IAG Screenshot Scavenger Hunt

EUO clan threads go here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Daemon
I once posted in TFIOOC!

IAG Screenshot Scavenger Hunt

Post by Daemon »

You all know how this works, thanks to egg's original idea here. I'm even gonna rip off his format. :P

Clues
1) Pay the trolls (easy one to get you started)
2) Two MIB (Monsters in Business)
3) Three diving boards
4) Raised by the hands of St. Egathine
5) To Help You Look (this is a trick one)
6) Six slaves
7) He'd rather be killing mobs, grinding levels
8) Bat Country!
9) Bob and Barry
10) Fearless Paul

Prize
From the Ragabones chest: 50K (from merchant profits)
From my own stash: 50K extra, a level 15 map, a cursed fish, and a transfer wand (the real prize)

Rules
* Open only to members of IAG, and not FaerFoxe or myself (as we both know the answers).
* First person to get all 10 right wins, I'll post letting everyone know how many are right after each entry.
* You must post all 10 screenshots in one post.
* Your first post with any screenshots will be counted as your only entry.
* As usual, post GIFs and PNGs please, cropped is fine.
* Use either client (640x480 or 800x600) as you prefer.
* Winner will be announced when all 10 are right, but if nobody has all 10 right in exactly 7 days (my time), the person with the most right wins. In the case of two (or more) people having the same number right, the winner will be the one who posted first.

Enjoy!
LAUGHING OUTSIDE LIKE A MORMON
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

This scavenger hunt is tougher than previous ones! After 5 hours I've only worked out two, and I'm even sure about one of them.

Also, just had to wiki The Chuckle Brothers because I thought they might have been called Bob and Barry - they're Paul and Barry by the way....

Oooh! I think I juts worked that one out!

*runs away to check*
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

I had to crop them quite a bit to get them under 100kB each.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kusofthevalley

Post by kusofthevalley »

I agree with Cheddy on (1) and (9), and the only other one I got was (2)
MIB.png
Kus = failure :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bk »

I thought you had to post them all at once, I'm so devisated that I didn't get to see someone's answer to All of them :( I'm no part in this, but some were quite confusing to me LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

Oh right, I totally forgot about those you're most probably right, even though mine also displayed 2(or at least 1.5) monster merchants ^^.
Daemon
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Daemon »

Chedich, 5/10.
Ugrog, 1/10 (or 3/10 if agreeing with someone else's posts counts).

Given how tricky some of the clues were, that's a great result.
Bk wrote:I'm so devisated that I didn't get to see someone's answer to All of them :(
Well, later on I'll be posting the answers (there's still about 12 hours left, at time of posting), so at least you'll get to see them all that way. ;)

Bk, if you want, just for fun, post your own answers. You won't win anything if you're not in IAG, but you won't be criticized. Likewise anyone else wants to give it a shot at answering a few, I don't mind. I might even give out consolation prizes if I'm feeling generous*. :P

* Draevyn makes no guarantee of feeling generous, conditions apply, see in-store for details.
j0int
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by j0int »

Daemon wrote:
* Draevyn makes no guarantee of feeling generous, conditions apply, see in-store for details.

X-D
Daemon
I once posted in TFIOOC!

The Answers

Post by Daemon »

Sorry these are a little late, I forgot I hadn't posted the answers yet.

I won't bother reposting the ones already guessed correctly.

Chedich got clues #1, #3, #6, #9 and #10 correct. The only one incorrect was #2, which Ugrog guessed.

The ones not yet guessed are:
Raised by the hands of St. Egathine.png
This was in the Domain.

To help you look.png
In Bartertown... yes, it's a devilishly tricky one. A merchant made specifically for the challenge, with an eye, a magnifying glass and a magic magnifying glass on him, named as per the clue. Blame Faer, it was her idea. :P

He'd rather be killing mobs, grinding levels.png
Cook, of Port Izumi. I expected this to be the second easiest to guess, but shows what I know.

Bat Country.png
In Lunacy! Trust me, it's there. I know the scenery isn't very explicit, but it's there.

So, without further fanfare, the competition is closed, and Ched claims all the goodies.

Any opinions? Way too hard or just a little bit too hard? X-D

Either way, it was fun doing it, and once again I have to thank Faer for a good number of the ideas, even if I can't remember exactly which ones any more.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

ha, I didn't know about #8 - that's great
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

Aww, I should've known about Cook, I've talked to him several times, the other ones I don't really blame myself for since I've hardly ever been in the domain or Lunacy and I haven't been in bartertown for weeks. :P It was alright when it comes to the difficulty, altough I would probably have put more effort into it if I'd had any competition.
kusofthevalley

Post by kusofthevalley »

Amazing. Faaaaar too clever for me, but I'm still a newb really....

Odd that the "grinding levels" clue first led me to the Minos Miner, but after that failed line of enquiry I just kept thinking of the Cook in Castle Britain in U6. It made no sence in my head, but maybe there was some subconsious element at work.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

the clues should be like cryptic crossword clues: when you get the answer, there is no two ways about it, *that* is the answer, no doubt about it