The Stygian Pirate Trade

EUO clan threads go here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

Khell rolls an 88 for the ebony crook + 5. I know it's sorta special treatment but, he earned it imo. Vilexi is my witness for that.
khellendros
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by khellendros »

In the next couple of days I will not be on. I may possibly be on Tuesday but am unsure as of now. I will be adding to my Merchant in Barter Town (west) I have a lot of items to add to him that I haven't had the time to add in the last couple of days. I will let everyone know when he is updated. I'm aware that Aliza's current merchant in Mon-Ferrato has about 600 items but she has the help nurasame. My merchant only has 196 items on him currently but starting possibly Tuesday he will have either double or triple that I have plenty in the bank to add to him, so if there is anything on him that interests any of you right now, let me know and I can either let you have it for free or charge you a small ammount, it varies on the mood i'm in at the time. So let me know by Tuesday and I'll see what I can do.
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

I won't be able to make the roll tonight, stupid work.
poply
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by poply »

:cry: i will not be here tonight ether :cry:
spoiled
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

Well the turnout was small tonight but it was still fun. Khellendros! You ended up winning the ebony crook + 5 so congrats :P

Tonight I had to kick ArchmageGavin, Biscuits, and RhavoX cos I just didnt see any of you on or hear word. You'll be re-invited soon as I see you around again though!

Also I am temporarily booting Aliza, nurasame, Master and kallisto, all of whom are great pirates but are for the time being trapped in the real world X-D

Big announcement...
From now on we will record every pirates levels on Sunday night before the Rolling for Gold. Whichever pirate gains the most levels by the next Sunday night when levels are recorded again will win yet another heap of treasure! This is gold that will get to you whether you can make it to the roll or not. Yarg!! Some of you may be thinking that this is biased towards lower level players, and quite frankly it is :cool: ...too much stuff out there with a bias for higher level characters already imo! Plus I think if anyone set their mind to it they can win. And if you dont win, hey. You gained levels, and there's always the next week!
khellendros

Post by khellendros »

It's kinda sad that no one has posted on our clan forum for a couple of days, this clan isn't really that linked. The players need more communication between eaach other. I try to talk to as many as I can in game but a lot of them just haven't come around. I hardly see anyone but the main posters posting on here. It should be more productive, since we are the number 1 clan at the moment. Oracle don't you believe that our clan forum should be as active as our clan score and player activity? Just a suggestion, that should be brought into consideration. I think that one requirement in this clan should be to read the clan forums with every chance you get and try to post as much as possible in a non-spamming manner, I know this can't be monitored to see if players are actually doing it but if the number of posts rises more rapidly then it does now then we can tell it has some affect. Also I believe that we should get to know each other better. So Oracle if it is all right with you, you should announce in game and post on here that players should introduce themselves, and tell a little about themselves. I would start that right now but I am kinda in a hurry and only have a few minutes.
Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bk »

The Oracle wrote:Tonight I had to kick ArchmageGavin..
To come to his defense, I did see him on not to long before this post. :cool:
BrockFNSamson
How do I attack?

Post by BrockFNSamson »

khellendros wrote:It's kinda sad that no one has posted on our clan forum for a couple of days, this clan isn't really that linked. The players need more communication between eaach other. I try to talk to as many as I can in game but a lot of them just haven't come around. I hardly see anyone but the main posters posting on here. It should be more productive, since we are the number 1 clan at the moment.
I respect your concern khellendros, and I believe our clan is doing better than most.. way better. At least a few pirates show up every event, and the people who play the most are pretty active. That right there is more than you'd get with a regular clan in a popular MMORPG. As for a percieved unpopularity, I'm having a hard time caring about the opinion of a handful of anonymous people who play an underground, retro-rpg. The fact that they would care enough to create cliques in a game with a total population under 500 is enough for a 3rd strike in my book. I haven't found many people on EUO worth talking to or being around other than SPT members.. in fact, I haven't found any. I pretty much /ignore anyone who isn't a pirate.

We are the life blood of this game: the most active players.
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

And that's why he's first mate.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

In the first post in the thread I wrote:OMGZ I Just joint SPT WTF do I do!!!?
...Second most important is please everyone create a main page for yourself! Check out my main post as a basic example for how to set yours up. When you play, try and make it a habit to have the clan thread open or easy to get to so that you can keep your main post updated, and also keep track of your fellow pirates...
In my main post I wrote:All members of The Trade please make main posts of your own. Edit them as you develop your characters, so everyone can stay up to date with your progress and needs. All pirates' main posts will be linked to the main page via the nightshade icon :nightshade: next to thier names. Make an effort to check this thread each time you play! :) Thank you!

and...

My rizeal name is Daniel. I live in Florida and Muse is my girlfriend, Jenny. I wait tables for a living and I am actively pursuing starting a band with my cousin Chris, who you might know as Vanguard/haddiman/Slappy.
Later on in the thread I wrote:Keep up the great work everyone's doing leveling. Try and meet members of the trade you haven't gotten a chance to talk to. Find other pirates to raid dungeons with!
Again I wrote:Rolling for Gold is TONIGHT!!! If you haven't made a main post yet, do it! :mrgreen:
There's extra gold prizes for those who have.
And here... I wrote:From now on 5k prize (or more depending on how much treasure the clan accumulates over time) to anyone who makes a main post for them self and makes it to the next roll. So if you haven't made one yet, get on that.
So, yeah. My official word on the matter is that it really isn't necessary at all for the pirates to post in this thread. But I have encouraged reading and posting in the clan thread A LOT. Along with some of the other things Khell mentioned.
So, if you just don't feel like posting, or even just being talkative, that's you're thing.. It's cool. In the first post, though, I mentioned that Van and I are currently seeking out a few select members of the Trade to become a chamber that will help us in running the clan. In order for anyone to get considered they must reveal to us that they are interested in the growth of the clan. One great way of doing that is to check the clan thread and post. In fact if you don't have a post on here yet you have not been considered for that job, you can be sure.

Much love to you pirates! Yarg :D
Paru

Player: ArchmageGavin

Post by Paru »

Sorry for not posting this earlier... first time viewing forum again since I joined.

ArchmageGavin
level: 38
stats: str: 73 dex: 25 int: 204+73
hp: 103 AS: 2 MR: 247 def: 11.7

only missing 3 spells: VF, xc and kvx
skills: mage: 100% rogue: 23% not listed priest: 93%
magery: 100
peity: 93.4
Sorcery: 89.6
fishing: 88.9
mining: 87.5
meditation: 82.3
Item Lore: 80.9
Tinkering: 78.9
healing: 58.7
woodcrafting: 52.8
WeaponSmith: 40.7
alchemy: 36
Cartography: 34.7
Tailoring: 34.4
Enchanting: 30.1
traps: 23
taming: 7.9
Paru

warning idleness

Post by Paru »

I've mentioned once or twice that I can't the Sunday meeting, I have to leave for work by 9pm PST and more then likely spend the last 20 minutes or so getting prepared. I also do some gaming every Sunday in the afternoon and every two weeks leave before noon. just to give people a heads up i might be a little busy on the weekends(I also run two clubs Saturday making me busy most of the day).

oh Yes i forgot I'll be a little more absent next week, having time off work means giving myself a break from my normal routine
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Pirates,

I just moved into my FIRST apartment of my very own! For an 18 year old here in the Bay Area that's a huge deal.

Unfortunately I am Mac-only at this new place so I can't play EUO very much for a while.

I will be checking in.

Good luck and good hunting!
khellendros

Post by khellendros »

The Oracle has allowed me to host a contest on the clan forums. It is a writing contest and I will post all the rules and regulations.

1. It has to be strictly about your character in euo.
2. For the first time it won't be limited to actual truths, so you can exagerate on your character.
3. For anyone wishing to participate you must post it on here and let us know you are participating. (If your story appears at the end of the week and you didnt mention to either me or the Oracle that you wanted to participate you will be disquallified.)
4. It can be in first person or third person it does not matter.
5. It will be based on a scale, you will get points deducted from mispelled words and horribly noticable grammer mistakes.
6. You have 1 week to complete your story and post it here.

The Oracle and I have agreed that the winner will recieve a horse from us. So good luck

I have typed up an example story so anyone who is interested may get more of a feel for it.

Khellendros’s Journey

Word spread fast of what Lord Eggmceye had done. A whole new continent had appeared over night. All throughout Sosaria people are searching for a way to reach it. Among these people is a mage by the name of Khellendros. Bored with hunting in the caves, dungeons and castles of Sosaria. He has ventured to the sacred library west of Izumi to speak with Nestor.

The great library loom over the mountains of the Izumi mines. Khellendros rests his staff and chants “In Por.” Instantly he blinks into existence at the foot of the great library. The doors open and Khellendros steps inside. Phillipe is there to greet him. “Ah, back again are you Khellendros? What can I help you with today?”

“I am looking for Nestor; please tell me he is in.” Khellendros replied politely. Phillipe waved towards the stairs. “He is upstairs at the back of the library looking over some journal of Estorrath’s.” Khellendros smiled and walked up the stairs. The dank air reminded him of the last time he had visited the library. Back then he was an adept mage seeking quests to earn his name.

Nestor had set him on the task of finding the libraries lost work; a set of important books that had gone missing for quite some time. Khellendros had no problem attaining the books, except for the last one which he had to journey into the Stygian Abyss. It took Khellendros many moons to retrieve the book nearly costing him his life.

Now he is back searching for one of the eight stones of virtue, the black stone. On a rumor of the black stone being a portal to the new continent of Maeondir. Khellendros spotted Nestor at the back of the library transfixed with a book. Looking up he saw Khellendros and motioned him forward. “Your back Khellendros, what can I help you with this time?”

“I’m here about the black stone of virtue; do you have any idea where it may be?” Nestor shut his book and walked to the window. “The black stone you say? I may know where it is, but it won’t be easy to obtain.” Khellendros paced back and forth across the floor. “Please, just tell me where it is.”

“Travel to Dryden and speak with a woman named Shelby. She was the last to know of the stones location.” Nestor said as he looked over his book again. “Thank you.” With that Khellendros chanted “Kal Ort Por,” and vanished. Reappearing in Extell’s tower portal room, he walked to the portal leading to Dryden and stepped through it.

Dryden’s west entrance guard walked up to Khellendros as he appeared. “Good evening Khellendros, what brings you to Dryden this day?” He asked. “I am looking for a woman by the name of Shelby, have you seen her?” The guard thought for a moment and then his eyes lit up. “Yes, indeed she is down by the well.” Khellendros headed off towards the well after thanking Kyle the guard.

Shelby sat by the well humming to herself. “Good evening sir.” She said as Khellendros approached her. “It’s come to my understanding that you know the location of the black stone of virtue. Can you tell me where it is?” Shelby stood up and leaned against the wall. “I will tell you where it is if you can first help me.” She said slyly. Khellendros sighed. “Alright tell me how I can help you lady.” Shelby moved closer to Khellendros. “There is a manuscript I wish you to retrieve for me. It’s in the possession of Estorrath.”

“Where can I find this Estorrath?” Khellendros asked. “He can be found inside his hut north of Dryden.” Shelby said as she sat back down. “Then I shall return shortly.” Khellendros said as he departed Dryden.

Walking north of Dryden Khellendros spotted the huge crab of Sosaria. “Great this is just what I need.” Khellendros chanted “Vas Sanct Lor,” and vanished from sight. He snuck past the huge crab and entered Estorrath’s hut. Seeing Estorrath, Khellendros turned visible and caught Estorrath’s attention.

“What can I do for you young mage?” He asked. “I was sent here with the task to get your manuscript. Are you willing to part with it?” Estorrath’s head lowered. “I’m afraid I can not help you at this moment, you see I am having some trouble of my own with a lich by the name of Drumhemller.

“This is taking much longer then I thought it would.” Khellendros thought. “Would you be willing to part with your manuscript if I dispatch this lich?” Estorrath’s eyes shined at Khellendros’s offer. “Bring me back his skull and the manuscript is yours. Drumhemller can be found at the top floor of the sacred library in the north west corner.” With that Khellendros chanted “Kal Ort Por,” and disappeared only to reappear inside Extell’s portal room.

Stepping into the portal leading to Izumi, chanting “In Por,” Khellendros materialized outside the great library. Upstairs the air was much colder then before, as he neared the north west section of the library Khellendros heard dark chanting. Chanting “Vas Sanct Lor,” he turned invisible and crept up to the lich Drumhemller.

Khellendros’s foot hit something and alerted the lich. Seeing his opportunity as Drumhemller chanted, Khellendros chant “In Jux Ort,” and mana burned the lich ending it damned existence. Khellendros picked up the skull, right before he chanted his next spell he noticed a silverleaf staff resting against a bookshelf. Khellendros took the staff and chanted “Kal Ort Por,” inside Extell’s portal room he entered Dryden’s portal.

Once outside Dryden he headed towards Estorrath’s hut, noticing the huge crab was no longer in this vicinity reassured him. Khellendros dropped D’s skull at Estorrath’s feet. “The lich is dead, your manuscript now please.” Estorrath picked up the skull and examined it. “I appreciate what you have done, but while you were gone I looked for the manuscript and could not find it. As I recall I placed it in my journal, which is now in the possession of Nestor.”

Khellendros chanted “Kal Ort Por,” reappearing in Extell’s portal room he entered Izumi once again and chanted “In Por,” taking him to the great library. Khellendros reached Nestor whom seemed agitated. “Nestor what’s wrong?” Nestor turned to Khellendros. “That blasted fool Estorrath gave me a journal full of dropped pie recipes.” Nestor continued storming around. “Did you happen to find a manuscript in that journal?”

Nestor stopped and pulled something out of a drawer. “Here take it.” Nestor handed Khellendros the manuscript and started ranting again. Khellendros chanting “Kal Ort Por,” entered Dryden he found Shelby still by the well. “Here is the manuscript you asked for, now where is the stone?” Shelby took the manuscript and put it away. “I have one more thing for you to do for me first. I need you to bring me a silverleaf staff.”

Khellendros handed her the staff. Shelby smiled. “Thank you. To find the stone you need to enter the shrine of spirituality at midnight. When you have the stone seek out Virgil in Cammerta Keep.” Shelby walked off leaving Khellendros alone. Khellendros ventured around until midnight and opened a portal at midnight. Stepping inside he found himself inside the shrine of spirituality. At the base of the shrine was a black stone. Khellendros picked it up and a booming voice filled the area. “Head to Cammerta Keep and seek out Virgil.”

Khellendros chanted “Kal Ort Por,” and entered Cammerta keep. Virgil sat at the head of his table awaiting Khellendros. “Welcome Khellendros I see you have the black stone in your possession, I wish for you to use it and journey to the land of Maeondir and seek out Mariah, she was once on the great council with me and had vanished for sometime. We had thought she had died until recently when the new continent appeared we heard word of her being there.” “How do I use this stone to get there?” Khellendros asked. “Here let me see it, I will show you.” Khellendros handed Virgil the stone and it glowed dimly.

“Hmm, that’s strange, it should not do that.” The stone vibrated and fell to the floor. Slowly a black vortex appeared and slowly became bigger. Khellendros and Virgil stepped back. “This isn’t right!” Virgil exclaimed. All of a sudden the vortex vanished and a black shard fell to the floor. Khellendros picked up the stone and then picked up the black shard. Instant pain shot through Khellendros’s arm and he was sucked into the stone. Virgil gasped and backed away. “Something is wrong here.”

To be Continued
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

Well. As of lately many of those joining the Trade live on the other side of the world from me :P
I was a little close minded when I set the time for Rolling for Gold at midnight my time because I mainly did it thinking of what time would be best for those in my home country. And as it would turn out many of the pirates have been telling me that in order to make it to the rolls they'd have to get up at 5, 6, or 7 in the morning :knife: ...I wouldn't wanna do that so I don't blame any of them for missing.

SO!
In order to fix the problem I have decided that from now on there will be two rolls held every Sunday! One at midnight eastern time US, and a new one at noon eastern time US! Tomorrow will be the first time this is done, and I am setting Vanguard in charge of hosting the noon roll since I will be at work at that time. TOMORROW ONLY if you can make it to both then good for you, you get to roll twice. But tomorrow is an exception to the rule. The rule will be that if you make it to one, then you cant roll for the other. I hope the turnout is good! See ya in game pirates!
L1ndaP
Good morning, Captain.

Post by L1ndaP »

It's a great story, but....you shouldn't be giving a complete walkthrough on how to get to the new continent. This is a spoiler for the ones that is trying to find it on their own.
Kendal Kaelyn Stryker
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

I'll be posting my story here shortly, just letting you know ahead of time because for some reason, I'm supposed to do that.

PS.
I don't want the reward, I'm just making one for the sake of making one.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Alloutte1
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

New pirate...

Post by Alloutte1 »

Pendragon=mage

lv=39
Str=55
Dex=37
Int=206+72

sorcery=89.6
magery=100
piety=64.2

item lore=44.7

that's about it, i know pretty much every spell, summon dragon, so all magery, i need the last two for sorcery and i can res in piety....looking for mage stuff LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON, oh i need low lv treasure maps, willing to buy or trade trying to be a pirate and raise cartography is all LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON, oh and fishing sucks you can catch nothing...
Last edited by Alloutte1 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

A sad apology :(

Post by The Oracle »

Guys! I know I promised there would be two rolls today. I know the noon roll was not held. I wanna apologize for me and Van both to anyone who showed up and was disappointed. By random circumstance both of us were completely unable to get online. I wanna make it up to you if I can. The one held at the regular time will still be held in a couple hours as of the time I'm posting this. Again, sorry. We really to make an attempt to be as reliable as possible :oops:
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

Well, vim won 10k tonight! And Winner was the bloodiest pirate of the week! Yarg!
So, Winner see me for your prize in game.

We had a very slim turnout to the roll though, and in part I blame myself. I feel really bad that no one was available at noon my time to host one. Anyways. Because it was such a small turnout I decided to change my rules on how I determine inactivity.

From now on inactivity will be determined by whether or not you level up at all during the week. Hopefully everyone will feel less like the rolls are obligatory and more that they are just a fun perk of being in the Trade. Anyways, if you haven't gained a single level then you get stranded. Based on this new rule I only had to kick out one member (and one alt) but, she was one of my favorite pirates. Viole. Dunno why you've been so absent, but hope everything's good, and I hope to see you on again soon. You'll be rejoined asap, of course.

So get out there and level pirates!
Or! Tell us a tale! I am working on mine.