Musketeer Build (Human Rogue/Priest, Reg/PD/NG)

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Musketeer Build (Human Rogue/Priest, Reg/PD/NG)

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Now that muskets are more easily available, I thought I'd share a build that I used when I had a musket loaned to me.

Human 100 rogue, 100 priest, 25% str, 75% dex, 25 int (try to get away with low int)

Gear selection
Musket +8/+9
Bone Cap MR +4/+5
Bone Robe MR +4/+5
Bone Belt MR +4/+5
Leather Leggings and Gloves (one vigour +16 and one NV +5)
Dragonscale Boots MR +4/+5
2x Bone Ring Attack +8/+9
Bone Necklace Attack +8/+9
Mind Sigil Attack +8/+9
Body Sigil Attack +8/+9
Spirit Sigil Attack +8/+9

Important information
The unique thing about muskets is that they are incredibly slow weapons (we're talking twice as slow as a halberd/great maul). There is a lot of down time so because of this you will want to weave your divinity spells and heals between musket blasts. The trick is to not use two ranged, non-special musket attacks in a row. You will have to get a rotation down such as these:

Group of monsters example rotation
Ranged Musket Attack - VAMT (great power word pain) - Attack - FG (flame strike) - Attack - Spray and Pray

Single normal monster example rotation
Ranged Musket Attack - VAMT - Attack - Aimed - Attack - FG

Single difficult monster example rotation
Ranged Musket Attack - VAMT - Attack - Mani (heal self) - Attack - Point Blank Headshot - Attack

Stealth example rotation
Equip shortsword with hotkey (such as a blackrock machete +8/+9) - Stealth in - Backstab - Equip musket with hotkey - Ranged musket attack - etc

Healing Spells
Heal Self (29 piety, try to use only between fights)
Greater Heal Self (79 piety, more useful between musket shots)

Offense
Power Word Pain (39 divinity, underrated spell, use this early game before 100 divinity to take away about 20% of a target's max HP)
Turn (69 divinity, feel free to mess with this one if you're against undead but other spells may be better choices)
Banish (79 divinity, try not to use this until you kill whatever is cloning/summoning)
Summon Sword Golem (79 divinity, useful, don't use it when it may lure more monsters)
Flame Strike (89 divinity, underrated spell, useful at higher levels)
Greater Power Word Pain (100 divinity, underrated spell, might be the best spell in the game, takes away about 20% of the HP of monsters in a 5x5 square around you)

Special attacks
Aimed (50 ranged, 50 rage, a nice regular attack that also slows, use right after a normal attack if you can to two hit an easy monster)
Point Blank Headshot (90 ranged, 100 rage, use this against single, high HP enemies to bleed about 25% of their max HP)
Spray n Pray (90 ranged, 100 rage, use this against groups of monsters and you can even use a khaki potion with this for extremely easy clears)

Other hunting advice
Since you are priest, you can play healer if you'd like. Use your buffs to give yourself protection and health, try to buff party members as well.

Khaki potions
I wanted to give khaki potions it's own section. Using a khaki potion with spray and pray is a great way to do a ton of damage to just about any single or group or targets. It is possible to get a large quantity of khaki potions if you sit afk long enough doing two particular steps. I think playing rogue priest with spells between shots is a great way to use muskets and this guide shows that you don't need to use khakis to hunt with muskets (although I have nothing against those that use the khaki method).

NG non-human builds
  • 100 Ranged, 100 Divinity, 100 Tactics, 50 Necromancer

90 Ranged, 100 Divinity, 80 Tactics, 50 Necromancer, 30 Piety

100 Ranged, 100 Divinity, 70 Sanctity, 50 Necromancer, 30 Piety

100 Ranged, 100 Divinity, 100 Bonecrafting, 30 Piety, 20 Tactics

100 Ranged, 100 Divinity, 100 Stealth, 50 Necromancer
NG Human Builds
  • 95 Ranged, 100 Divinity, 100 Traps, 100 Locks/Bonecrafting, 30 Piety

95 Ranged, 100 Divinity, 100 Tactics, 100 Bonecrafting, 30 Piety

100 Ranged, 100 Divinity, 100 Sanctity, 100 Piety, 25 Tactics

100 Ranged, 100 Divinity, 100 Tactics, 70 Sanctity, 50 Necromancer, 5 Tactics

100 Ranged, 100 Divinity, 95 Shortswords, 100 Stealth, 30 Piety

90 Ranged, 100 Divinity, 90 Unarmed, 75 Stealth, 70 Sanctity
Last edited by 1[WoWz] on Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
IGN: 1
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Re: Musketeer Build (Human Rogue/Priest, Reg/PD)

Post by Tink »

Musket hype, everyone is going to be like Mackey and milking Cowwy. :roll:

Wait, does Severian have a bot for this?!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

If its Severian then ..... "There's a bot for that." Just like apple apps.

Musketeers need fancy feathered hats, 7 league boots, and long capes. And moustaches.... Long wiry ones.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'd actually not call that a pure musketeer build since most weren't priest irl. Now fighter/rouge would seem more like a musketeer. Considering some were incredible fencers I'd toss in foils.

For a newb starting a dual class then consider rogue 100% and fighter of whatever % the higher the better for tactics. Healing is standard meditation/bandages/yellow pots and maybe a healing banner if you're into enchanting.

All of 1s combat tactics are pretty sound esp aimed for single targets. If you're familiar to solid ranged combat then fighting withdrawal is no stranger to you. Lure a few or many as you fire to charge up rage. Ranged and magic mobs obviously fire back so better hope you don't walk back into a respawn or a wall.

Now I'd suggest half-Orc for race and runed for a musket. Rage is your friend and you want it fast. I assume khakis are still rare. If you get into a fix bam onto your foils and shield and fence your way out. You decide if you want to tank the heavy armor or hide and snipe in light or ua gear.

End game build.... I dunno. I just liked shooting shit.