Clan Subforums & Privacy

EUO clan threads go here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Clan Subforums & Privacy

Post by Keighn »

As to nonclanmember posts, I find those annoying. I really wish within the clan forums subforums were created for the individual clans. The Clanfounder(or leader in these cases) would be the moderatator of that subforum. Thus he can invite others to his forum (obviously clanmembers) and kick them if need be. This would let clans have their secret clan meetings without others fagging up their thread.

Recruitement could be done in the main clanforum under a thread called Member Recruitment (via that particular clan) where any clan wannabe could post to ask or where a clanleader could ask for recruits. You only need 1 thread and each clan leader should check that thread daily to see who asked. That or they could pm members of the clan. i just think some clans are tired of seeing garbage in their threads. It is really non of my business or others to know what a clan is planning for another clan, contenst, comments, etc. I really think secrecy adds an element of mystery and yearning to know exactly what clans are doing. Some might disagree but it might take the drama out.

Individual clan recruitment threads should just state the requirements to join and nothing else. Your clan privacy (as much as possible anyways) is up to you. No one needs to know who the master crafter, killer, pvp lord, or w/e is in your clan. No one needs to know your current clan politics unless you decide to state some alliance/war against someone. That's just my opinion.
ZUPS!!!!
ThePred
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Re: Clan Subforums & Privacy

Post by ThePred »

The forums are to be a place for public discussion. All you need is more active moderators to help keep dummy posts out of the forums. I would gladly do it as i am a moderator on another major forum. (hope egg sees this) But anyway, if you want a subforum talk to ConFix on EUO. He will make you a website with your own private forums. So these can remain public.
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Rufio »

Keighn wrote:As to nonclanmember posts, I find those annoying. I really wish within the clan forums subforums were created for the individual clans. The Clanfounder(or leader in these cases) would be the moderatator of that subforum. Thus he can invite others to his forum (obviously clanmembers) and kick them if need be. This would let clans have their secret clan meetings without others fagging up their thread.
I like this idea, it keeps other clans out of your fourms too. x.x
Keighn wrote:Recruitement could be done in the main clanforum under a thread called Member Recruitment (via that particular clan) where any clan wannabe could post to ask or where a clanleader could ask for recruits. You only need 1 thread and each clan leader should check that thread daily to see who asked. That or they could pm members of the clan. i just think some clans are tired of seeing garbage in their threads. It is really non of my business or others to know what a clan is planning for another clan, contenst, comments, etc. I really think secrecy adds an element of mystery and yearning to know exactly what clans are doing. Some might disagree but it might take the drama out.
This "Member Recruitment" sounds cool, It would be cool to have all of the clans on one fourm and have a "apply" tab so you could see whos interested in joining your clan instead of playing the game where they are never on when you are and your never on then they are. The less drama the better.
Keighn wrote:Individual clan recruitment threads should just state the requirements to join and nothing else. Your clan privacy (as much as possible anyways) is up to you. No one needs to know who the master crafter, killer, pvp lord, or w/e is in your clan. No one needs to know your current clan politics unless you decide to state some alliance/war against someone. That's just my opinion.
With some acceptations. I could care less who the bloodiest pirate of the week is but if they are cheating to get their "status" i am going to say something in their fourms to be honest. Not to be an ass. Like i said in the quote before, the less drama the better.

Overall, i like this idea.
ThePred wrote:The forums are to be a place for public discussion. All you need is more active moderators to help keep dummy posts out of the forums. I would gladly do it as i am a moderator on another major forum. (hope egg sees this) But anyway, if you want a subforum talk to ConFix on EUO. He will make you a website with your own private forums. So these can remain public.
We want to make them private on this site, not move them to a different site. I personally like the moderators, they can stay exactly like they are and keep the same people. I still vote private fourms for each clan and they must be invited to post.
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
ThePred

Post by ThePred »

What do you need to post in your forums that not other clans need to be seeing?
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

ThePred wrote:What do you need to post in your forums that not other clans need to be seeing?
I dont care if they see it, they just shouldnt be able to reply on our fourms at all.
ThePred

Post by ThePred »

I don't see that as a problem. What if they are showing interest? If you make it only for clan members then new people that might not see you on EUO might not have the chance to show they want to be in your clan. and it is never wrong to have some un-biased opinions from people not in your clan.
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

ThePred wrote:I don't see that as a problem. What if they are showing interest? If you make it only for clan members then new people that might not see you on EUO might not have the chance to show they want to be in your clan. and it is never wrong to have some un-biased opinions from people not in your clan.
Read my post. x.x
Rufio wrote:This "Member Recruitment" sounds cool, It would be cool to have all of the clans on one fourm and have a "apply" tab so you could see whos interested in joining your clan instead of playing the game where they are never on when you are and your never on then they are. The less drama the better.
ThePred

Post by ThePred »

Rufio wrote:
ThePred wrote:I don't see that as a problem. What if they are showing interest? If you make it only for clan members then new people that might not see you on EUO might not have the chance to show they want to be in your clan. and it is never wrong to have some un-biased opinions from people not in your clan.
Read my post. x.x
Rufio wrote:This "Member Recruitment" sounds cool, It would be cool to have all of the clans on one fourm and have a "apply" tab so you could see whos interested in joining your clan instead of playing the game where they are never on when you are and your never on then they are. The less drama the better.
I didn't bother cause i smelt a bad idea. How is an "apply" tab good enough. Then you would be pranked all the time by people just coming and pushing the tab, thus leaving you with no real idea of who wants to be in the clan. Isn't it easier to just say, "I show interest in your clan, please tell me more in-game." Rather than being pranked.
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Anyone else? Comments? :abject:
ThePred

Post by ThePred »

Seriously. How productive is this. I like how Canaan actually gets on here and voices opinion. I respect it BUT, we need more criticism. or joys.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I already stated what people might not need to see. Maybe some assassin clan wants to kill someone repeatedly and doesn't want the entire forumbase knowing. Maybe there's a clan that wants to sit invisibly all the time snagging up your gold when you die. Maybe a clan is going on a treasure hunt/special meeting that is PRIVATE and doesn't want to send PMs to every member when a single post could work. Maybe they want a secret war first strike vs. another clan. Maybe their business is their own and not other snoopy droops.
ZUPS!!!!
ThePred

Post by ThePred »

Keighn wrote:I already stated what people might not need to see. Maybe some assassin clan wants to kill someone repeatedly and doesn't want the entire forumbase knowing. Maybe there's a clan that wants to sit invisibly all the time snagging up your gold when you die. Maybe a clan is going on a treasure hunt/special meeting that is PRIVATE and doesn't want to send PMs to every member when a single post could work. Maybe they want a secret war first strike vs. another clan. Maybe their business is their own and not other snoopy droops.
Then why can't they inform there clan members when they are actually playing. If they are active enough players then it sholdn't be a problem yeah?
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Keighn wrote:I already stated what people might not need to see. Maybe some assassin clan wants to kill someone repeatedly and doesn't want the entire forumbase knowing. Maybe there's a clan that wants to sit invisibly all the time snagging up your gold when you die. Maybe a clan is going on a treasure hunt/special meeting that is PRIVATE and doesn't want to send PMs to every member when a single post could work. Maybe they want a secret war first strike vs. another clan. Maybe their business is their own and not other snoopy droops.
Exactly. Not every little thing needs to be known by the public, I like the idea of a private fourm.
ThePred

Post by ThePred »

Rufio wrote:
Exactly. Not every little thing needs to be known by the public, I like the idea of a private fourm.
Your too easily persuaded. And beside Keighn, name some clan's that actually do that stuff. There are VERY few clans out there that i would even put under the term of "Clan". (which are BoB, IAG at a time, KoS) those are what i believe fall under the term clan.
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

ThePred wrote:
Rufio wrote:
Your too easily persuaded. And beside Keighn, name some clan's that actually do that stuff. There are VERY few clans out there that i would even put under the term of "Clan". (which are BoB, IAG at a time, KoS) those are what i believe fall under the term clan.
If we had our own private fourms we could do things with out criticism so there would actually be more of your versions of "actual clans" x.x MMNS and MIB are clans by the way, we are just as much as a clan as BoB IAG and KoS. :abject:
ThePred

Post by ThePred »

If we had our own private fourms we could do things with out criticism so there would actually be more of your versions of "actual clans" x.x MMNS and MIB are clans by the way, we are just as much as a clan as BoB IAG and KoS. :abject:[/quote]
I'm sorry but MIB is dead ATM. im sure it could be rekindled. And as for MMNS, you my opinion. It started to fail when it wasn't just mages.
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

ThePred wrote:
If we had our own private fourms we could do things with out criticism so there would actually be more of your versions of "actual clans" x.x MMNS and MIB are clans by the way, we are just as much as a clan as BoB IAG and KoS. :abject:
I'm sorry but MIB is dead ATM. im sure it could be rekindled. And as for MMNS, you my opinion. It started to fail when it wasn't just mages.[/quote]

Who cares is MIB is not active right now, they are still just as much as a clan as BoB is and MMNS has never been straight up mages. They have mage alts. x.x
Last edited by Rufio on Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

My clan has fallen apart due to my negligence, poor requirements, trusting too much, and perhaps just greed. I'm seriously considering just letting it fall apart despite the extreme amount of effort I put into constructing the map via maped. Comments in my thread have at times irked to to no ends. Most of the time it was my own fault for not using the 3 Big Cs (cool, calm, collective).

This thread isn't about me anyways. I just figured a little mystery and intrigue would peak the interests of people. But if all people out there follow preds example and just want info NOW and available for all to see, then fine. This was just an idea, for people to ponder and consider. A simple YES or NO from other people is all I'm asking to see now.

This ain't written in stone, and more than likely would never come to pass. Besides, its more than 10 words long so egg won't read it. :P
ZUPS!!!!
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

I vote yes. :-S
ThePred

Post by ThePred »