Build Questions thread

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Build Questions thread

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I want to make a thread for people to ask simple questions and get simple answers about their builds, potential builds, or just brainstormed ideas they want to bounce off of other people. Please specify the server, race, and classes as needed.
IGN: 1
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: Build Questions thread

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I'll start us off with a build idea for regular and PD I was just brainstorming: human, 100 fighter, 100 necromancer

Equipment would include a hexblade, shield, heavy armor, attack jewelry/sigils (shields don't work with staves, do they work with hexblades?)

Str 25-75
Dex 225-250
Int (the rest)

Attacks would be almost always ranged magic spells. The difference is you'd be a lot more tanky from tactics, shields, and heavy armor.

Thoughts?
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Another quirky build idea for reg/PD.

Half Troll 50 fighter/50 necro (vamp optional)

90% str/10% dex (a one handed mace or polearm would work great)

Attacks would be all melee, specials would be shield bash.

The regen from half troll and the extra hp from bone belt would make you unstoppable. Use a barbed weapon to keep them bleeding during shield bash and use soul transfer if you're getting low on health.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Maximum HP TANK - MEAT SHIELD

Post by Keighn »

I've been contemplating this for a bit on all severs. A party MEAT SHIELD. Obviously it has to be either pure fighter or Dual class fighter priest.

Fighter Weapon = Tank mode
Priest = Easy access to healing (only really need mani)... but I've found high hp and regen + pots work fine.
So... Lots of Mega Yellows
Regeneration.
Solid Strength Gear (for the HP) or go with High MR?
Bone Rings/Armor,Helm/necklace of high str.
fighter weapon should be leeching and barbed.
shield should be spiked.
Rest of armour... gold maybe for light though crystal str would work... being dwarf can make mithril.

Race? I want to say if you go the potion route to be Dwarf. It sounds solid.
Weapon: Doesn't Matter but 1 Handed and a Shield. Maybe a DOT weapon to help the party.
You'll Battle roar to keep aggro.

Probably something else I'm missing.

Opinions?
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Hit 700+ on PD. Necromancer/Mage.

Planning on going full bone balymystic items +30s int (as much as possible).

Should I:
a) Just keep pumping int
b) Increase HP at HP shrine?
c) Increase Str (does that still bump HP more than other stats?)
d) Respec my stats... currently at 200 str and 100 dex base? Whats the max walking speed dex now?
e) Go Necro/Priest for more increased survival? Confuse is super helpful atm, but not super reliable at 87% success casting rate, but seems better than VM. Would it be worth race changing to human for full dual class + xp increase?

http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=MorganleFay&serv=PD

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

If Kevin is till player (emomage) you could ask him. There are others that have played necro to death as well. I toyed around on alpha with it. Egg noted that necros were getting more xp and dmg from the hail of bones and perhaps corpse explosion (someone correct me). Its supposedly fixed now. I mean we had a guy getting lvl 1ks in like a month or less (thus egg implemented the limit of 3 lvl 1ks on pd max - suckage for those who work it the long way but eh.. maybe one should do something else).

Bone YEAh, you need hp. Some str perhaps for hp I dunno. VEU will solve some encumbrance problems unless you are a packrat. I just was a sucky necro. Your summons are pretty golden though. Watch out for lag. If you are using hexblades you will find pure int sucks. There is a happy medium between the stat builds for using the hexblades with optimal special damage and spells. I have a hexblader who is pure 10/90 str/dex for the dmg weapon. His special dmg sucks ass due to no int.

If a spell basher then yeah all int and use a staff. Eh... hard to make a death knight I guess.