Human 100% Rogue / 100% Priest build by 1

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Human 100% Rogue / 100% Priest build by 1

Post by 1[WoWz] »

See below for guide.
Last edited by 1[WoWz] on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
IGN: 1
on lolpatrol

Re: Human 100% Rogue / 100% Priest build by 1

Post by 1 »

Hello all. I will attempt to document my Human 100% Rogue / 100% Priest build that I've been using for a few years now. This will be a work in progress.

Benefits of playing a Rogue Priest: You can do almost anything in the game but you won't do anything incredibly well. A typical jack of all trades build. Being able to heal, cast utility spells, disarm traps, unlock locks, backstab, stealth, and dual wield is very handy. I believe it's the perfect build for someone that only wants one character in EUO.

Drawbacks of playing a Rogue Priest: Your stats, HP, and damage will be low due to multiclassing. You won't be able to run at full stealth since you aren't a gnome which makes keeping up during partying difficult unless you run towards an enemy, stop while out of line of sight, stealth, and then walk to the monster to backstab.

Race: Human is the only class that can multiclass to 200% so you don't have any option here. Feel free to expirment with 100/75 builds on PD with other races.

Classes: I recommend stating out as Priest since most monsters are melee in the start of the game. Try to get the white stone early so you get to Maeondir and use the Versatility shrine. An alternative is to have someone send a town portal to you from Maeondir, then you can bind to a town, use a rune, or use a mark/recall scroll to get back. Start multiclassing around level 30-50 and try to be done at level 100 (it will take 38 levels total)

Stats: Keep the standard 25% Str / 75% Dex for max melee damage. I do not recommend putting any points into Int since you can get by with a very low amount. I do fine with 25+15 Int (40 Int total).

Gear: There are two different ways to gear a Rogue Priest with several different variants. The one I prefer is dual shortswords and light armor but there is another one I tried out with decent results using a foil, tower shield, and heavy armor. Lower levels (below 50-80) should focus on defense and higher levels (above 50-80) should focus on magic resistance. Here is an example of my current gear -

Main hand: mythic blackrock machete + 9 [Adamantium is good and copper is good for offhand, vampyric is overkill since you can heal, IJO/AEP/XJ are all good too]
Off hand: mythic blackrock rondel + 9 [I use vigour, some other rogue priests use leeching, it depends if you like recovering mana while resting or not]
Head: Ironfist cap (mythic cap) [Silk would be an upgrade here, a crystalhide Nightstalker cap isn't a bad idea either]
Torso: Estorrath's Vestments (mythic robe) [This gives +15 int and tons of MR, if this is not affordable, try to get a Nightstalker Shirt)
Legs: Nightstalker leggins (mythic crystalhide leather leggins) [Crystalhide Nightstalker gear is good for MR, defense and stat boosts, MR gear is ok at high levels too]
Feet: mythic dragonscale boots of vigour + 14 [I prefer vigour on my boots and NV from the Pat's collar, this could be MR +3/+4 or a stat boost to STR/DEX/INT]
Hands: Nightstalker gloves (mythic crystalhide leather gloves) [Another piece of Crystal NS gear]
Neck: Patrick's Spiked Collar (mythic spiked collar) [Estoratth's neck also works, it just depends on what is easier to obtain]
Ring: Warriorband (mythic ring) [I like having bonuses to Str since I can put more levels into Dex and get a better bonus from Apple Pies (+10% dex)]
Ring: Warriorband (mythic ring) [Another ring, Roguebands and Magebands are fine too]
Mind: mind sigil of attack + 8 [The attack bonus is too good to pass up]
Body: body sigil of attack + 8
Spirit: spirit sigil of attack + 8

An example of a more tankish rogue priest that gives up stealth for better MR and Defense (note that I don't have these items any longer so the names are not correct):
Main hand: mythic adamantium rapier + 9 (mythic)
Off hand: Sentri Shield (mythic)
Head: Shardcrystal Helm (mythic crystal)
Torso: Shardcrystal Armor (mythic crystal)
Legs: Shardcrystal Greeves (mythic crystal)
Feet: mythic dragonscale boots of vigour + 14
Hands: Shardcrystal Gauntlets (mythic crystal)
Neck: Patrick's Spiked Collar (mythic spiked collar)
Ring: Warriorband (mythic ring)
Ring: Warriorband (mythic ring)
Mind: mind sigil of attack + 8
Body: body sigil of attack + 8
Spirit: spirit sigil of attack + 8

Spells: You will be using Mani, Vas Mani, and Xen Mani a lot, these are your heal spells. Always target good creatures only to avoid healing monsters. Banish is helpful for getting rid of summons and clones of you and your pet dragon if you have one. Greater power word pain is a great area of effect, damage over time spell used to damage several creatures with high HP but keep in mind it generates a lot of threat. Always keep your buff spells up: improved fortitude, protection, and Vas Sanct. You can protect your pet and party members and give your party members improved fortitude as well.

Specials: Get 100 in shortswords and foils so you have access to gouge, disarm, and slice and dice. Slice and dice should be used unless the target is already bleeding. Gouge can be used if the target is bleeding. Disarm should be used against very difficult monsters. All of these work great in PVP as well.

Items: Always keep greater yellow potions or mega yellow potions as a back up in case your HP gets low and VM is still cooling down or if you're low on mana. Keep SL scrolls to go invisible if you need it. Use Scrolls of Galvinsing unless you are patient enough to get feel goods from fountains. Make a bunch of apple pies and use them as your only source of food, +10% dex from all store bought items is too good to pass up.

Solo Hunting: I highly recommend using this build with a dragon since you can heal your dragon very easily. A good idea is to go stealth to sneak up on enemies while the dragon tanks, then backstab.

Party Hunting: You are not a tank, your HP will be low so let the fighter or full priest go ahead of you. The monk can lure as well. You will probably have to lead if you're partying with a mage. Try to heal and keep everyone's HP and buffs up. When fighting the bloodqueen, you will be extremely busy managing your HP, mana, heals, and banishing drakes when they hatch.

I will add to this and clean it up when I get around to it. Please send me a message on the forum, reply to this thread, or contact me in game (my name is 1) if you have any questions or comments.
roadkiller64
BBQ ABC <3

Post by roadkiller64 »

Hey after looking at your level and gear and reading about if i only want to have 1 main character im thinking of using this build.

Have you got anymore information to add regarding this build or how to play it that may help me since you posted this?

Thanks!
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

roadkiller64 wrote:Hey after looking at your level and gear and reading about if i only want to have 1 main character im thinking of using this build.

Have you got anymore information to add regarding this build or how to play it that may help me since you posted this?

Thanks!
You have a choice to make, do you want to try leveling up rogue and priest together starting from leveling 1 or leveling up as 1 class and then switching to rogue priest when you can afford all the versatility levels.

Either way, you're going to want to follow my leveling guide and party as much as you can.

Besides that, there isn't a whole lot to it. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Thanks!
IGN: 1