Izumi Adventurers' Guild

EUO clan threads go here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Izumi Adventurers' Guild

Post by kusofthevalley »

After a brief period of interim leadership, Sandfire has decided to step down again and pass his duties over to me, Ugrog. I hugely look forward to leading this great established clan.

The Izumi Adventurers' Guild

Based purely on loyalty, trust and friendship, the Izumi Adventurers' Guild is composed of souls who are every bit as experienced with crafting as they are formidable in a dungeon. There are no standing entry requirements beyond excellence in these areas. We have no joining fee, and we have no need to collect taxes from each other; a sincere dedication to cooperation gives us the strength we enjoy.

As the new Head of Council of IAG, final decisions do lie with me. However, all important matters of the clan, including new membership, will be discussed among all available clan members.

The current roster of Adventurers:

Ugrog, the Child of Bordermarch
Sandfire, the Fire of the Keep
Draevyn, the Aegis of Legacy
Eidolon, the Sole Remnant of Mondain
Maverick, the Apprentice of Sorcery
Odin
Luger, the Swift Blade of Thievery
Jacek, the Master of War
Caedo, the Bulwark of Kaswel
Eragon
FaerFoxe, the Whisper of Sorceries
Heniek, the Old Wizard
Macros, the Executioner
West
Dudle, the Needed
Crystal
Khrom
EleganceBlade, the Viper
Zelephereth, the Staff of Power
Mugjima
Haxor
Asura
Siena, the Erudite Philosopher
Avery, the Mirthful Outlaw
Richard
MusicMonk
LugerFCR
Seggallion, the Lord of Farthing
Polyphemus, the Eye over Spiritwood
Atrox
Balboa
Myyrish, the Magish One
Norr, the Stealthy One
Yehonala

Temporarily, in absentia

Chedich
XC
Vahnatai

I personally disagree with ousting temporarily inactive members just to keep the clan high up the scoreboard, and so won’t remove anyone unless necessary. Even then, membership will be all but guaranteed to anyone returning. IAG membership is for life, not just for the scoreboard.

I regret that it has become necessary to request that all who claim membership with IAG have no alts in any other clan, and that any non-aligned alts are also brought into the fold. Exceptions will be made on a case to case basis. Violating this rule intentionally can be cause for immediate expulsion from the clan.

Diplomacy
The Adventurers of Izumi are not naturally warlike, and as such we like to keep all diplomacy neutral. If you're a clan leader, and you wish to discuss the specifics of an alliance, I'd prefer if you speak to me in game if possible, or if not, send me a private message here on the forums.

Recruitment
This takes two forms:

a) Recruiting established players. Those recommended to me by another member of the clan will be approached, and offered membership. This is the only way -- at least for the near future -- that established players are likely to get into the clan. If you are an existing player, approaching us is unlikely to succeed. Unless we approach you, the answer is almost certainly no, you can't join.

b) Recruiting new players. That is, players new to EUO. Note, this is not open to new alts of existing players. We're offering restricted membership to new players who might be a good fit for the clan. I'll be approaching new players personally, and encourage other members of the clan to do the same. There's no set period for how long someone will be on restricted membership; when I'm sure you're a good part of the clan, you'll know it.

The Clan Chests

Chests for Newcomers

All of these are open to every member of the clan, whether for giving or taking. All items are for personal use only, not for selling.

Elm Box
Weapons of all varieties usable by those under level 50.

Ironbark Box
Armour (and other wearable items, bar jewellery) that have a defensive enchantment, useful to those under level 50.

Mahogany Box
Armour (and other wearable items, bar jewellery) that have a statistic boosting enchantment, useful to those under level 50.

Birch Box
Wearable items (including jewellery) that grant a boost to Night Vision, Magic Resistance or Vigour, and are usable by those under level 50.

Alder Box
Only jewellery items that grant a statistic or defense increase, useful primarily to those under level 50.

Chests for Established Adventurers

These chests are open to all full members of the clan. It's requested that no more than one item is taken per day, and that every item is replaced with one of very close value. All items are strictly for personal use only, and anyone caught selling or giving away items from these boxes may be expelled from the clan.

Applewood Box
Weapons of all varieties usable by those of level 50 or over, as well as tinted weapons usable by those of level 40 or over.

Maple Box
Armour (and other wearable items, including jewellery), useful to those of level 50 and above.

Satinwood Box
Weapons of all varieties, and all wearable items (including jewellery), usable only by those of level 60 and above. The most uncommon finds should go in here instead of previous boxes.

The Crafting Chests

All of these are self-explanatory. A stockpile of raw supplies is incredibly useful, so I would ask that anyone using them to excess replace them with supplies and/or goods of equivalent value. However, I see no reason to regulate this, as I am sure common sense is enough.

Metal & Ore
Tinkering Box
Wood
Alchemy
Potions
Enchanting
Sewing Box

IAG Library
For scrolls and tomes.

Maps for All
For sharing unneeded maps between clan members. All maps are available for anyone to take as needed, and should be given to the box with that in mind.

Chests of Miscellany

IAG Diner
All foodstuffs go here.

Clan Banker
For items that truly don't belong anywhere else (rare items, rafts, etc.).

IAG Ragabones
The box by the cows
Place all spare sellable items in here, to be put on our very own clan merchant. Profits will be put back in here. For the moment, please don't remove the gold until it's fully agreed upon how it'll benefit the clan. I'd like to see every member of IAG riding a horse though, so that's certainly a fine goal.

Also, I would request that anyone passing by this box viciously slay the cows, and place any unneeded cowhides in this box for others to use.

The Personal Chests

These encompass the chests in the small houses, as well as any other chests set up meant to used by one player only. Obviously, these are not open to all members, and should be accessed by the individual to whom they belong only. However, it's perfectly acceptable that if you want to give something to a player you can access his or her personal chest to put something in it.

SKRZYNKA
Owned by: Luger

Sanctuary
Owned by: Veloan

SECRET CHEST!
Owned by: Chedich

Charnel House
Owned by: FaerFoxe

Yeh's Trunk
Owned by: Yehonala

There are two free houses available, so should any clan member wish to petition me to ask for it, feel free. Also, I'm happy to discuss setting up a chest in another part of the hall (not just the houses) should it be useful or needed by an individual. There are lots of hidden places throughout the clan hall, and these seem to be popular places to have a personal chest, although more obvious locations are, as always, available too. Remember, boxes are open all through the day and night (unlike the banks), so are potentially useful to everyone without a house (and even those with, should they find a box in the clan hall useful).

As an unfortunate aside, I may have to reassign personal chests should a member of IAG be absent for extended periods. I’ll never do this without fair warning, but if you know you'll be away for a long time (more than a couple of months), I'd appreciate if you emptied your personal chest and informed me that it is open to be given to someone else.
Last edited by kusofthevalley on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Re: Izumi Adventurers' Guild

Post by kusofthevalley »

Welcome to the clan, Yehonala!
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

Has IAG really ceased to exist as EUO once knew it? Has the power of time really worked its wonders on this once great and powerful clan?
Daemon
I once posted in TFIOOC!

IAG

Post by Daemon »

Okay, this thread really needs some better content. An introduction to a clanmember I've never met, and a dismissal from the former leader? Yeuch. :no:

The Ragabones chest has begun to live up to its name, covered in cobwebs and dust. And possibly pilfered. There's a mere 182,074gp in there now -- this is a fraction of the lofty heights this chest once held! And unless Ugrog has snuck on while I'm not looking and given permission for it to be spent, at least one person has been helping themselves. :shock:

I'm going to try to put an end to that. I think publicly listing the amount in there is a good start -- it keeps a record open to all, in the hopes of disuading anyone tempted to just take some.

Also, I'm thinking of starting up a clan merchant again, using the contents of the box as it was supposed to be. Unless Ugrog posts or emails me saying I should do otherwise, I'll begin that process soon, and welcome additions to the chest from other clanmembers with something to spare. I won't see IAG become a pauper's clan, and there's no reason we shouldn't be able to gather immense resources like we had in our heyday.
LAUGHING OUTSIDE LIKE A MORMON
Daemon
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Daemon »

The hidden sanctum was still, save for the rhythmic click of the great wooden clock. No torches or lanterns lit the small room, so when the secret door slid open, it was suddenly filled with unwelcome light, and the sounds of those making merry from beyond.

Draevyn, slumped over the table, lifted his gaze to the one who would break his sanctuary. Not entirely to his surprise, he was greeted by the gentle caress of the lady FaerFoxe.

"Why do you not sit in the meeting room with us all?" she asked, her words laden with concern.

"I cannot," came Draevyn's swift reply. "I stare upon the empty chair at the head, and my heart is filled with grief."

"Lost at sea does not mean he will never be found," said the lady, taking a seat.

"Aye, but 'til the time when I see him again -- live or dead -- our fellowship is weakened. 'Tis only a matter of time ere those who would see in ruin make their move."

At this, there was no disagreement.

"Then fill that seat," came FaerFoxe's determined response.

"And upon his return?" asked Draevyn, his brow furrowing under his helm.

"That is the future. This is now."
LAUGHING OUTSIDE LIKE A MORMON