monks update: NOW LIVE ON ALL SERVS, COME GRASSHOPPER

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: monks update: PUBLIC BETA, COME GRASSHOPPER

Post by Eclips »

Rather than have a mirror image cooloff, why not make it so they fill all of the summon slots. That way theres not more status clutter on the top of the screen.
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

There seems to be a problem.. I went to get rid of res one time. Then I logged off, came back on. And skills weren't going up (Like as if I still had res sickness).
I even looked trimmed skills everything. I didn't have res sickness. Then I died, cured res, and everything was back to normal.

Also, it seems that ironfist Grand Masters seems to stick around for a while. And don't leave.
If you kill two bosses right after each other without accepting training they keep coming and coming.
~Mario
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

That problem wouldn't be bad if it wasn't for the extra boss spawns.

Phase shift doesn't seem to allow you to dodge magic or physical attacks.
hellslave
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by hellslave »

I was visited by the Ironfist Master guy while on newbie island, his disciple kicked my ass but when I ressed I was in nord, not back in newbie island (didn't get to get my skills as a result). Granted you can still get sanctity from the recruiter in nord but when it gets ported to reg it's possible people will miss out on the helpful skill points.

I imagine this happened because of the high xp rate, I reached the required level for the master to appear (which realistically wouldn't happen on reg while still on newbie island)
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand :jam:
hellslave

Post by hellslave »

Have had 4 Ironfist Grandmasters spawn for me in the same map, if a second one is going to spawn I think the first should despawn?
HyStErIcAl
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
Location: Gin Gin, Queensland, Australia, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe 342?

Post by HyStErIcAl »

You can use Home Teleport scrolls in the dojo, could be an easy way to kill the masters if you just party up on him :/
-.-
Magnavox
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Magnavox »

HyStErIcAl wrote:You can use Home Teleport scrolls in the dojo, could be an easy way to kill the masters if you just party up on him :/

Not gonna lie, that's how I did most of them. >.<
There are 5 levels of fatness.
1. Big
2. Healthy
3. Husky
4. Fluffy
and
5. DAMN!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I could kill the master with 1 pot usually but when he throat stikes when you have low hp it can be very painful. QP is bad too.

tip: sleepfist, run back and heal
HyStErIcAl

Post by HyStErIcAl »

I got all of them done (besides the 3rd UA move) and i ended up as a level 27. That Yeti move owns :D

I rarely ever used the spec attack tho :/ Imo it's not worth 2 sleepfists and throat punches
-.-
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Can you allow /respec? I want to see what a monk is like at eclips's lvl.
HyStErIcAl

Post by HyStErIcAl »

A Monk's Guide to killing things the Easy way.

Attack until low hp, Stoneform repeatedly until max hp again, Attack and repeat.

Attacking sea animals (or flying monsters over water/mountains) Sieze onto land (works for sea creatures aswell) And attack, stoneform, attack and repeat.

Summary ==> Stoneform needs a cooloff. Or else you could kill anything at lvl 20.
==> And you can sieze water things onto land.. Btw. Can you sieze 4x4 things?. I would love to see the huge crab stuck between 2 bits of land :D!.
-.-
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I appreciate these honest posts about something being too good or whatever.
hellslave

Post by hellslave »

speaking of things being too good, I feel sleepfist lasts a bit too long. As soon as you got both sleepfist and heal most things become too easy, the sleep duration is about a second longer than it takes to heal (unless this is determined by the MR of the particular mob, I haven't tested that yet). It's how I managed to kill the last few masters without using any pots.
Magnavox
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Magnavox »

hellslave wrote:speaking of things being too good, I feel sleepfist lasts a bit too long. As soon as you got both sleepfist and heal most things become too easy, the sleep duration is about a second longer than it takes to heal (unless this is determined by the MR of the particular mob, I haven't tested that yet). It's how I managed to kill the last few masters without using any pots.
Even though the name of that is "sleepfist", and I read this forum about what it does, I wouldn't have ever thought to do that. I had some help on the first few, i.e. making a town portal and having some reinforcement coming in, and then when that person left, I beefed up on purple potions and had someone VUM me and I borrowed some vamp gloves of attack +4. with that combination I was able to pull it off, but barely.

Also, at level 100, with throat strike, and the Aspect of the Yeti, I can solo balrons. Even the bos ones. (unless i get XC'd)
There are 5 levels of fatness.
1. Big
2. Healthy
3. Husky
4. Fluffy
and
5. DAMN!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yep, i watched him do it. Not sure if that is faster than a thief doing a couple backstabs or not (since i was tackling balrons at around lvl 70).

In the dojo your pets and summons can kill the Ironfist master and you still earn the skill. That seems wrong.

Orbs not displaying status when readied (leaves blank spot on main display area(usually between regenerating and aspect).
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

Minor detail: seems that sanctity doesn't have it own title. Sanctity is my only skill I have at 100%, and my title is "master stoic".

Throat strike should use more rage(50%?), with 30% you can use it too often.
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Phase Shift has too short of a benefit timer (10sec is way too short) and far too long of a cooloff.
HyStErIcAl

Post by HyStErIcAl »

I went to the labyrinth with all the 2x2 monsters, And i siezed one into a wall :D.

So yeah if you had a crab chasing you all you need to do is jam him into a mountain and... Well most people know what to do at this point.
-.-
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Pets and summons follow you in your astral form rather than "guarding" your physical body.

Suggestion (might be too powerful) Astral travel also renders so you can go through solid objects and water. You solidify in rock you're dead. Void = Dead. Water = drowing. Lava = normal lava damage. Highmountains = dead (basically any solid object that can't be Klimbed).
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Dumb noob problem I'm having:

I can't seem to log on to the server(?), as I can't pick the Monk class as a new character.

EDIT: NVM, I read somewhere in first post that you have to create a fighter first, then select sanctity as a primary skill.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,