SOD: Soldiers of Destiny - Old Thread

EUO clan threads go here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

We have had an offer from the SPT clan to merge with them. I am leaving it up to you, post here and tell me if you would like to merge with them or not.

Terms of the merge:
1. All active SOD members will be eligible to join SPT
2. SPT will obtain the SOD clan hall.

After the merge is successfully completed the SOD clan will be dissolved.

Again all members post here if you agree to the merge or not. if a majority agrees then we will do it, if not then we will remain as we are. I'll give everyone a week to submit your votes.
j0int
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by j0int »

To be honest i dont think we should merge, i think we should stay SOD and if a clan wants to merg with us they join SOD and not vise versa

and plus, ever since i started playing euo ive wanted to be in SOD and now its falling apart, we can rebuild and rise to the top if we try hard enough!
Daemon
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Daemon »

I know this isn't my clan, so if my opinions aren't wanted I'm sorry for the intrusion.

While I have the utmost respect for Toadie and what he's doing with SPT, I think it would be a real shame to see SOD dissolve into a joined clan. We saw something similar back in the days of EMS and MMNS, and I wouldn't say that was a success.

SOD, at least to my mind, has always stood for something different than the new SPT, which is full of energy at the moment but, realistically, might begin to suffer from "clan slowdown" in a few weeks when it's not so new.

On another note, it's a shame to see Rusty go. If SOD does remain independent, I think you could do a lot worse than Seph as a leader. (I apologise if you're not interested in the position, Seph.)
LAUGHING OUTSIDE LIKE A MORMON
L1ndaP
Good morning, Captain.

Post by L1ndaP »

I agree with demintor, I want to see SOD stay intact and it should at least be offererd to someone IN the clan first. Giving it to someone outside the clan was done once and didn't work as Seph knows, nothing against him or Toadie, or Vanguard. As long as ONE person in SOD wants the clan and is dedicated to keep it alive, then I vote we go that way.
Kendal Kaelyn Stryker
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

L1ndaP wrote:I agree with demintor, I want to see SOD stay intact and it should at least be offererd to someone IN the clan first. Giving it to someone outside the clan was done once and didn't work as Seph knows, nothing against him or Toadie, or Vanguard. As long as ONE person in SOD wants the clan and is dedicated to keep it alive, then I vote we go that way.
Actually SoD didnt work for me because of all the player made clans, and the lack of new people playing at the time. I did great with IAG back in the day, just got tired of running it. I also didnt want to see SoD die to I gave it back to one of the previous members, hence why I asked Rusty.
Forsaken
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Forsaken »

Rusty76 wrote:I have decided to step down as clan leader. Any clan member that would like to be leader please post here or let me know. if there is more than one of you that wants to be leader we will have an election. I'll wait a week and see who all wants to be leader, after that we'll vote or if there is just one person they'll become leader.
I'll enter the election for clan leadership.
Can't you see the world's last bloodred sunrise
If life is a dream be afraid to wake up
Shameful destruction of natural beauty
Oh can't you see the fear in your eyes
The earth is suffering from
The
Forsaken
BlackMage
I should probably get out more.

Post by BlackMage »

Daemon wrote:While I have the utmost respect for Toadie and what he's doing with SPT, I think it would be a real shame to see SOD dissolve into a joined clan. We saw something similar back in the days of EMS and MMNS, and I wouldn't say that was a success.
Yeah... that was an epic fail. X-D
"All things end in judgement."
j0int

Post by j0int »

Forsaken wrote:
Rusty76 wrote:I have decided to step down as clan leader. Any clan member that would like to be leader please post here or let me know. if there is more than one of you that wants to be leader we will have an election. I'll wait a week and see who all wants to be leader, after that we'll vote or if there is just one person they'll become leader.
I'll enter the election for clan leadership.

well it looks like i finally have someone to run ageist

im thinking we should have a thread for reason's why whoevers running should be leader and for when it comes around for voteing
Ruel

No Freakin Way

Post by Ruel »

NO FREAKIN WAY should we merge with SPT. Ill tell you why, those guys dont give a shit about SOD...i know both of the leaders personally and have talked to them extensively about clans on EUO. You know what they want? A guild hall...thats it. They just want the guild hall. Egg wont give them one, as you can see if you read the others threads about clans. They could care less about SOD members and the welfare of the clan in general. Otherwise, neither one of them would have left to form SPT. I am totally against this merge.

On another note, its good to see some people stepping up to the plate to take the leader position. Lets continue to carefully consider the candidates and maybe even question them when you see them in game as to how they plan to run SOD and keep it going...idk, just a thought...lets make sure we get the right leader.
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

Well with 4 people against the merge I feel I can safely say that it's not going to happen. I think the people who are running for leader need to post why they would be a good leader and what their plans for the clan are. That way people can better make a decision when it comes time to vote.
j0int

Post by j0int »

well as rusty said the canidates for the new leader of the clan should post reasons why they should be leader and all that junk

so here i go

if i am made leader i would hold weekly events, take time to know just about each and every clan member a little better, help whoever asks. if rules have been broken, do what needs to be done friend or not.

weekly events could possably include
mutipule clan hunts every week
pvp tournys
fundraisers? (not to sure about that one)
and stuff like that

and i can be on daily to host these events!

so vote for me and :chill: out
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

Just wanted to make it known that the merging of SPT and SOD was Chris' own personal venture. Since I have hella respect for Rusty, I was actually against the idea when he told me about it as well. I feel SOD should stay together. In fact, even though I am no longer in SOD, I would like to mention that I'm sad to see Rusty give it up, but that I think Forsaken would make an excellent new leader for SOD. And I'm also surprised ElBueno has not elected to join the running.

I don't think Chris knew how I felt about all this, so he was just being ambitious and taking advantage of what he saw as a good opportunity for our clan. I hope there's no hard feelings :)
Ruel

Post by Ruel »

Its true, Toadie you do have massive respect for Rusty and the clan, i was implying more along the lines of Chris. But i just wanted to make clear that i think the merging of the two clans is a terrible idea. Not just because of the clan hall thing, but i believe that SOD represents something on EUO and we need to try to fix our rep...on our own. Thats all.

Oh, and i have no intention of running for leader, unless i feel that all of the possible candidates would not be good leaders of the SOD clan...so everyone make sure to push yourselves as the best if you are in the running, just like a real american would! X-D No, jk...politicians are gay.
striaght^G
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

You guys shouldn't have a thief as a leader.
~Mario
Bk

Post by Bk »

I think Kendal would make a good leader (if not already running).
L1ndaP
Good morning, Captain.

Post by L1ndaP »

Thanks, but I'm not interested in running.
Kendal Kaelyn Stryker
j0int

Post by j0int »

jumpstart wrote:You guys shouldn't have a thief as a leader.

a thief is someone who steals and dosent return

not someone who dident know to roll for it

i did give it back without saying i dident have it and i can not beleave i said i dident have it unless you have a log comeing directly from egg (meaning egg would have to be the one telling me) of exactly what i said

so u can not call me a thief
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

I have 3 witnesses.... Aod, RhavoX, and Atraxis.
~Mario
j0int

Post by j0int »

this is the last post im am going to post about this

witnesses... yes

but its a witness, yes they saw me take it

but still none of them are telling me that i said that i dident take it

and mario, dont ever think im giveing you free stuff again...
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Then what about the hyper leprachaun drop from last night? Atraxis said he coded it to drop something, and you were right next to it when I killed it. Give up the item before we need to get DMs involved You,Conan,Mario and I need to roll to see who gets it.