + 3/lv
Light Mage- Spells: XM
M
AXC
HP: 40 + 3/lv
*Note: Mages can also attack melee but will do very low damage*
Archer- Pros: Great vs melee units and attacking from range
Cons: Poor in melee combat and low hp
HP: 35 + 4/lv
*Note: Archers may also attack melee to anything within melee range*
Rogue- Pros: Great at causing large damage over a small period of time
Cons: Low defense and magic resistance
HP: 50 + 4/lv
Paladin- Pros: Can heal and use divine magics
Cons: Slow attack speed and concentration on healings
Spells: XM
M
HP: 50 + 5/lv
Fighter- Pros: Very strong, causing very high damage
Cons: Slow attack speed and weak vs magic
HP: 55 + 5/lv

Each class has it's ups and downs. Mages have a slower casting rate than player mages and are naturally weaker. Any physical damage with be amplified (ranged and melee). Rogue classes are quicker attacking than any other class but are weak. Medium health and no magic properties. Fighting classes are powerful hitters but are slow, and to make the paladin less powerful since healing and high hp are too good, it will cast magic more often and have a weaker attack than that of the figher.

Comments?
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

As to things I'd like to see in 1.3...

New spells for all classes. A spell to raise attack or defense for fighters, spells increasing speed for rogues and new magic spells for mages.

Also skills like laying traps for rogues and auras or some sort of party boost for fighters.

Ideas for traps: A trap that will shoot anything within a certain radius, ground laid traps that will hurt monsters once they are stepped on (like those already implemented in certain areas).

Ideas for fighter party boosts: Wards. Wards which will heal players within radius and wards which will lower a monster's attributes within radius. Or wards which may be placed on a player and minimal radius such as 1 square or 2 for the second mentioned ward. Also maybe a sacrifice skill that will allow the fighter to share hp with injured party members.
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

I don't know if it's good idea, but I think it would be cool if there would be possibility to find items(enchanted) in chests, like in EFBD.That would add a bit excitement to hunting and looting chests.On the other hand, probably quickly it would be cheesed by few rogues who would be stealthing through hunting grounds and looting chests only, without killing any mobs.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Simple fix for that, with the slow respawn rate of chests already implemented, just multiply the rareity of the item to make enchants in chests very rare. Other possible ways to stop that cheese would be to have rogues become revealed when they pick up items. This would upset many rogues, but too bad, so sad. You shouldn't be sneaking through anyways. Enchanted items in chests would be very nice. 1.2 is keeping me entertained with cartography because now I'm finding stuff other than just a gem and some gold. finding potions and items, and even leather.

Something else I think would be nice would be the possibility of taming undead. The first few days of EFBD, I noticed the taming of undead monsters was possible and even noticed further that they ate slime and brains. Since slime and brains are being introduced as food now, I think it would also be nice to add along with it, the taming capability of undead monsters. The addition of Skeletal Dragons and Zombie Dragons to the mutation of drakes would make it possible to tame those as undead pets.

Ability to create 10 arrows with 1 log. Usually when I'd run out of arrows, I'd try to make more, and it becomes a hassle getting 10 logs just to make arrows so you can kill that last sand trap that wouldn't die in time. This really isn't important nor very helpful unless you only want a small amount of arrows or have a small amount of wood. It would just be nice.

Opportunity to sell regular weapons to the smiths of New Sosaria. I really do not see any use for the regular weapons that you make while raising your weaponsmithing and even armouring. You can only enchant so many due to the rareity of valuable gems and the number of monsters which drop the powerful soul shards. Leaving MANY weapons and armours and cloths unenchanted and laying around the bank and guild halls.

Valuable gems added as drops from monsters. Still do not see ANY use for the regular onyx that I just found from that goblin... Enchanting the lowest nightvision requires a polished onyx. The dropping of more valuable gems would allow the enchanting of items without haveing first an item of the same strength. You would be able to make a ring of NV + 3 without having to first FIND a ring of nightvision + 3. This could and WOULD easily be bugged by players just killing monsters until you find the gems, but have then set to monsters the same way as soul shards. Only monsters that would drop a + 3 NV ring would drop the gem for a + 3 NV ring. Just as goblins only drop dull soul shards while trolls may drop dull and dim, and dragons may drop brilliant soul shards.

Just a few things. Comments?
-Rurik
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Silk- Rare, weightless armor with no base def. Doesn't slow down attack or walking speed at all.
Grodst

Post by Grodst »

Eclips wrote:Silk- Rare, weightless armor with no base def. Doesn't slow down attack or walking speed at all.
Drops only. Love this idea.

Simple, workable and not cheesable!

Without those qualities, it's really hard seeing anything happening with suggestions.
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.
IAmBatMan
Here for the lesbians.

Post by IAmBatMan »

Zilver wrote:As to things I'd like to see in 1.3...

New spells for all classes. A spell to raise attack or defense for fighters, spells increasing speed for rogues and new magic spells for mages.

Also skills like laying traps for rogues and auras or some sort of party boost for fighters.

Ideas for traps: A trap that will shoot anything within a certain radius, ground laid traps that will hurt monsters once they are stepped on (like those already implemented in certain areas).

Ideas for fighter party boosts: Wards. Wards which will heal players within radius and wards which will lower a monster's attributes within radius. Or wards which may be placed on a player and minimal radius such as 1 square or 2 for the second mentioned ward. Also maybe a sacrifice skill that will allow the fighter to share hp with injured party members.
"Whats up?"
"Nothin, chillin playin some Diablo....I mean EUO"
"noob"
Lenocium est non facile.
Chaosknight
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Chaosknight »

More suggestions:

Earlier on the first page Rusty suggested different tinted fish.
To make it a bit more fair, you should have special lures to catch them.

EG:
Normal Lure: Fish 65%, Rare fish 30%, Wonderous Fish 44%

Ebony Lure: Lure: Fish 65%, Rare fish 30%, Wonderous Fish 44%, Ebony Fish 25%

Copper Lure: Lure: Fish 65%, Rare fish 30%, Wonderous Fish 44%, Copper Fish 25%

ect.
Also to help explain how those fish came to be, just say they ate the ores.

Suggestion 2:
Multi-talented tools:
It would be nice to be able to make (a 100% skill in tinkering), or buy for a large sum, a special tint of a tool (pocket Knife, smelting tongs, Blacksmith hammer, ect...) that can use all the tints, without needing to have many different tools in your inventory.

Pros:

Able to use all the tints.

Cons:
Slightly heavier than the normal tools
Has a slightly higher chance of breaking
Slightly lowers the chance to make the item.

Sure it seems like the cons out weigh the pros, but thinking about the time it could save is reward enough.

Suggestion 3:
Add more livestock: Adding Goose (for eggs) and sheep (for wool) could make things a little more interesting. To extract wool from the sheep we would have to befriend the sheep, then sheer it. Then it could be made into cloth. The wool would grow back in 1 day cycle, allowing you to sheer them once per every ingame day.

Other ideas I support:
Being able to make Woodcutter's Axe
Silk clothing
Tame-able Undead
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Most of what I would've wanted in the new patch is already in the 1.2 test server.

Crafting drops such as leather, cloth, blank scrolls, and tools.

The fishing in 1.2 is the best I've ever seen it at, easy, and the return of copper, silver, and golden fish.

I would however love to see the return of Goblins, Veteran Goblins, and Elite Goblins instead of just Goblins and Goblin Bruisers, perhaps Bruisers could still remain in EUO. However, The ranks of goblins was a nice little plus in the earlier days of EUO. Perhaps a different avatar could be for each goblin rank, regular has only a sword, veteran has sword and shield + blocking chance, and elite has sword, shield, and body armor with + blocking chance and better pierce armor.

As everyone else has been mentioning, a larger continent and new lands to explore would be a great new feature.

Tamable human mobs using gold instead of food.

Just an out there idea, a boat that would weighs 50lbs and require lots of wood to make, that could allow safe movement over rough seas.

Comments?
-Rurik

PS: Was not even thinking of Diablo with the traps and auras, though I did realize they sounded very familiar but couldn't put my tongue on where it came from. Diablo, though, does not have the walk-on activated traps that EUO does. If that type of trap was added to the traps skill and allow the rogue and party members to step over it without being injured, would be a nice addition. Damage could also depend on skill level. Higher lv, more damage.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

More ideas:

Players able to hide while near NPC mobs.

Players able to walk through party members' pets and/or summons

Sanct and Vas Sanct more effective at raising defense.

Pet transfering re-implemented into EUO with certain limits.
Limit Ideas:
Dragon transfer requires receiver to be level 70-75+
Goblin transfer requires receiver to be level 5-10+
A limit system based on how good the monster is, based on taming level requirement would seem stict. Water Demons require high taming, but are rather weak, though with 60 base hp, even with + 1/lv, I'd say level 35-40 to transfer, werewolves are same hp and gain as Water Demons but are stronger and faster, so level 60 for them rather than basing it off the taming level and requireing level 90 to transfer. Such implements would not allow transfers to be cheesed like dragons to a newbie character, but would still allow players without taming to maintain a pet.
Gulnar
on lolpatrol

Post by Gulnar »

I'd like to see more commands for pets.

Especially, a command that make the pet stay in one square, but attack any enemies in range. /stay makes pets too docile, and pets that are /guarding can still end up running around and luring too many enemies.

Stricter heeling would be good-something where pets always stay 1 square from you, so if you retreat, they do to.

Commands to make the pet attack range or close only (assuming it's got a ranged attack) would be nice too. It'd be really awesome if you could specify what spells a spell using pet would cast/not cast.
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Technowizards...

Post by Dudle »

Seen some great ideas - too many to mention...

I saw Zilverlight's merc ideas and I would like to see mercanaries added - possibly 6 types - 3 main and a blend of each. So fighter, rogue, mage, paladin(f/m), ranger(f/r) and shaman(m/r).

My take on Mercs: why make them weaker?

Fighter 60hp 4hp/lvl Perform weapon specials (random weapon + weapon skill) heavy armour
Ranger 55hp 4hp/lvl Fires ranged - point blank special medium armour
Paladin 50hp 3hp/lvl Slow medium attack and cast XM(ranged) medium armour
Rogue 45hp 3hp/lvl Perform sneak and backstab light armour
Shaman 40hp 2hp/lvl Fires ranged and casts VAM light armour
Mage 35hp 2hp/lvl Cast VOG and VM(ranged) no armour

ALSO New char class idea

In a pen and paper RPG called Rifts is this class of wizard/tinkerer called Technowizards.

They make mechanical objects run on magic using crystals and rare metals they embed on them. Imbuing the object with mana in order to fill any material needs (bullets, fuel, spells) for things like telekinetic machine guns, pyrokinetic flamethrowers undead gernades...lots of possibilities.

Other character could use these items but not as well as a Technowizard (less mana to activate for Twiz).

Dudle
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Aristarch
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Aristarch »

I'd love to see all the crafting completely reworked. The way it is now, making a single(or more) item every tick is unrealistic and it floods the market with all the unneeded garbage. I've been playing lately with chainmail making and bowying and I must say it's painful and time consuming. A chain coif consist of few thousand rings that all have to be carefully crafted and linked and it takes few weeks at least - especially if you're unexperienced. A simplest bow made of some branch takes few hours to make and it won't really work well.
I'd like to see crafting that's not based on making tons of equipment - rather few pieces that you would work on for some time each. You would choose if you want to make something fast or to be good. Both time and quality(i.e. + on the weapon) would improve as your skill rises.
Foul beast approaches?!
L1ndaP
Good morning, Captain.

Post by L1ndaP »

More ideas on crafting:

With high enough mining, you should be able to tell which mountains contain silver, copper, etc and which ones are plain ore. When you dig, get everything in one dig. "You have found 10 copper ores" The same thing with chopping logs. Maybe higher yeilds in more dangerous areas or times. Have certain areas tint specific.

Let smelting get faster as your skill goes up, especially if mining is already at 100, same for sawing lumber, if you are past the skill level to do the job, it should be faster.

Maybe tinted arrows, poison, sleep, etc.

I agree with the time consumming method of crafting is not good. You fall asleep, get logged off, whatever. What do I do with Thousands of BR Armourer hammers. It's what I ended up with while learning tinkering. It is very discouraging.
Kendal Kaelyn Stryker
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

I would love to see a new use for the "worthless" items. As Kendal said, you have hundreds of smith's hammers and smelting tongs while crafting, but there's one use for them... smelting and smithing. Smithing hammers almost never break, nor do smelting tongs. You can't sell them to merchants, you put in your player merchant and it just collects dust, it takes up room in your inventory, the last thing you do is toss it on the ground... making all that effort pointless except for getting experience in the tinkering division.

Smelting tongs are made by using a tinker kit with an ingot. Perhaps there could be a way to reverse the process and smelt the smelting tongs back into an ingot to be used for something else. This coming at a price of course. The more the metal has been smelted and forged the less durable the metal would become. IE you take an ingot, make it a smelting tong, and turn back into an ingot, then you make it into a sword. That sword will be weaker than a sword made directly from ingots. This way, there's a use for all the smelting tongs... but this poses another question.

What to do with the weapons you make. Players who smith, such as Destroyer and Gulnar, have managed to supply MIB with thousands upon thousands of regular weapons. I ask what the point of it is? Who uses regular weapons? How many people can enchant even a hundred weapons that are vaporized or such? There's very few things you can do with regular weapons. Allowing them to be sold for a profit (smaller than +'s of course) would be so much more helpful. We could rid the merchants of the weapons that no one buys.

Mixing of tints. IRL, you've got things that are 30% titanium, 25% tin, 45% stainless steel... It would be rather interesting to test out a few of these such as mixing 25% copper for 1/4 of the bonus speed copper gives with 50% BR for 1/2 of the damage boost from BR with a 25% silver weapon causing slightly more damage to undead. Just a thought, not really a good one, but mentioned it anyways.

Someone mentioned the idea of making runed, barbed, and such newer tints craftable, runed through inscription, barbed through tinkering and such. Making a rune using inscription or finding runes while hunting. Using the runes in enchanting to put additional bonuses on a weapon. Different runes enable different bonuses.

Ran out of time, got more and will post later.
Comments?
-Rurik Helzthorn
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

I would love to see a new use for the "worthless" items. As Kendal said, you have hundreds of smith's hammers and smelting tongs while crafting, but there's one use for them... smelting and smithing. Smithing hammers almost never break, nor do smelting tongs. You can't sell them to merchants, you put in your player merchant and it just collects dust, it takes up room in your inventory, the last thing you do is toss it on the ground... making all that effort pointless except for getting experience in the tinkering division.

Smelting tongs are made by using a tinker kit with an ingot. Perhaps there could be a way to reverse the process and smelt the smelting tongs back into an ingot to be used for something else. This coming at a price of course. The more the metal has been smelted and forged the less durable the metal would become. IE you take an ingot, make it a smelting tong, and turn back into an ingot, then you make it into a sword. That sword will be weaker than a sword made directly from ingots. This way, there's a use for all the smelting tongs... but this poses another question.

What to do with the weapons you make. Players who smith, such as Destroyer and Gulnar, have managed to supply MIB with thousands upon thousands of regular weapons. I ask what the point of it is? Who uses regular weapons? How many people can enchant even a hundred weapons that are vaporized or such? There's very few things you can do with regular weapons. Allowing them to be sold for a profit (smaller than +'s of course) would be so much more helpful. We could rid the merchants of the weapons that no one buys.

Mixing of tints. IRL, you've got things that are 30% titanium, 25% tin, 45% stainless steel... It would be rather interesting to test out a few of these such as mixing 25% copper for 1/4 of the bonus speed copper gives with 50% BR for 1/2 of the damage boost from BR with a 25% silver weapon causing slightly more damage to undead. Just a thought, not really a good one, but mentioned it anyways.

Someone mentioned the idea of making runed, barbed, and such newer tints craftable, runed through inscription, barbed through tinkering and such. Making a rune using inscription or finding runes while hunting. Using the runes in enchanting to put additional bonuses on a weapon. Different runes enable different bonuses.

Ran out of time, got more and will post later.
Comments?
-Rurik Helzthorn