Necromancers ARE LIVE!

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Re: Necromancers ARE LIVE!

Post by eggmceye »

here's a cool post that got buried in the wrong thread
Eclips wrote:I always liked the old trade offs that came with the races IE +10% Str, -10% Int. I also think this kind of system might work with Necros, and keep true to their theme, and also make them something new/different.

Passive Ability: Damage and MR increase with decreased health.

Aura of Pain: Necromancers emit a constant 4x4 aura of pain that inflicts slow (o) and damage on mobs and party members.

Change Hail of bones to Match that new blood attack thats similar- Friendly target spell, inflicts wound on friendly target to cast spell Spell stops when wound is healed.

Consume: Consumes Greater Red shard to grant temporary regen of Hp

Soul Blast: Consumes Greater Blue Shard to cast high damage spell that ignores damage reduction/MR

Death is only the beginning: 600sec effect. Self Target: If player dies during this time, is automatically resurrected as a Lich. -25% health and def, +25% damage and MR, Same immunities/weaknesses as undead, Heals hurt, and potions have no effect. Effect continues until player dies. Spell cannot be cast while in this form and spell cooldown begins at the termination of the effect.

Forced Sacrifice: Binds player and friendly target together. While active Caster receives 25% damage, and the other 75% goes to spell target ignoring damage reduction (Tank Stance, Tactics). Increases threat from caster's attacks/spells.

Acid Wind- Also halves DEF

Forced Sacrifice in conjunction with the passive Damage/mr scaling will allow players to stay at relatively low levels of hp and benefit from their passive.
Tetrahedron
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Tetrahedron »

eggmceye wrote:People seem to agree to make it a dex/int build right? Also, necro should be at least as squishy as rogues. I'll study some rogue builds and post the results below.

summary of ideas:

for more health, assuming STR becomes less important

* get permanent hp bonus from a spell+kill (mackey): the main problem is that it ends up being grindy if it is a random chance to get each +1hp and that would suck. Another prob is respec: that bonus needs to disappear if you class out of necro and into something else
* perm hp bonus from something else: something intrinsic, eg % in necromancer gives hp bonus, but it's messy engine side, and hard to explain/concepualise

* temp hp bonus from somewhere:
* -- sacrifice corpse: obvious choice as it is simple to implement and on-theme
* -- eating a summon / pet for same effect? concept of destroying a summon is good: goes with the sacrifice theme, tho wouldn't eat: YUCK LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON - I think sacrifice of corpse easier/neater
* -- temporary bonus is ok but has to last long time so as not to become annoying

* and interestingly, instead of a hp bonus, higher dmg mitigation - via bone armour?
* -- good idea. but limits armour availability : tho I guess everything can be crafted and WoTed

Or combo of any of the above: I think combo of sacrifice corpse + bone armour, and see how that works.

for summons
* summons should tank
* summons should (for mage and necros) give more xp to the owner/party
* summons should not get in way (hence giblets merge into voltron)

Roopert wrote:When I think necromancer though, I think of a mage that deals with death, draining life from the living to add to their own. And minions, the necromancer with the undead army is how I imagine the classic necromancer.
me too ... tho euo gets laggy and hard to read with a busy screen, so I think the army of minions, while my original intent, is not that practical

and I'll nerf soul xfer as little as possible to stop it from being cheese

thankx everyone for posting: esp the guy with one post ! that's like the opposite of doing your first post in the ban thread :aus: :ymca:
So, pertaining to an army of minions, as fun as it is to have dozens of giblets clogging the screen, and as much as it fits to the classic "necromancer" I do prefer having a smaller number of more powerful minions, and not even for lag purposes. I also agree on the idea of a dex/int build, it'd make for a very interesting playstyle and stat allocation, and an idea pertaining to the bone armor, whether it be extra health or damage mitigation, it could be a spell similar to the one used to create hexblades, modifying armor into say, bone studded whatever, possibly taking %necromancy to wear based on the item? Just an Idea though, I haven't really thought about how much coding that would take, and it does seem like it'd be a lot, and I already love what you've done so far with it, so pretty much I'll be happy with whatever you do.
Eclips wrote:Didn't realize bonecrafting was in yet. Bones are too rare to be the first ingredient. Maybe you can use Greene to draw blood samples and start with something a little more accessible?

Hail of Bones won't cast on any mob located on the high seas. The spell just says Failed.
I personally +1 the idea of using blood samples as a potential ingredient for something, and hail of bones spawns an invisible helper mimic to cast the spell for you, which can't exist on water tiles.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

from the updates thread!

* necros get up to 80% xp from their summons, up from 50%
* fixed necro bonecrafting skill rate ... now increases much more quickly (it was set at the slow rate)
* hexblades is now a 10/90 str/dex build! THAT'S A LOT OF DEX - email me egg@swut.net with your character name / server if you want a free respec certificate for your necromancer (offer expires soon): only applies to mid-high levels, not new chars
* added bonecrafted belt item
* wearing your bonecrafted belt item grants the necromancer +20% HP max (at 100%necromancy, linearly scaled down when necromancy is less) (hint: it is the bone material that adds the HP bonus, not the belt, but currently only works on the belt slot because I am lazy, so don't expect every slot to give a HP bonus, eg your bone ring of NV!!) (also prepare for a belt 'expansion' in the next 5 years)
* new Necromancy spell 'Ritual Sacrifice' Corp Mani (death health?) : cast on a corpse to get a +50HP buff for 30 mins (cast on a corpse on an altar for a slightly better bonus!) - circle 4, from the same NPC: but if you already have FGC then you will get it automatically
* soul transfer: only works once per mob, and only works when mob's HP>50%
* Hail of Bones now works on water (the mimic helper is now a crocodile ^.^ )

feels like a pretty productive couple of hours doing that lot ... I like the altar tie in ... and also, this is slightly old but has anyone tried meditating at an altar?

I spent some time thinking about voltron giblets but it's a bit tricky and might be a first thing in the morning sort of job. Would also possibly put the 5x summon thing down to 3x
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Allow us to craft A Helping Hand. One time use VEU item. Since Crafting is more central to the kit, necros will need more load than they will be allowed with a dex build.
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

I noticed the meditation change when the brown stone got put in. Just for effect right?

If you use Ritual Sacrifice at full HP, only your total HP goes up. All other health buffs keep you at full when used.

Possible Necro Arties:

Offhand:
The TellTale Heart: +Regen +MR
The Shrunken Head: + Dex +Dodge
The Fleshbound Tome: + 10% magic damage from necro spells + Vigour

Weapons:

Death's Touch (Scythe) - 7 AS and XC enchant
Baleak's Sacrificial Blade (Rondel)-7 AS Barbed
Jerusalem's Twisted Spine (Kryss) -7 AS +10 Vigour
Redbeard's Revenge (Longsword) - 7 AS + 20 Dex
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

(also prepare for a belt 'expansion' in the next 5 years)
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON being realistic with the timeline, nice. I'm excited for belts for all classes, please let me know if you need brainstorming help/belt ideas!

Also the changes look interesting. I'm interested in the DPS of a DEX build for melee vs an INT build for spells. Everything looks great so far though.
IGN: 1
Stretchy
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Stretchy »

I second the idea of a Bone Armor spell, similar to the one used in Diablo II. Instead of adding AC like Sanct, make it prevent X amount of damage with that amount scaling with Int. Only usable on caster.
Politicians are old and have bad karma/STDs.
Tetrahedron
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Tetrahedron »

Eclips wrote:Allow us to craft A Helping Hand. One time use VEU item. Since Crafting is more central to the kit, necros will need more load than they will be allowed with a dex build.
I agree with this idea, both because crafting being more central to the kit than most others, and for the purpose of carrying around corpses for Corp Mani, either just for on-the-go refreshers to the buff or to take to an altar for the elder buff.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

why would you need to carry a corpse? it lasts 30 mins and corpse arent that rare
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

I think he means player corpse for the new sacrifice spell, especially when you consider having to drag it to an alter. And I'd have to test to confirm but I know i found a corpse in eclips's inventory once, that had at least been there a few days. I dunno if they only decay during gameplay or not.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

works on monster corpse too
and the altar thing: that is meant to be cute but of course everyone now has to min/max, right? and soon ppl will be complaining abt having to carry a corpse everywhere :knife:
Tetrahedron
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Tetrahedron »

I mean, there's not really a reason to not use an altar if you have one available. Even though it's a small buff to the spell, even 16 health counts, especially when you're small, and though corpses are really easy to come by there are some areas of mobs that just don't drop corpses whatsoever. More strength is good too, of course, health and carrying capacity never hurt anybody, but I've noticed early game carrying capacity suffering a whole lot compared to every other build I've made, and that's just trying to get to the str/dex ratio. That being said, I love the changes you've been making, and as I said earlier, I'd love pretty much any damn thing you do at this point because necromancer is beautiful.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

kind words like those are what keeps this rotten game going!
Tetrahedron
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Tetrahedron »

eggmceye wrote:kind words like those are what keeps this rotten game going!
You just made my week.
Stretchy

Post by Stretchy »

Slightly off-topic, but are altars not available for purchase? I saw a few in the D12 guild, but after triple-checking Ikea and the Cash Shoppe, I didn't come across any. :-S
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Stretchy wrote:Slightly off-topic, but are altars not available for purchase? I saw a few in the D12 guild, but after triple-checking Ikea and the Cash Shoppe, I didn't come across any. :-S
They aren't available for purchase. The D12 hall was made in maped, that's probably why they have them. I only know one person that has one in their home and how they got it there was a one off situation.

But they should be a bonecrafted item in my opinion and maybe even give a larger buff (maybe even hp).
IGN: 1
Stretchy

Post by Stretchy »

There's a nifty idea. Bonecrafted Bone/Skeletal Altar. Double bonus from a regular altar.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

pocket portable bonecrafted altar

edit: just psoted that to twitter and got 2 retweets :2cool:
twit.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Xyst88
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Xyst88 »

Concerning the ability Bone Armor and some possible suggestions with necromancer survivability. I can make two suggestions

Bone armor could become a AOE ability that targets self (yes only the necromancer would get the buff) All enemies within a 3x3 area provide 1 stack per and provide the necromancer with more health, armor, ect. That way the necromancer is able to keep up with fighting multiple targets without having to stress.

So what happens when you fight 1 monster, maybe a boss? Instead of extra health provide an absorption shield and armor that lasts X time. Recastable when the shield is broken, or a set cooldown.
As for having to possibly carry multiple corpses to set a few spells off, how about a enchantment spell that makes corpses that high lvl necromancers carry weigh less.

Someone else brought up about Clone of Acid and the reduced Armor and Magic resist not providing all that much assistance because "You are either hitting them for full damage or not" What if the Clone of Acid became "Fester and Rot" Debuff on all enemies - During the spell duration, all damage that is taken is amplified or stored and blows up after the time period.

Theory behind it.. if you have 3 people attacking a monster, damage is built up and blows up after say 3 seconds. So if you have one person attacking one monster, the damage build up will be lower than what it would while fighting with a group of friends. It provides a importance of a necromancer being a support without having to be gimped to the back lines.
Xyst88
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Xyst88 »

Ritual of Sacrifice - Another suggestion or fun little perk with using a alter. Bonecrafting - Make a 2nd type of Alter, this one requires a group of people for it to function. (I mean cmon all sorts of rituals and cult stuff!) You make the alter, place it, than the corpse on top of it, The necromancer and x amount of people click the alter providing the Necromancer with even more health depending on the number of people participating as well as a small percentage of health being splashed to those that participated in the ritual.

Or instead of making a second type of alter for group play. Make ritual of sacrifice a aoe whenever you cast it on a alter. When there are x people near the alter, buff is provided to the necromancer as well as splash buff to those within the aoe.