Izumi Adventurers Guild - Reborn

EUO clan threads go here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Daemon
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Izumi Adventurers Guild - Reborn

Post by Daemon »

The dusty embers of a great clan are being stirred once again. I, Draevyn, have taken leadership of the Izumi Adventurers Guild once more.

The Izumi Adventurers' Guild

Based purely on loyalty, trust and friendship, the Izumi Adventurers' Guild is composed of souls who are every bit as experienced with crafting as they are formidable in a dungeon. There are no standing entry requirements beyond excellence in these areas. We have no joining fee, and we have no need to collect taxes from each other; a sincere dedication to cooperation gives us the strength we enjoy.

As the new head of the Council of Izumi, final decisions lie with me, Draevyn. However, all important matters of the clan -- including new membership -- will be decided in consultation with a council, consisting of every available Adventurer of Izumi.

List of Members
Codes of Conduct
Recruitment
Clan Chests
Diplomacy
Current Activities
IAG MiniFAQ
Last edited by Daemon on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LAUGHING OUTSIDE LIKE A MORMON
Daemon
I once posted in TFIOOC!

IAG - List of Members

Post by Daemon »

Adventurers of Izumi

An up-to-the-minute list of IAG membership is here.

Inactive members will not be removed just to keep the clan high up the scoreboard, and so, unless there is very good reason to believe a player will never return they will not be removed. Even then, membership will be all but guaranteed to anyone returning. IAG membership is for life, not just for the scoreboard.

I regret that it has become necessary to request that all who claim membership with IAG have no alts in any other clan, and that any non-aligned alts played somewhat regularly are also brought into the fold. Exceptions can only be made on an individual basis -- discuss this with me in-game. Violating this rule intentionally can be cause for immediate expulsion from the clan.

Established Members

Agrippa; Asura; Avery, the Mirthful Outlaw; Balboa; Crystal; Draevyn, the Aegis of Legacy; Dudle, the Needed; EleganceBlade, the Viper; Eragon; FaerFoxe, the Whisper of Sorceries; Haxor; Heniek, the Old Wizard; Jacek, the Master of War; Khrom; Knuk, Fury and Friend; LUGERFCR; Luger, the Swift Blade of Thievery; Macros, the Executioner; Maverick, the Apprentice of Sorcery; Mugjima; MusicMonk; Myyrish, the Magish One; Norr, the Stealthy One; Odin; Polyphemus, the Eye over Spiritwood; PtasieMleckzo; Richard; Seggallion, the Lord of Farthing; Siena, the Erudite Philosopher; Ugrog, the Child of Bordermarch; West; Yehonala; Zelephereth, the Staff of Power.

Members in Trial Period

Currently none.

Temporarily in Absentia

Chedich; Vahnatai; XC.
Last edited by Daemon on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Daemon
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Codes of Conduct

Post by Daemon »

Codes of Conduct

Generally speaking, membership in IAG implies you're already sensible enough to not need a code of conduct. For clarity's sake, here's some pointers for those areas where confusion can creep in.

Treatment of Other Players

Respect other players at all times, wherever possible. Player killing is acceptable (someone needs a reason to type /pvp 1 after all) but much like the EUO rules themselves, repeated PKing or hassling another player is entirely unacceptable.

Say What You Like, But Say It Well

You're allowed to disagree with every other human being on this planet, if that's how you feel. You're allowed to be angry or frustrated with someone. But lay off inappropriate language. I treasure the members of IAG having strong views and not accepting the status quo blindly, but be civil. And feel free to joke and have fun. This counts for on global and the forums, too.

Clan Resources

As stated in the chests section, the clan benefits only when its resources increase. So, if you're going to borrow a bunch of things from one of the chests (like 2000 ore, for instance) a quick post here is most welcome (so we don't think it's being stolen, or going missing due to some weird bug). Taking ore and giving ingots is acceptable. Taking ore and giving untinted, unenchanted broadswords is not. :P
Last edited by Daemon on Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daemon
I once posted in TFIOOC!

IAG - Recruitment

Post by Daemon »

Recruitment

We are in active recruitment of new players. This takes two forms:

a) Recruiting established players. Those recommended to me by another member of the clan will be approached, and offered membership. This is the only way -- at least for the near future -- that established players are likely to get into the clan. If you are an existing player, approaching us is unlikely to succeed. Unless we approach you, the answer is almost certainly no, you can't join.

b) Recruiting new players. That is, players new to EUO. Note, this is not open to new alts of existing players. We're offering restricted membership to new players who might be a good fit for the clan. I'll be approaching new players personally, and encourage other members of the clan to do the same. There's no set period for how long someone will be on restricted membership; when I'm sure you're a good part of the clan, you'll know it.

It is essential that new members understand the no alts in other clans rule.
Last edited by Daemon on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Daemon
I once posted in TFIOOC!

IAG - Clan Chests

Post by Daemon »

The Clan Chests

Most of the names of the clan chests are self explanatory, but some of the names were getting a bit long, especially for the newbie boxes. With that in mind, many boxes are named after a different variety of wood to help order things. If too many people find this annoying, I'll name them differently -- let me know. ;-)

Chests for Newcomers

All of these are open to every member of the clan, whether for giving or taking. All items are for personal use only, not for selling. Untinted items are probably not what should go in here -- put them in Ragabones instead, and I'll sell them to an NPC merchant en masse every once-in-a-while. Exceptional non-tinted items and all jewellery are welcome, though (with the new class combinations possible, even a Full Helm of Vigour + 10 could be useful to someone... but nobody wants a Full Helm of Vigour + 5).

Elm Box
Weapons of all varieties usable by those under level 50.

Ironbark Box
Armour (and other wearable items, bar jewellery) that have a defensive enchantment, useful to those under level 50.

Mahogany Box
Armour (and other wearable items, bar jewellery) that have a statistic boosting enchantment, useful to those under level 50.

Birch Box
Wearable items (including jewellery) that grant a boost to Night Vision, Magic Resistance or Vigour, and are usable by those under level 50.

Alder Box
Only jewellery items that grant a statistic or defense increase, useful primarily to those under level 50.

Chests for Established Adventurers

These chests are open to all full members of the clan. It's requested that no more than one item is taken per day, and that every item is replaced with one of very close value. All items are strictly for personal use only, and anyone caught selling or giving away items from these boxes may be expelled from the clan. Non-tinted items welcome.

Applewood Box
Weapons of all varieties usable by those of level 50 or over, as well as tinted weapons usable by those of level 40 or over.

Maple Box
Armour (and other wearable items, including jewellery), useful to those of level 50 and above.

Satinwood Box
Weapons of all varieties, and all wearable items (including jewellery), usable only by those of level 75 and above. The most uncommon finds should go in here instead of previous boxes.

The Crafting Chests

All of these are self-explanatory. A stockpile of raw supplies is incredibly useful, so I would ask that anyone using them to excess replace them with supplies and/or goods of equivalent value. However, I see no reason to regulate this, as I am sure common sense is enough.

Metal & Ore
Tinkering Box
Wood
Alchemy
Potions
Enchanting
Sewing Box

IAG Library
For scrolls and tomes.

Maps for All
For sharing unneeded maps between clan members. All maps are available for anyone to take as needed, and should be given to the box with that in mind.

Chests of Miscellany

IAG Diner
All foodstuffs go here.

Clan Banker
For items that truly don't belong anywhere else (rare items, rafts, etc.).

IAG Ragabones
The box by the cows
Current gold: 182,074gp
Place all spare sellable items in here, to be put on our very own clan merchant, which will be arranged sometime after the August Tournament. Profits will be put back in here. For the moment, please don't remove the gold until it's fully agreed upon how it'll benefit the clan. I'd like to see every member of IAG riding a horse though, so that's certainly a fine goal.

Ugrog made it very clear that the cows are to be considered a pest, and treated as such. He asked that anyone passing by this box viciously slay the cows, and place any cowhides they didn't need in the Ragabones box for others to use. I'm going to continue this policy of extermination, but I fear that the cows just seem to keep returning, so please be vigilant in your cow-slaying duties. :smile:

The Personal Chests

These encompass the chests in the small houses, as well as any other chests set up meant to used by one player only. Obviously, these are not open to all members, and should be accessed by the individual to whom they belong only. However, it's perfectly acceptable that if you want to give something to a player you can access his or her personal chest to put something in it.

SKRZYNKA
Owned by: Luger

Charnel House
Owned by: FaerFoxe

Balboa's junk
Owned by: Balboa

Yeh's Trunk
Owned by: Yehonala

There are two free houses available, so should any clan member wish to petition me to ask for it, feel free. Also, I'm happy to discuss setting up a chest in another part of the hall (not just the houses) should it be useful or needed by an individual. There are lots of hidden places throughout the clan hall, and these seem to be popular places to have a personal chest, although more obvious locations are, as always, available too. Remember, boxes are open all through the day and night (unlike the banks), so are potentially useful to everyone without a house (and even those with, should they find a box in the clan hall useful).

As an unfortunate aside, I may have to reassign personal chests should a member of IAG be absent for extended periods. I’ll never do this without fair warning, but if you know you'll be away for a long time (more than a couple of months), I'd appreciate if you emptied your personal chest and informed me that it is open to be given to someone else.
Last edited by Daemon on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Daemon
I once posted in TFIOOC!

IAG - Diplomacy

Post by Daemon »

Diplomacy

The Adventurers of Izumi are not naturally warlike, and as such we like to keep all diplomacy neutral. If you're a clan leader, and you wish to discuss the specifics of an alliance, I'd prefer if you speak to me in game if possible, or if not, send me a private message here on the forums.

I'm happy for non-IAG members to post in this thread -- in fact I encourage it! -- as long as posts are mostly relevant to the clan and not overly unfriendly or antagonistic. This is as good a place as any to make requests for membership, but please make sure you've read the section on who we're likely to accept first.
Last edited by Daemon on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daemon
I once posted in TFIOOC!

IAG - Current Activities

Post by Daemon »

Current Activities

All members of IAG are encouraged to participate in the 2009 August Tourney. It's not compulsory, but I'd love to see everyone giving it a shot, at least. It's doubtful any current members need help paying the entrance fee, but if I'm wrong about that, I'm happy to help out.

And, no, Heniek, I'm not paying the 300K it costs for you to enter. X-D

I won't be organising any clan events until after the tourney, for the obvious reason that everyone's probably busy getting a few extra levels or items.
Daemon
I once posted in TFIOOC!

IAG - MiniFAQ

Post by Daemon »

IAG MiniFAQ

Because last time, I got tired of answering these questions.

Q. What level do I need to be to join IAG?
A. Level is unimportant. But please read the section on who we're likely to accept.

Q. So does that mean IAG is a newbie clan?
A. Not at all. Some of our players are amongst the highest levels in EUO. However, we are willing to accept newbies, as long as they are mature and conduct themselves well.

Q. Did you really get an IAG tattoo on your hand, Draevyn?
A. Yes, and it really hurt. :cry: (No, not really.)

Q. Who is leader of IAG?
A. Presently, Draevyn (me). Ugrog was leader before that. Before that, Sandfire. Before that, me again, and then Sandfire again. I'm going to leave it at that, for simplicity's sake.
Assailant
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Re: Izumi Adventurers Guild - Reborn

Post by Assailant »

Congrats on getting Leadership back Drae, may you serve your clan well as we know you can :)
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

IAG is now active on PD server!
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Daemon
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Daemon »

Heniek has my fullest support on this, and should I ever get around to making a PD character, I look forward to joining the clan. X-D
~SF~
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by ~SF~ »

Good luck Heniek.
"A rose by any other name is just as sweet... but there is only ONE twinkie!"