Ideas thread 2007

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

Maybe you can get a title for the pet (Kinda like a deed for a house) and you can bind a pet to it and swap it by that?
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

I like the /heal and adding /range to the list of attacks to perform ranged attacks only (if possible). Again, the less exp required to level weaker pets (goblins/orcs and such) and more exp required to level powerful pets (dragons). The /evolve is a nice feature too. Also, ability for all pets to go higher than level 25 instead of just ones that evolve.

Trading the summon horse mount for a /ride command that could also replace the flying carpet. Ability to ride certain pets (Cows, Horses, Dragons, and other such creatures) Would also limit amount of people who use the riding a horse feature because some of them want to keep their pet... Take one or the other kind of thing. Riding pets however does not allow them to fight, so riding your pet dragon may get you over that mountain, but that monster on the other side, you'll just have to kill yourself. Also, riding wouldn't be allowed in certain places, Hard to fly a dragon inside a dungeon, and horses are afraid of dark places such as dungeons, however places such as Mountain Pass would be allowed to ride because it's outside technically. Unable to ride pets into buildings such as a house (be courteous and don't ride your horse around in the bank).

Maybe changing the stable feature to a more realistic stable where there are many individual stalls and when someone puts their pet inside the stable, the pet is placed inside a random stall, each stall door will have a panel that says who's pet and what it is and what level (sort of like the "L"ook feature). But all doors are perma locked and such (obviously) this way players can see what other people have.

Increase stable holding to 5 pets per player maybe, using the same schematics as the bank (list of your pets and you choose which you want to take out).

As for equipment, certain pet items that are for a general pet only (ex: Goblin Blade for a goblin, Goblin Bow for Goblin Archer, Hooked Staff for Goblin Shaman, Dragon's Amulet for a dragon, Bearded Axe for Troll Axethrower, Staff of Power for Minotaur Shaman, GreatAxe for Minotaur Chieftain... or armours, Goblin Chainmail for goblins of all types, Orc Plate for orcs of all types, Dragon Fullplate Armour for dragons. Weapons upgrading the pet attack, Armour, upgrading their defense or lower the damage that they take or just adding more health.

A pet command that would allow ranged pets to shoot from range, but stay in one spot... perhaps change something that when you say /stay, the pet actually STAYS, sometimes I say it and if a monster gets nearby, it'll retreat abit before finally attacking and it's annoying because then the pet gets in the line of fire of some other monsters and dies and it's just... misleading because they're not actually staying.

Did I leave anything out for taming? The experience from just owning a pet perhaps? New post with more ideas later...
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

It would be cool if there was a /hide command for pets that turns them invisible and makes them stay. Or maybe a cloak of camouflage that you use on your pet while it's staying to make it invisible. Or maybe monsters just shouldn't respawn next to pets.

It also would be cool if you could use black potions or dust of disappearance on pets.

Daemons should evolve into balrons at level 75. If you get a daemon to level 75, you've earned it!
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

We need more monsters that evolve we've only got a few, ettins, imps, dragons... well, you see my point? there's only what? 5 at most? Monsters should evolve more, goblins into goblin bruisers, orcs into orc brutes, minotaurs into minotaur chieftains are another one already added... maybe some more could be added in.

Or the ability to tame bosses, you won't get the items they can drop, but you'd get a larger amount of HP and Damage and Defense instead, but for pets that evolve, it'd change, taming a boss drake and evolving it wouldn't mean boss dragon. Or you can only tame certain boss creatures. That way it's not that big of a cheat.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Maybe changing the stable feature to a more realistic stable where there are many individual stalls and when someone puts their pet inside the stable, the pet is placed inside a random stall, each stall door will have a panel that says who's pet and what it is and what level (sort of like the "L"ook feature). But all doors are perma locked and such (obviously) this way players can see what other people have.
This hit me as very interesting. Individual stall like we have our own merchants. This would definitely make people go to other towns if a stall was filled up by other players. To get a stall in a stable you'd use something like a Pet Certificate. There could be pet tokens that have to be put in there. Each swap removes a pet token. Otherwise it operates like a playermerchant/bank. I wouldn't worry too much about max number of pets.

Pet Certificates & Tokens can only be purchased by an administration office. I'd likely say the same thing for Merchant tokens and certificates.
ZUPS!!!!
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

Zilverlight wrote:We need more monsters that evolve we've only got a few, ettins, imps, dragons... well, you see my point? there's only what? 5 at most? Monsters should evolve more, goblins into goblin bruisers, orcs into orc brutes, minotaurs into minotaur chieftains are another one already added... maybe some more could be added in.

Or the ability to tame bosses, you won't get the items they can drop, but you'd get a larger amount of HP and Damage and Defense instead, but for pets that evolve, it'd change, taming a boss drake and evolving it wouldn't mean boss dragon. Or you can only tame certain boss creatures. That way it's not that big of a cheat.
What's weird is that, as far as I know, you can't tame the monsters that pets evolve into, for instance you can't tame ettin warlords.

I think you can tame bosses, but it requires more skill.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Why does that mean he can't make the ones tamable still be evolutions for other tamable ones?

I don't think you can tame bosses even with high enough skill... or their hp is dropped back down to regular.
Grodst
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Grodst »

Stinger wrote:It would be cool if there was a /hide command for pets that turns them invisible and makes them stay. Or maybe a cloak of camouflage that you use on your pet while it's staying to make it invisible. Or maybe monsters just shouldn't respawn next to pets.

It also would be cool if you could use black potions or dust of disappearance on pets.

Daemons should evolve into balrons at level 75. If you get a daemon to level 75, you've earned it!
And what would you do against clones of your bally? Have seen balrons as pets, NOT A GOOD THING. Too cheesy 90% of the time, and any exposure to monsters with Clone means your end.
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.
Rusty76

Post by Rusty76 »

Zilverlight wrote:I don't think you can tame bosses even with high enough skill... or their hp is dropped back down to regular.
I know for sure i've tamed a boss cow before, back when boss names were always visible. When I tamed it it had 6 hp instead of the normal 3 that cows usually have. I also agree with Stinger that it requires more skill to tame a boss monster. How much more I don't know. If I were to make a guess I'd say it would take twice the taming skill since all the stats on a boss monster are double of the normal one. I was taming goblins and I came across one I couldn't tame so I killed it and it was a boss. I had really low taming at the time, like barely enough to tame goblins. Finding a boss moster with the boss names hidden and taming it would be a difficult process but potentially doable.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Maybe so, just haven't come across one yet... now I'll be searching for those bosses :)

I think Block should be a skill for all classes, instead of restricted to fighters. When I use foils, I also use a shield, unfortunately my blocking skill can only go up to 25. Fighters aren't the only class to use shields.
Pythian

Post by Pythian »

Can you fix Vigour drops? Killing a Shadow lord and getting a ring of vig +4 is kind of disappointing, same with getting vig +2 stuff off red dragons.
profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=475
www.methosk.com
A Personal Home Site Built From Scratch.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Yeah Vigour drops are useless now a days.... which makes me wonder how much i can get for my old Vigour stuff since now its damn near impossible to find new vigour drops past +5