Ideas thread 2007

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Skullybones
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Skullybones »

And a 20% chance to shatter you while frozen.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

With a 1% chance your character is forever destroyed.

I take it you guys have been looking at the btiles25 too much.
ZUPS!!!!
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

I think being frozen should be more like being asleep than being paralyzed except it takes two hits to unfreeze (those two hits would be extra powerful, of couse).

Also fire attacks should actually set you on fire, which would be sort of like poison but does more damage and wears off.
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

How about when getting frozen, you just drop over and die?
~Mario
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Wise Duck says "Karma - what comes around goes around."
ZUPS!!!!
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

I've got a new class idea.

I think the skills for each class should be split into three groups (it has to be three because there are only three mage skills), something like this:

Rogue skills

~locks, traps
~shortswords, stealth
~ranged, foils

Mage skills

~magery
~piety
~sorcery

Fighter skills

~unarmed, tactics
~longswords, block
~polearms, maces, axes

When you start a charactar you pick three (maybe four?) of these groups, and you can change them at any time via slash commands. Maybe you can pick a fourth to get 50% skill in (like how you can now have 25% in other class skills). You could get to 50% instead of 25% because you can only pick one group, not all the skills in a class.

This would allow you to mix classes but still get some class skills to 100% :D

I'm not sure how armour wearing would work, though :-S

Any questions?
Comments?
Critisism?
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

"Red" monsters should always be targetted over "gray" monsters, no matter which one you saw first.
Tabitha
on lolpatrol

Post by Tabitha »

Yeah ok... you target that red dragon ... while that fire dragon is breathing down your neck... targeting in the game is fine.
Eternally Grateful To Pythian, and CIA ...TY
Mackey wrote:you guys dont jerk off to transformers? it's pleasure in disguise, dammit!

jumpstart wrote:People who call egg a EggMcFaggot should really suck his EggMcNuggets.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

No i agree, Targeting should be prioritized.

Monsters should target before PVP
Nonpvp and Ghosts shouldnt be targeted at all.
Crim before Non Crim.
Tabitha
on lolpatrol

Post by Tabitha »

prioritized!!! LMAO... How much more easier do you want the game... might as well start botting, Ya'll are just lazy... if you was quick on the keys .. targeting wouldn't be the problem... improve your skills, instead of looking for the easy street! :smoke:
Eternally Grateful To Pythian, and CIA ...TY
Mackey wrote:you guys dont jerk off to transformers? it's pleasure in disguise, dammit!

jumpstart wrote:People who call egg a EggMcFaggot should really suck his EggMcNuggets.
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

Aquamarine potions(or some other color). Temporarily boosts vigor by 50 :D
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

items that give some fire resistence would be nice :) , i hate dieing by fire drag.
Sharingan
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Sharingan »

Stinger wrote:The main point of doing quests is to get XP, so it sounds kind of pointless to do quests on NG.
The Main Point of doing Quests is to actually have some what of a storyline, instead of slashing and bashing all the time.
Backstabb
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by Backstabb »

It would be nice if your pet was able to get walked on my your party.
Regular
---------------------

Columbus---------> 53

Backstabb---------> 29

Canaan------------> 32

Permant Death
----------------------
SirVerrath--------->56
iCow
How do I attack?

Post by iCow »

I think that for miners, like myself, the mountains should be different colors for different ores.

And for ex: Copper can respawn in the same rock(s) all the time.

Zinc, Blackrock, Silver, and Ore all the same.

Just so that when we need something, we can go and get it, we don't spend 30 minutes trying to find one particular ore that we may need. We can spend that 30 minutes doing someothing else.

For ex: i spent 45 minutes, at 100 mining, trying to get Copper and Zinc for Brass ingots and sheets, and i got Ore alot of the time but i also got alot of Silver. I got a few Blackrock, but I didn't get alot of anythying for over 45 minutes, and i had 100 mining.

Just a thought. :D
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Mining is pretty dang good as is, though some of us had thought that perhaps a few invisible spots on the continent would be invisible veins of pure ore at a higher % of the time.
ZUPS!!!!
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

stegos wrote:
iCow wrote:I think that for miners, like myself, the mountains should be different colors for different ores.
I'm sorry iCow, I disagree. I personally like to sample to see what I get. Otherwise it would be too easy to find things.

I like that the veins do run out. Otherwise someone can macro forever on the same mountain and dig up 1000 ore while being AFK.

Perhaps in certain mountain ranges there might be a greater chance of finding ore specific to that region, but you would still have to prospect to find the veins.
...you do realize when you sample, say zinc, and don't mine it all, im pretty sure that the particular mountain you didn't mine all the way won't respawn into a new type of ore. sampling is lame and for lazy people
stegos

NPC special event merchant

Post by stegos »

WHAT: I don't know what to call this goofy idea. An NPC Event Supplier? Auto-Santa? NPC-MC? It would allow the person conducting an event to chat while the NPC manages and doles out items for the event.

HOW: It supplies to each person ONLY ONCE the equipment or reward or gift for a particular event. Per event, it keeps track of who has received the item(s) automatically. The recordkeeping would be account-bound so it can't be cheesed. The items to be given cannot be customized per receiver - everybody gets the same things. Also, that way a player does not know the account names of the players to receive items.

WHEN AND WHERE: Perhaps this can be a special merchant contract. Instead of the merchant disappearing after the merchant tokens are gone, it leaves after 24 RL hours. Slots for these NPC's would be available in a very limited number, say 1, but in every main town.

WHY: There are 2 scenarios for which it might apply that I can think:

1. A player wants to throw a party. The player reads the special contract at the magic spot in town. The player stocks the merchant with all the items, refreshments, party favors, etc. The player invites all the guests. Let the party begin!

2. Christmas. Instead of Egg having to keep track of who got the gift and lining everybody up, the NPC can handle those details while Egg stands by and chats with everyone. People who miss Egg himself could still receive the gift. But again, it would only be available for 24 hours.
- the true heart of ultima... is virtues and all that hippie crap - eggmceye, 2-jul-04
- Sorry would be the day that Stegos does not have some ideas, even bad ones. - me, 26-oct-05
- K goin back 2 Erth now ... - Morthwyl's Dino, 27-nov-07
- Level-up tax - the BEST gold sink! - me, 9-jan-09
- Stegos said it best... - Akyla, 21-sep-04
stegos

Post by stegos »

Mackey wrote:sampling is lame and for lazy people
Hey Mackey, please explain why it's for the lazy. IMHO, it causes the person doing the mining to keep trying harder to look for what they want, which is the exact opposite of lazy.

Let's say you're digging for silver ore. You sample here, you sample there, you sample everywhere until you find a silver ore vein, which you deplete. Then you sample some more. Repeat.

What's wrong with that? That other people have to sample too?
- the true heart of ultima... is virtues and all that hippie crap - eggmceye, 2-jul-04
- Sorry would be the day that Stegos does not have some ideas, even bad ones. - me, 26-oct-05
- K goin back 2 Erth now ... - Morthwyl's Dino, 27-nov-07
- Level-up tax - the BEST gold sink! - me, 9-jan-09
- Stegos said it best... - Akyla, 21-sep-04
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

i don't sample. you can never have too much ore. and sampling lowers the chances of tinted veins