Guide for a poor man's musket

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Guide for a poor man's musket

Post by 1[WoWz] »

This is a departure from my usual guides. This is catered to those people that want to give the illusion that they are using a gun/musket in EUO.

Warning, I have not tested this out yet so some steps may not be possible. Also your files will probably get written over during updates, so have backups.

Step 1: Make or use a rogue character, half troll is also a plus imo. Get creative with the name if you want the full illusion of a gunman/gunwoman.

Step 2: Get an avatar with empty hands that doesn't show what weapons you're holding (artful dodger/child, merchant, gremlin, wight, imp, other non-humanoid monsters, etc) or you can get one with a guitar (bard, cowboy, minotaur bard, grateful dead).

Step 3: Use a sling(s) and name it after a disguised gun (e.g. wrist mounted gun, guitar-shaped musket, etc), copper slings work well for fast firing.

Step 4 (optional): Overwrite the sling sound in your EUO sound folder with the musket sound. You will be the only one hearing it as a musket though.

Step 5 (optional): Lift one of the two musket avatars from Escape from the Vault and put it over the avatar you're using, this will only work if your avatar doesn't have a visible weapon equip like the ones I listed above. You will be the only one seeing yourself with this avatar though.

Step 6 (optional): Get a custom title like Grandmaster Gunslinger, Grandmaster Musketeer or something like. Helps a bit with the immersion.
IGN: 1
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Re: Guide for a poor man's musket

Post by LordMortiferus »

This should be possible with every avatar if the slash commands /arms or /weapons - these let you toggle the visibility of readied weapons. Furthermore, you could change \euo\pics\overlay.png by replacing the sling sprites with musket sprites, that way you could even see the real thing in your hands - granted everyone else will still see your sling.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: Guide for a poor man's musket

Post by 1[WoWz] »

LordMortiferus wrote:This should be possible with every avatar if the slash commands /arms or /weapons - these let you toggle the visibility of readied weapons. Furthermore, you could change \euo\pics\overlay.png by replacing the sling sprites with musket sprites, that way you could even see the real thing in your hands - granted everyone else will still see your sling.
Very true. I was under the impression that the /arms and /weapons command didn't work. Well more options are always good!
IGN: 1