Simple Fighter class build (29% priest or 100% priest)

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Simple Fighter class build (29% priest or 100% priest)

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I want to make a simple, strong build for beginners that may be struggling and dying too much with some other classes. This will be a guide for a fighter class with enough priest to use the mani spell (heal self) at 100%. I'll break down the steps in bullet point style.

-Start as a human, pick maces (to be more tanky with area of effect crowd control), longswords (if you want high damage per second), or axes (for high single target dps). I do not recommend polearms in their current state due to the underwhelming special attack. Although if you level up all the weapon skills, the weapons can use 2 different weapon specials depending on the weapon type.

-Buy the mani (heal self) spell in Nordhaven (starting town).

-When you can, buy or find some vigour gear by using the merchant search on the website. You shouldn't need more than 8 to 14 vigour total.

-Train piety to 29.6% by casting mani over and over. The other 95.4% of your class cap will go to fighter skills (you can raise the cap by meditating levels at the versatility shrine later).

-Craft a copper weapon and heavy armor from mining and smithing; shift-u to use an unequipped, non-magic weapon on a fountain inside a dungeon for a chance to upgrade it.

-With heal self and vigour, you should be practically unkillable. Go do quests or dungeon bash to level up a bunch.

-A shield is useful against melee mobs (which there are a lot of early game), grab a tower shield and go from goblins, to ogres, to minotaurs. Wear whatever defense gear you find.

-Once minotaurs start getting easy, start fighting imps and start using magic resistance items instead of defense (River's End is a good place to hunt both minotaurs and imps).

-At around 500 magic resistance, Daemons should be no problem. 875 Magic Resistance will let you fight dragons without taking much damage at all.

-When you hit level 125, try to buy a full set of magic resistance +5 gear from other players. Obtain a blackrock weapon +8/+9 by crafting one or buy another high end weapon from another player.

-If you want to go full tank, you have the option of running magic resistance rings, necklace, and sigils but if you want more damage, you can use +attack/damage rings, necklace, and sigils instead (this is the more popular choice).

Here is an example of a late game build that would be relatively easy to obtain:

Tank/defense build (try to get at least 4 or 5 gold tint items so you don't have to use torches or IL/VL scrolls)
Blackrock Longsword/Mace/Tomahawk +8/+9
Tower Shield Magic Resistance +5
Field Plate Magic Resistance +5
Greaves Magic Resistance +5
Full Helm Magic Resistance +5
Gauntlets Magic Resistance +5
Belt Magic Resistance +5
Dragonscale Boots of Vigour +14-+16
Ring Magic Resistance +5
Ring Magic Resistance +5
Spiked Collar Magic Resistance +5
Mind Sigil Magic Resistance +4/+5
Spirit Sigil Magic Resistance +4/+5
Body Sigil Magic Resistance +4/+5

Offense build (try to get at least 4 or 5 gold tint items so you don't have to use torches or IL/VL scrolls)
Blackrock Longsword/Mace/Tomahawk +8/+9
Tower Shield Magic Resistance +5
Field Plate Magic Resistance +5
Greaves Magic Resistance +5
Full Helm Magic Resistance +5
Gauntlets Magic Resistance +5
Belt Magic Resistance +5
Dragonscale Boots of Vigour +14-+16
Ring of Attack +8/+9
Ring of Attack +8/+9
Spiked Collar of Attack +8/+9
Mind Sigil of Attack +8/+9
Spirit Sigil of Attack +8/+9
Body Sigil of Attack +8/+9

Make sure to felmythic all of your end game gear for extra MR. Get as close to 2625 Magic Resistance as possible to make fighting heroic dragons easy.

Going 100% Fighter and 100% Priest is also an option. The benefits of this are mainly to use the following spells: Greater Power Word Pain (AOE bleed damage), Banish (gets rid of summons/clones), Full Heal Self (a complete heal with a 7-15 second cooldown), and you also have some buff and utility spells without having to use scrolls. The strategy with this build is to run into a large group of monsters, use greater power word pain, start attacking, and use banish if needed (but only if you kill the last enemy that can summon/clone). This build is probably one of the easiest to solo the Blood Queen.
Last edited by 1[WoWz] on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
IGN: 1
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: Simple Fighter class build (with some priest)

Post by EmoMage »

the only one thing that i would change (and this is just my personal preference) is the shield for the defensive state. you'll block more with defense than with any other stat. I'd have a BR tower +6-+7. I know everyone is different, but i like that build except for the shield.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

EmoMage wrote:the only one thing that i would change (and this is just my personal preference) is the shield for the defensive state. you'll block more with defense than with any other stat. I'd have a BR tower +6-+7. I know everyone is different, but i like that build except for the shield.
I see what you're saying, but I would only consider that if I fought tons of shadow warriors (heroic or normal, but that's really only in city of shadows). Since blocking melee attacks isn't a huge concern late game, I feel like the extra 80-100 MR is much better.
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

Yea, MR > Defense late game. Kevin must be fighting melee dragons.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: Simple Fighter class build (29% priest or 100% priest)

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I added a section at the bottom of the original post regarding 100% fighter, 100% priest.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Are we talking reg server or pd? While I see the merits of priest as a failsafe there is much to be said about a solid powerhouse fighter to inflict the as much damage as possible. The lost levels to versatility on reg seems annoying.... Same with remort on pd.

That said, the paladin build does a fantastic job for solo. I can't deny that.

/agree high MR
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Keighn wrote:Are we talking reg server or pd? While I see the merits of priest as a failsafe there is much to be said about a solid powerhouse fighter to inflict the as much damage as possible. The lost levels to versatility on reg seems annoying.... Same with remort on pd.

That said, the paladin build does a fantastic job for solo. I can't deny that.

/agree high MR
This guide was created with regular in mind, but applies to PD as well.

You have some valid points here Keighn. It's a different play style and both are good in my opinion. The levels spent at versatile may decrease single target melee damage, but the VAMT AOE bleed damage is crazy against anything that has decent HP (heroic shadow warriors, heroic blacks/reds, blood warriors). Also Banish may not be damage but it does reduce the time you spend hitting things melee, unless you ignore the clones/summons.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

PD 100% Fighter/75% Dwarf Priest

Post by Keighn »

PD TANK Dwarf 100% Fighter/75% Priest

Now this alt is only starting but TargetDummy utilizes HP for a Tank build of a different sort. I really don't have great gear for this alt and as of yet I don't have sigils. I don't utilize AS gear. The big deal of this alt is the following:

Tactics 100% to reduce some damage
Bone Gear to in increase HP
Booze to increase HP
100 int for basic priest spells (mostly healing self and others)
Rest all Str for massive HP boost
Mostly solid STR gear for HP Boost
Defensive foods vs elements or HP boost
Feel Great Fountains for even more HP boost
Shield for blocking.
While the main armour is Bone (Aegis, Helm, 2 rings, 1 Necklace), the rest I'm considering mithril or gold (light radius but the paltry MR for mithril might be ok).
Belt of Regeneration for HP restoration
1 Handed weapon that can Cleave or Thunderclap to stun and bleed opponents.
Shield Bash to Stun opponents

Spells:
Mani
xen Mani
Powe Word Pain (since only 75% priest a single oppnent 100% time is better than failing vs many)
Banish
Turn Undead
Sword Golem

I'm actually quite surprised by this build. Yeah I've about died a few times due to stupidity or lag but in general... its a powerful build. I meant to build this as a support type DAMAGE SPONGE. Now, I realize that some mobs in APOC maps or EPIC beasts are generally so powerful they can rip through a lot of MR. My mage can get up to almost 6k MR and yet various heroic mobs or elder blood lords can tear him a new one due to low HP (1600). Copmared to my pure fighter that only has a few problems at times. I'm sure there's something I'm missing here like adding spikes to the shield, a spiked collar to negate choking (doesn't appear to be a bone version). Glass is impractical because I can't wot it though I do love the reflective properties. As is, I'm having a hell of a time getting extra vig +15 on the bone armour and am stuck at 2 pieces of +10. I t hink 30 vig would be a sweet spot so felastral seems like a solid choice for a full suit even though I'd enjoy the extra MR for felmythic.

Someone point something else I'm overlooking atm.
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Interesting facts, drwarves have bonus hp from str but only str that is inherent to the dwarf. Normal str equip only boost normal hp. Hence using int gear instead of str gear would be more profitable if we're talking about getting 30 more hp at the end xD
KoRnAGAIN

Re: PD 100% Fighter/75% Dwarf Priest

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

Keighn I want to see him as a 1k.

It would be cool to also see a straight DPS output for a fighter. Fighters that I have seen are eigther tanks or hit like tanks but they are still slow. I wonder what the best balanced TANK and fastest at killign (DPS) fighter build is :?

-Colt
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Fastest at killing. I'd agree with "1" one multiple DOT + some heavy smack downs probably solid str and AS gear (nix the MR).

It would be remort and I'd probably go with priest, though necro has some definite advantages with the HOB, summons, and some others stuff like corpse explosion. Minimal in int but enough for the spells, and damn... I'd say leeching or suck up some vig either via mystic or just a high single Vig gear (maybe 2).

Emo had a pretty damn good fighter and even though warhammer is less damage it hits a lot faster. That said, halberd is probably a better choice for Cleave, bloodbolt, and thunderclap (the top 3 now IMHO - I was a flurry fiend but changed). I also utilize a large packet of Orange pots and a pet at times (though it dies too much) to slept or slow foes.

Naturally, I'd love to see a solid str/AS fighter with a top end halberd. Even then there are some mobs that eat HP likes ravenous pigs even tanked. Pure fighter is a rough life but sort of old school. TD will some day hit higher levels... but not this weekend. I have to help someone move. UGH! I hate moving.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I recall something in old posts about Kodiak using claymore and khakis a lot. Fastest 1 handed fighter weapon is what; the spear?
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Keighn wrote:I recall something in old posts about Kodiak using claymore and khakis a lot. Fastest 1 handed fighter weapon is what; the spear?
Fastest 1 handed fighting weapon is the cleaver I believe.

The best full offense DPS build I could think of is probably a Draconian Fighter + addy great maul +9/IJO + flurry special.

For tanky builds that do damage, I prefer DoT specials/tints/magic.