Few newbie questions (Sorry if wrong area to ask)

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Teleclast
How do I attack?

Few newbie questions (Sorry if wrong area to ask)

Post by Teleclast »

So I've had a few questions, it seems not everything is updated on the wiki, but I've tried getting most of my info between the wiki and the threads here.

1)I'm enjoying ranger specifically, I do typically in these games. I've been forgoing stealth, as it seems useless in that case. Will that become a problem later? I' partying usually with someone who's tanking most things for more.
Answered: See Eclips's response

2)I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong with ranged, but when using Tab targeting, after each single hit, it goes back to flashing quickly between all the targets in my range instead of sticking to that same target until I whittle them down. Is there a way around this?
Answered: See MoonGoat's response

3)My 'ranged' is lvl 70+ but my actual level is only 28, should this be a problem, and am I doing something wrong in leveling up? I've essentially been doing quests (Just finished Mon-Ferrato), is this still okay, or should I be trying to level somewhere specific? Can I try Cassandra's 'Epic' area at this level, or will I just get smashed?

4)I had found some sigils for dex and had put them on, if I find a better sigil for something like AS can I just swap it out, or did I screw my character up? Since they don't equip normally I wasn't sure

5)For Rogue, if I'm not using stealth but just using ranged, what else should I try putting points into? I've been a bit confused about this, maybe I need rapiers or something for close range, or perhaps healing or tactics? I haven't been able to find too much great info on this, doesn't seem there's too much info on rangers in general. If possible since we're in a party I wouldn't mind being ranged in the back while healing my frontline occasionally as well.

6)I've been doing a lot of crafting, as I'm quite a bit ahead of my friends. In trying to raise tinkering I was making fishing poles, but I've made over 50 and have had not even 0.1 show up on my skill list and have gained no levels, it's not limited, and I tried setting limit to 99 or 100 to be sure, I've tried in town and outside as well for crafting. Answered in game: I was Hungry, when Hungry you don't gain crafting experience.
Thanks, I'll try to keep any other questions I might have in here as well. Been having tons of fun with this game and want to continue doing so.
Last edited by Teleclast on Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: Few newbie questions (Sorry if wrong area to ask)

Post by Eclips »

1. Stealth can still be useful. Sometimes its better to sneak past enemies and lure them into choke points n such.

2. Never heard of this before.

3. Nothing wrong with that. I usually train my weapon skills first. Game gets a lot easier once you have specials available.

4. There are scrolls you can buy with gold that will destroy the ones you have equipt. You can use addy coins to buy something to return sigils to you.

5. Tactics is a fighter skill, so unless you're human, don't. Healing is a must, at 100 skill you can res people with bandages, which are cheaper and more accessible than scrolls. You can also cure bleeding. Id def pick up other weapon skills. Rapiers are really only good for PVP. Shortswords specifically machetes, are great for backstabbing. You can eliminate high damage targets quickly and then focus on less dangerous foes.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

About 2: Ctrl + left/right changes targets too. Maybe that's what happened?
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Teleclast
How do I attack?

Post by Teleclast »

Okay a few other questions that came up, that I might as well ask and leave here documented in case they have an answer that's useful.

1)If a pet is left to be hungry, do they eventually run away (permanently gone) or just despawn and can be res'd with a pet res scroll?

2)Does omelette's +2% exp affect crafting, or only 'XP'?

3)Is necromancy actually implemented or still on it's way? (Answer may end up outdated if read in future)

4)Is there a way to find out the level of things you're fighting? I'm enjoying Treacherous Cave but would like to know what level the area actually is, or the mobs there are?

I try to ask most questions ingame, but I have a lot of questions not handled by the wiki and I don't want to drown out the chat or burn someone out asking tons of questions.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

1. Pets who become dissatisfied enough will leave permanently. You can buy a pet happiness wand for cash if you want to prevent that forever, or just keep it happy.

2. Only xp

3. Still on its way.

4. Mobs don't really have a level per se. Someone has posted in the forums a guide to what/where you should be hunting at each level, but I don't know where to find it offhand.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, mobs can have a level but its pretty rare. They have to be specifically made by the map maker. A simple example is the mobs in "The Lost Jungle." A level 21 goblin is a lot nastier than a plain old goblin.