Ideas thread 2007

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Jamie
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Jamie »

I would like to see more maps implemented, more people contributing to making maps. Im in the process of making a map, not very successful in my opinion. But you never know, I think they're should be more low level maps and maybe two or three higher level maps, you ask most higher level people, 70 - 300, where did they train the most? The pits or Hidden caves I believe is the main answer.
Grodst
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Grodst »

Great point, Jamie. More people making lower lvl maps! Everybody at least give maped a shot! Somebody will love what map you make, try it.
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

I'd love to see integrated banks. Banks would be administered to each account, rather than each character.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Grodst

Post by Grodst »

Really doubt egg gives a crap about this thread anymore, but here goes: Can we feature more things to refocus on lvl 1-80?

Not really into putting suggestions out w/o knowing if they would be considered.
OrcKiller
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by OrcKiller »

BTW, I think weaponsmith/armour should be more useful after wearing go away.. any idea
Jamie
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Jamie »

Possibly an item makeable at 100 weaponsmithing, its got a vampyric effect to it, say 15- 25%, then blackrock which adds 50% damage (Possibly 40 - 60% extra) Possible lower because of vamp effect or possibly higher because its hard to craft. It works one of out of four chances. so a 1/4 chance that it'll be made, 3/4 chance it'll fail. It is soulbound and should be like "Blooper's [Insert weapon name]"

Same idea could be used with amoury, You could make any chest piece, eg; field plate, splintmail, ring mail so forth, you could make it have a 25% vampyric effect, when hit it turns 25% of the damage into health, but still adds the blackrock ability.

It cant really be cheesed due to... being made 1/4 chances and its soulbound. Reason it should only be able to be made for the chest piece is so you cant have a full set of it, eg; Helmet, greaves, plate boots, gauntlets, or you'd be getting more hp then losing it.

Reciepe should be complicated.
This is just from the top of my head...
Vampire dust - 25 per Vampyric/Blackrock ingot. eg; To make a vampyric claymore, it'd take 250 vampire dust.

Mandrake root - 10 per Vampyric/Blackrock ingot. eg; To make a vampyric claymore it'd take 100 Mandrake roots.

Ore - Same as usual, 1 per Vampyric/Blackrock Ingot. Req. 10 to make a vampyric claymore.

Dragon Scale - 15 Dragon scales per Vampyric/Blackrock ingot. eg; to make a vampyric claymore, it'd take 150 dragonscales.

It'd take 10 Nightshade per Vampyric/Blackrock ingot. eg; To make a vampyric claymore it'd take 100 Nightshade.

It also requires 105* Alchemy.
Also, once you make the Ingot, its soulbound so you cant have someone else make it for you.

*Only 50% chance working each time.

I doubt this would be implemented, because alot of mages would probaly be like, OMG, FIGHTERS & ROGUES GET EVERYTHING, WE NEVER GET ANYTHING NEW, OMG, US MAGE'S LOSE OUT ON EVERYTHING, XC. ENCHANTED STAFF NERF. etc etc.

Even though being a mage myself, I still think it could be a possible idea.

Feedback on my idea would be nice. :D
Navarre
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Navarre »

When your character reaches 150 you can opt to retire your character permanently as an EUO diety. You will have a statue erected in Nord and permanent link your your character bio on the website.

Also, every character linked to your account will automatically "worship" this new diety and be granted special perks.

Perks could be:

an extra 25% class cap
50% bonus mana
50% bonus hp
5% xp bonus
etc.

A new way of looking at remort i guess. And an opportunity for old and/or semi-retired players to breathe new life into their other characters.
“I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.” Homer Simpson
Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bk »

OrcKiller wrote:BTW, I think weaponsmith/armour should be more useful after wearing go away.. any idea
yea, being able to sell regular items again to merchants would be nice.. 400 ore = 400 ingots = 100 Great Mauls = 33000 gold :D.

An idea for this is say you get an extra 100 gold per + on weps and def, but with stat, an extra 100 gold per every +4...

Being able to sell reg items to merchants would be useful, and would have some use for all the items you make to get up stuff.
ChickMagnet
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by ChickMagnet »

skills over lvl 100, thats about all my wish list consists of. Wouldn't have to keep unlocking things or anything the skill just gets better and better to a slight degree.
I'm Veris btw -_-
laz
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by laz »

So, i thought of a couple more things to suggest:
a) image you're out in the water, and for some reason you get killed. Understandably enough, your gold wont drop but i suggest your boat should sink!
b) special tiles boughtable with real life money.

----------------------------------------------------
Why?
----------------------------------------------------
a) Well, rafts seem to last for ever. Making them more fragile not only would create new situations in game, would also help the economy. They are quite accessible for all.
b) I was talking to rusty about houses and tiles - i saw a xmas and a snowman at someone's house (sorry for walking around!) - and i think it would be a good idea to have more offer. I know i would like a fireplace, rusty mentioned a tree...

So, that's it. Thanks for reading
:grubby:
BlackMage
I should probably get out more.

Post by BlackMage »

i'd like to see 1 hit kill XC back in :grubby: :D
"All things end in judgement."
kibman
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by kibman »

i'd like to see shadow creatures having the possibility of appearing in lvl 14/15 cart maps
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST AUTO TARGET NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

Sorry anyways here's my idea.

Instead of locking on to the closest person in sight there should be a priority rank.

Monsters
Crim Players
Players

And can you please please please make it so Good NPC's and dead players can't be targeted at all? Also it would be nice if you couldn't target people in the stands of an arena match if it isn't like that already.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

My first idea is to return metallic tinted fish and make eating them give you a temporary boost according to the tint. eg.

Golden = +1 light (like wearing a piece of gold armor)
Silver = damage deflection from undead melee attacks (like wearing 1 piece of silver armor)
Copper = Increase speed (maybe 1/2 as effective as a brown pot)
Black (Ebony/Blackrock) = +5 to defense
Diamond = +5 to attack strength
Adamantium = Combination of black and diamond fishes (should be rarer)

The effects would last until you attained 'hungry' status or for a fixed amount of time. You could stack effects by eating multiple fish but you cant stack 2 or 3 of the same effect (example: you can't eat 3 black fish for a +15 defense bonus)
I'd like to expand on this.

1. Random boots fished up not just swamp boots.
2. A corpse that sometimes might animate as a zombie and attack.
3. Giant Squids with the possibility of "Kracken" attacking.
4. Barrel, lumber, clubs of various tints.
5. Sea weed that entanges you like aep.
6. A wave washes you out to sea (you end up in the water and possibly drown).
7. Fish up a jellyfish that damages you.
8. Whirl pools sucks you into the underworld (or backto the surface if you're in the underworld).
9. Fishing Nets either greater chance to catch fish or double the chance but only in DEEP WATERS.
10. Special Resource squares implemented. Said squares have a higher/lower chance to find certain resources (i.e. there might be an area that is terrible for fishing/mining/woodcrafting/whatever), but there might also be an area where you find an exceptional abundance.

I'll think of more....

Other crafting:
Gold veins (the next 1-10 diggings throws out a gold nugget).
Possible mining gems (regular) 100% mining required.
Coal mining (used make steel weapons. Otherwise ore smelted is low quality iron (heavier, less damage, worse weapon speed, worse def).
Gold smelting tongs to make gold ingots.... currently regular can make them....which is a problem IMO. Also perhaps gold smelting tongs to make the 50 gold coins per nugget.
Change the prize of the NV+5 smelting tongs for Zinc Smelting Tongs.
Craftable tinted jewelry (copper, silver, gold, blackrock)
Findable addy jewelry
Jewelry is made via tinted ingots not just plain ingots.
--------------
I'm thinking of making some new jewelry pics. Pics would be tied to what the rings are via tints. I'm not sure what effect vairious jewelled rings/amulets could be. Naturally, making said jewelry would require said gem.
--------------
Other creatures disturbed while mining: Giants, evil brass golem, and possibly a dragon.
Other creatures disturbed while woodcutting: evil wood/ebony golem, reaper.
ZUPS!!!!
Grodst

Post by Grodst »

I'd rather like to see evil Ebony Golems wandering the forests, have them pop up if folks search for nightshade?

Perhaps Reapers or somthing similar for those searching for mandrakes.

Why should alchemists have it easy?
on lolpatrol

Post by 1 »

Don't you think that difficult creatures being spawned while mining, woodcutting and fishing would discourage lower level players from crafting? I think the zorns and serpents are bad enough for the newbs. The other ideas are ok but I think crafting is pretty solid how it is. Just my opinion anyway.
Grodst

Post by Grodst »

1 wrote:Don't you think that difficult creatures being spawned while mining, woodcutting and fishing would discourage lower level players from crafting? I think the zorns and serpents are bad enough for the newbs. The other ideas are ok but I think crafting is pretty solid how it is. Just my opinion anyway.
Yeah, that's always a tradeoff. Fun for all, DEATH for newbs.
I remember mining only around Nord as a newb, so the ever present swarm of PK'ers would save my butt!

The higher lvl baddies could be restricted to certain peninsulas or mountain ranges.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

As promised here's my new potion graphics for my extended pots.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

And more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Recap on the potion idea..

Vial
Flask
Large Brass Flask - 1 brass sheet & flask
Reinforced Brass Flask - 2 brass sheets & flask
Large Silver Flask - 1 silver sheet & flask
Reinforced Silver Flask - 2 silver sheets & flask

Lesser potions weight .5

Lesser Yellow Potion -
Yellow Potion -
Improved Yellow Potion -
Refined Yellow Potion -
Greater Yellow Potion -
Mega Yellow Potion -

Lesser Blue Potion -
Blue Potion -
Improved Blue Potion -
Refined Blue Potion -
Greater Blue Potion -
Mega Blue Potion -

Lesser Brown Potion -
Brown Potion -
Improved Brown Potion - Longer Duration
Refined Brown Potion - even Longer Duration
Greater Brown Potion - still even Longer Duration
Mega Brown Potion - Longest Duration

Lesser Purple Potion -
Purple Potion -
Improved Purple Potion - +2 AS & Longer Duration
Refined Purple Potion - +3 AS & Longer Duration
Greater Purple Potion - +4 AS & Longer Duration
Mega Purple Potion - +5 AS & Longest Duration

Lesser Iron Potion -
Iron Potion - Provides +1 tempory DEF for a duration similar to purple
Improved Iron Potion - +2 DEF and Longer Duration
Refined Iron Potion - +3 DEF & Longer Duration
Greater Iron Potion - +4 DEF & Longer Duration
Mega Iron Potion - +5 DEF & Longest Duration

Lesser White Potion -
White Potion -
Improved White Potion - Longer Duration
Refined White Potion - Even Longer Duration
Greater White Potion - Normal Duration + Truesight
Mega White Potion - Double Duration + Truesight

Lesser Black Potion -
Black Potion -
Improved Black Potion - Longer Duration
Refined Black Potion - Even Longer Duration
Greater Black Potion - Still Even Longer Duration
Mega Black Potion - Longest Duration

Lesser Orange Potion -
Orange Potion -
Improved Orange Potion- Longer Duration
Refined Orange Potion - Even Longer Duration
Greater Orange Potion - Still Even Longer Duration
Mega Orange Potion - Longest Duration

Lesser Red Potion -
Red Potion -
Improved Red Potion - Cures Poison & offers protection from poison for 12.5 seconds.
Refined Red Potion - Cures Poison & protection for 25 seconds.
Greater Red Potion - Cures Poison & protection for 50 seconds.
Mega Red Potion - Cures Poison & offers protection for 100 seconds.

Lesser Pink Potion -
Pink Potion -
Improved Pink Potion - Cures Disease & offers protection from poison 12.5 seconds. + Removes sickness from overeating. PEPTO where it coats.
Refined Pink Potion - Cures Disease & protection for 25 seconds. + Removes sickness
Greater Pink Potion - Cures Disease & protection for 50 seconds. + Removes sickness
Mega Pink Potion - Cures Disease & Protection for 100 seconds + Removes sickness

Lesser Lime Potion -
Lime Potion -
Improved Lime Potion - +2 NV & Longer Duration
Refined Lime Potion - +3 NV & Even Longer Duration
Greater Lime Potion - +4 NV & Still Even Longer Duration
Mega Lime Potion - +5 NV & Longest Duration

Mega Clear Potion - Possible Random effects x2 + cures blindness.

I still need to figure out weight for other flasks and crafting for all potions & flasks.
ZUPS!!!!