Necromancers ARE LIVE!

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: Necromancers ARE LIVE!

Post by Eclips »

Another first time poster who isn't posted to be unbanned. You're on a roll Max! Could this be the end of an era?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Voltron giblets? Good think I don't have the cartoon link anymore. Necros sound like a hit. Grats My biggest kick ATM is looking at the latest gfx and reading players comments. Maybe someone will make a necro video I can watch
ZUPS!!!!
Xyst88
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Xyst88 »

Soul Transfer - When you are in the middle of cast time you are no longer able to hit any other key on the keyboard. Hitting enter for example to chat is no longer possible.
Suggestion on spell - When a target is held down from Soul Transfer creature should take increased amount of damage from other sources. The necromancer himself is not able to benefit from this but it makes it party friendly. Perhaps increase the amount of damage target takes while being held. Its very similar to sleep, paralyze ect. If this sounds overpowered perhaps make it so that the necromancer gains more life from the siphon but also takes increased damage halved down maybe?

Command Death - Spell functions as intended but a problem I am seeing is that upon death, you are instantly raised with a very small amount of life left. The death animation is so brief that monsters continue fighting the target without a change of heart. It essentially makes the spell useless, why even get yourself in the position of dying in the first place? Yeah it happens but at this rate all you see is a bright flash that someone died, and then they are on the floor again when the flash is gone.
Suggestion - Possibly have a 2-3 second delay before player respawns that way monsters have time to focus on a new target, or return to their starting point.

What about a spell that uses a portion of the necromancers life force to do high amounts of damage. High risk, high reward, and if your not careful you will be burned. Great for focusing on a rotation of using soul transfer to regain life, and blasting an enemy a few times with your own raw energy.

The necromancer has been a VERY enjoyable class to play with my buddy and its awesome learning the abilities, very very exciting! Keep up the great work because this sort of stuff keeps us coming back time and time again!

Lastly, im bad at writing these sort of things. I am sorry if I came off rough in any varying degree im very excited about all these changes.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ah in d&d certain staves had that. Strike of retribution. Could call it Life blast like in wizards crown. Final strike eh. I wonder if there should be an amount of energy to be put in where you will die. Sort of a Strike of Sacrifice
ZUPS!!!!
Xyst88
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Xyst88 »

A portable glass weapon? Hehehe

**Edited to add another thing instead of having several posts.

Cone of Acid - Debuff shows as <Z> instead of <z> tested with Necro and Monk party
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Skulls! We get a lot of them digging up graves. Bonecraft 'em into skullcap headgear, or something like an orb for offhand. Or skull bombs. Maybe a skull drinking-vessel.

Bonecrafted shovel would be cool too, maybe less chance to break?
Djanno :smoke:
Tetrahedron
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Tetrahedron »

Djanno wrote:Skulls! We get a lot of them digging up graves. Bonecraft 'em into skullcap headgear, or something like an orb for offhand. Or skull bombs. Maybe a skull drinking-vessel.

Bonecrafted shovel would be cool too, maybe less chance to break?
I like the idea of bonecrafted shovels, but I don't think a lesser chance to break would seem appropriate, at least not to me. Perhaps, due to their affinity with dead shit, they give increased chance of getting bones/skulls/corpses? I actually think bone shovels might be a bit more fragile than regular ones 0.0 But whatever works. The use of skulls would be awesome :3
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Isn't there a blackrock shovel? It won't break. Or carry like 300 shoves and get digging.

Unless you mean a magical necromantic shovel that brings more bones to it... I don't know... time and patience. I'm betting bones are easy to scrounge up.

Saw mention of corpse explosion in another thread....

I recall in an old D&D game there were zombies with powder kegs strapped on them.... we had exploding leprechauns at one time. Maye Zombies that explode.
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Well if your bonecrafted weapon isn't going to break while you're bashing it into an enemy I thought it was plausable to craft a digging utensil. ;)

Skulls and bones are much more frequent than remains, maybe the bone shovel could increase chance for finding corpses.
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Oh, and necros should be able to make "Soylent Green" from corpses for healing/food. :mrgreen:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Haha, wow that gif X-D

For bonecrafting, how about bone marrow infused yellow potions and blue potions that add a small hp/mana regen onto the potion in addition to the standard effects? Only necros would get the bonus from it.
IGN: 1
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

Anyone else noticing the ribcage on that skeleton gif backwards?!
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I'm going to find some time soon to get back into Necros, starting by replying to everything in this thread
really nice to see newbies posting here - it's really encouraging
Tetrahedron
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Tetrahedron »

eggmceye wrote:I'm going to find some time soon to get back into Necros, starting by replying to everything in this thread
really nice to see newbies posting here - it's really encouraging
Yay I'm a newbie <3
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I've been playing necro on pd http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=EggoNecro&serv=PD

I think the basic lvl1 summon spell is odd: it's OP immediately but gets really weak quickly, and I can't spam them out fast enough, even just when fighting stuff like ettins etc. Be good if they scaled a little.

For a while I really enjoyed corpse explosion. Giblets are ok, they seem a bit OP though. Ritual sacrifice is good. I think necros are off to solid start.
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

I haven't tried gibblets since you made them scaling, but they were definitely OP when you can first start using them.
Mr.Crowley
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Mr.Crowley »

hmm... Seems that i've forgotten where I received the 7th lvl spells from and cannot find a way to get back to the aforementioned person to find where to receive the 8th lvl spell at. Could anyone be as nice as to point me in the correct direction for 8th lvl necro spells?
You will find the strength
To beat the Deamons and the Balrons
Conquer evil and slay the werewolves
Balance the peace in
Eggs ultima online....

-Ruki- His tribute song
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

basement of minohalls.
Mr.Crowley
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Mr.Crowley »

Eclips wrote:basement of minohalls.

:? Could you inform me where the monastery is?
You will find the strength
To beat the Deamons and the Balrons
Conquer evil and slay the werewolves
Balance the peace in
Eggs ultima online....

-Ruki- His tribute song