MIB - What should we do with our clan?

EUO clan threads go here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

MIB - What should we do with our clan?

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Hi everyone,

MIB is in the process of reforming/restructuring after the active membership fell down to 3-4 people and Keighn resigning from the position of clan leader.

Currently the MIB membership is:
Gulnar
Destroyer (Keighn)
LaughingCoyote

If you were a member and still want to be a member of MIB please pm me including your online alts so I can invite you back into the clan.

I believe that with the changes to enchanting the craft side of MIB should be seriously downgraded and instead the focus should be more on a entrepreneurial bent to distinguish us from the other guilds.

We should be explicitly for people who want to help each other make lots of money on EUO and accumulate really nice items.

OR

We could scrap the whole Merchants in Business theme and come up with another purpose for the clan.

Maybe a Newbie Mentor Guild - members that like to help new players get started and orient them to reading the manual, starting quests, advice on characters, etc.

Anyway this is open for discussion.
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

Rurik still has Karina in MIB (unless you removed her from MIB) I kept her in because I wasn't completely out of MIB.

As for a Newbie Mentor Guild, everytime someone makes one for that purpose (however noble it may be) the clan ends up dead.

MIB does seem alittle dead, but instead of just concentrating on becoming a crafting guild, instead focus on the more gathering skills. Miners, Woodcrafters. If members could, instead of create items, mine, cut wood, search for alchemy and enchanting ingredients, then sell them to the other clans for profit, split the profit amongst the active members so the entire clan progresses. This would really put MIB on the spot as a major economical role in EUO and the members would become very wealthy. Be very mean though, in selecting members to allow into the clan. Some will only be in it for the money we can accumulate. Though, if we can get enough active members (have not seen Gulnar or anyone else on other than you LC, or at least not recently or very active...) then we can accomplish alot.

Talk to me ingame and I can give you some more information. Maybe further insight and more opinions.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

Rurik wrote:As for a Newbie Mentor Guild, everytime someone makes one for that purpose (however noble it may be) the clan ends up dead.
Yeah SOD is nowhere. Good job Rurik.
Gulnar
on lolpatrol

Post by Gulnar »

Just got back to electricity and internet after a couple weeks away (but no EUO for a couple more weeks).

I´ll think about what to do. I like the idea of being merchants, but honestly, the economy feels pretty dead to me at this point. Gathering is a pain, but I could see going that direction. The problem is, I don´t think anybody is really crafting, so demand for wood and ore is pretty minimal these days. What is there for merchants to sell? GHS, RHS, yellow and blue potions, and maybe a small amount of other stuff? We could do a clan merchant again, but I don´t see there being enough demand for goods to really keep multiple merchants in business. Sell what we can and maintain a cartel (i.e., buy out underpriced goods from other merchants, and PK people who undercut us?).

Blah, I don´t know what niche we can fill. Helping newbs isn´t bad, but other clans do that. I´d like MiB to be economy based (either merchants and-or crafting), but that just doesn´t seem viable with the game economy being so dead. Nothing sells for a reasonable amount of money, barring some drops, and the price seems to be falling on those too. I´ll probably be able to fix my mage up with +20 int gear for less than 15k a piece by the time I get back.
kaiser's Tranos: The rulers of the aceint times lands, the most powerfull and feared carnovours, or whore they.
Bk

Post by Bk »

This probably wouldn't be for MIB, but it'd be cool to have some clan just go around and take video pieces of killing higher end monsters reallly fast (like a group hunt, but targeting on a single monster at a time and just beating it to a pulp) then someone editing the video clips into one video to make montages and host them on youtube with hardcore background music to make it seem more exciting and update a post on here with a link for every new video. But MIB doesn't seem like the type of clan to do that, but a suggestion :D
OrcKiller
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by OrcKiller »

Hey guys, is there anyone still remember me? I recently resumed playing.. can someone invite me back to the clan?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I think that I should take leadership of the clan back. I've been away for a long time only jumping on a little bit over the past year. I need to have a meeting with LC I suppose.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: MIB - What should we do with our clan?

Post by Keighn »

I know what we should do and that I'm going to do no matter what my guild mates say:

MASSIVE MEGA FREE ITEM GIVEAWAY IN NORD BANK!!!!
EVERYTHING MUST GO AND IT IS FREE!!!
COME AND GET IT YOU GREEDY RAT BASTARDS!!!
WEDNESDAY WHEN I GET TO IT

Sponsored by MIB, When you care the very least.

What do you guys think fellow guild mates?

(fellow guildmates): Gee we think its great. Good job.
(more guildmates): Yeah, its the bestest. Wish I thought of it.
(even more guildmates): Ummm hmmm, its like chicken and potatoes good with a side of beer.
(and even more) I gotta say I wouldn't have thought of that. Damn good idea. Spanking Hooker Ass Good.
(and more): Hell yeah! Give it away.

Well, there you have it. The crowd has spoken.

COME AND GET IT BABY!!!!!!!!!!
ZUPS!!!!
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Keighn wrote:I know what we should do and that I'm going to do no matter what my guild mates say:

MASSIVE MEGA FREE ITEM GIVEAWAY IN NORD BANK!!!!
EVERYTHING MUST GO AND IT IS FREE!!!
COME AND GET IT YOU GREEDY RAT BASTARDS!!!

Sponsored by MIB, When you care the very least.

What do you guys think fellow guild mates?

(fellow guildmates): Gee we think its great. Good job.
(more guildmates): Yeah, its the bestest. Wish I thought of it.
(even more guildmates): Ummm hmmm, its like chicken and potatoes good with a side of beer.
(and even more) I gotta say I wouldn't have thought of that. Damn good idea. Spanking Hooker Ass Good.
(and more): Hell yeah! Give it away.

Well, there you have it. The crowd has spoken.

COME AND GET IT BABY!!!!!!!!!!
Have you stopped taking meds, or are you overdosing? Its hard to tell.
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

Des wrote:YOU GREEDY RAT BASTARDS!!!
Oooh. That's me. Noted. I'll be there.