Brotherhood of Night

EUO clan threads go here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

MrWizard
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by MrWizard »

Well, it looks as though I'll be walking the path of Khyron... Originally started playing because Khyron, ElSuave, and myself could stomp around together, but that's not happening anymore (don't even see much of anyone else I befriended from those days). Also, I just don't have as much time as I'd like... Got a pen and paper project going where I should be halfway through it by now, but am only a quarter done. When alpha went PD and with talk of an item wipe on the regular server, I realize how temporary this is. I like to devote a little time each day to building something up, and the only place I can do that without getting it knocked down appears to be dungeon crawling with my friends, irl (just how I feel). EUO is a great game, and the Brotherhood has been kind, but I'm moving on. 8)

PS: I will finish that final map about the undersea passage connecting 2 different locations on the continent, but not the higher level island fortress/volcanic catacombs combination (just don't have the experience as a higher level player to make it work, imho). Also, players should really take it easy on Egg... I did a little research into what it would take to put together a gem like EUO, and don't think just anyone could make it happen, let alone keep it together. Congratulations! *MrWizard tips his hat, which he has most recently found.* 8D
Have you seen my hat?
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Well Mr. W, I hope you do pop in occasionally. :) 'Twas nice seeing you when I had the chance.

By the way, I have collected six portals from River's End. (!) Thank you for that map, it's very nice. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Adieu to thee!
Djanno :smoke:
Eraamion
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Eraamion »

Age-worn and bleached paintings, eerily flickering in the dancing light of the torch, unravel before your eyes as you approach the black and cold human-made wall, in a cavern deep below the surface. Upon closer inspection, though, you see fresh markings that must have been added only recently. Footsteps can be heard from the corridor behind you, ominously echoing in the moisty darkness.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eraamion
Khyron
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Khyron »

@Eraamion.... downloaded, Like it very much .... Any word on the confirmation of permission to contact the :uhh: hostile guild?

@MrWizard.... Is it odd that I was #23 to download the map?? :)
He who preys unseen/ Demi-god of Stealth....
Eraamion
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Eraamion »

The hall was dark and empty, and the tall pillars adorned the looming vastness in a quiet and oppressive air, motionless and waiting. The black abyss, yawning, now seemed to threaten to devour the plateau, which, surrounded by the hungry blackness, was slowly being consumed in a haze of cold mist. Emanating from below, from the recesses uncountable, its sentience was almost palpable, veiling everything, as if trying to steal the reality itself.

Contours of a robed figure of human resemblance began to draw, themselves, within the hazy gray shroud. Unclear first, then sharper and sharper, the lines amplified into minuscule precision, some ancient and long-forgotten magics in a blossom of full power.

"Of course thou hast our permission, brother," the voice was cold and minute, silent yet echoing, permeating the mist and assaulting from everywhere in its sinister silence. The voice hid many layers of meanings, the seeming coldness of the surface barely concealing the warmth beneath, the memories of the past, all trying to resurface, relentlessly, steadily. "The Brotherhood hath ever been confident in thy abilities. Let none interfere with our purpose."

The lines, so precisely and carefully drawn, began to decay, commingling with the now thinning mist, merging into its retreat, a withdrawal that was not a defeat, the reality returning, the air pure and clear, the majesty of the towering pillars come in its renewed splendour. The voice whispered, weak and barely audible, and the vast hall fell silent once more.

"Walk in Virtue, brother."
Eraamion
on lolpatrol

Re: Brotherhood of Night

Post by 1 »

Eraamion wrote:Thirteen, He Who Heralds the Light;
*The following letter was slid under the door of the entrance to the hidden BoN Guildhall. On the front of the letter reads "Please forward to the Brotherhood of Night.*

Dear Brothers,

If you are reading this letter, then I am no longer with you. I would like you to know that this was my entire life. I know that I have be around as of late due to circumstances beyond my control. I have been at the University studying ancient item lore for the past year. That is why I left you my Brothers. I decided to leave without a word because I wouldn't be able to say goodbye. I have kept this letter with me in my travels in case something has happened to me. I wanted to thank all of you for accepting me as your Brother. I am in a better place now.

Thirteen...

*There is a small note placed along with the letter that reads "Thirteen was killed in large storm while at sea. The boat was sailing from Dryden to Seftondale."*

((Out of character note: Thirteen is an old retired character of mine. Thanks guys.))
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

*Djanno sings softly*

"To Seftonvale he hath sailed,
The doom of our Thirteen.
To herald no more,
Washed on the shore,
Shipwrecked, broken dreams.

Lore and Light were his might,
Noble things indeed.
To hearken knowledge,
And the Way,
True Virtues, few have seen.

We bow to thee o Brother true,
No more we'll see thy face.
The light shall shine,
Albeit dimmed this time,
May you rest in peace..."
Khyron

Post by Khyron »

That was an wonderful ode Brother Djanno.... I am moved. :cry:

Ahem.... in official news; I have yet to make contact with the accursed guild that claims fellowship falsely.... I have reason to believe that I will be contacted by one of them in the near future, as I am taking steps to assure contact.... that is all at this time.

*goes to mourn a brother*
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Rejoice dear Brothers...

Bjoernar, the Hammer of the North has returned!
Eraamion
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Eraamion »

How is everyone going? :) I thought I would pay EUO a brief visit but there were only 2 people on.
Eraamion
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

I'm pretty busy these days. I'll be on a little more in mid September, after I get setteled into a new job. :)
Aeryn
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Aeryn »

Alive and breathing. I shall pop in every now and then, but I am pretty busy until the end of September... Then I'll have more time to roam the lands of EUO. I am also happy that Bjoernar is back - yet another BoN elder returns!

Oh - please do water the nightflower in Nordhaven while I'm gone! And collect any berries or old leaves for later use. ;)
Sunfire
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Sunfire »

Aeryn wrote: And collect any berries or old leaves for later use. ;)
Thank you Aeryn.
Khyron

Post by Khyron »

I am doing well at the moment.... still looking for contact with the false clan.... I will report more on this when I have more information my brothers....

/waves to Eraamion.... :)
MrWizard
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by MrWizard »

Cruising through and thought I'd post something to keep our thread up. Been working on that one map, and completely finished the Lighthouse and Undersea passage levels (maped might be out of date though, heh). With the lighthouse I copied the outside areas from story to story, but adjusted them to be smaller for the illusion of ascending a tower. The passage is as the name suggests, but there is some ocean leakage and worker corpses (always a plus!). The last level (still in progress) is a 3 story tower and basement where the 2 upper levels rotate as you climb up. The map doesn't really move, but you get a msg and I've already adjusted the outside terrain so as you peep out windows you can see that it shifted counterclockwise. Should have that last level done in a week, then after another few days of tweaking, will send off. 8)

edit: Sorry bout the wait, but usually I won't make a lot of quick progress on anything till the end.
Have you seen my hat?
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Good things are worth waiting for. :smoke:
Khyron

Post by Khyron »

Oh, Brothers, where art thou? Although it has been many months since I began searching this world in search of those lost souls to help strengthen our cause in New Sosaria.... I have not forgotten our bond.... Oh Master, it has been too long since we last had a gathering with our brethren... I long for the companionship of the Brotherhood!! So many have been lost, so many have fallen....
Aeryn
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Aeryn »

Be at peace, our Brother. Our bond is as strong as it has ever been. Even though you might not see us on your travels, our presence is there, hovering over the dark corners of New Sosaria. When the night consumes the land, we are there.

Brother Eraamion has travelled to another dimension, the far city of Arabel. He has become a dean of the arcane studies department of the University of Arabel. Last I heard Neinar was also seen travelling towards the city. We wish all the best for their ventures. I shall send a messenger there with our greetings.

We also have two new Nightspawned among us. Guide their path when needed, as you are one of our elders. And scratch Wolfie a bit for me. :)

In a time of haste,
Aeryn
Eraamion
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Eraamion »

Shadows begin moving in the cold hall, coalescing into a humanlike shape, then slowly materializing into the robed figure you recognize well. The voice, seemingly emotionless, sharp, with a tingle of irritation, as if disturbed from a deep slumber, resounds in the bottomless vastness that is the abyss of the Sanctuary once more: "New blood hath been flowing into the Brotherhood, and yet no information cometh. Prithee, fair Aeryn, divulge on the events that have transpired."
Eraamion
Eraamion
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Eraamion »

The figure listens as the whispers begin filling the hall, nodding slowly in acquiescence. When the whispers fade away and the gloom thickens with ominous silence once again, the shape slowly becomes hazy and unclear, as if dissipating, back into whatever realm it dwells in.
Eraamion