Class Balance

Moderator: EUO Moderators

CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Re: Class Balance

Post by CinisterD »

Eclips wrote:What if monks just had a chance of attacking the two spaces adjecant to the mob that they're attacking. This makes sense with their class, and gives them some aoe and needed damage increase without making them OP.
I like that
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

Like Keighn said a kick special attack would be sweet. Monks hit really fast with low damage per strike, but sometimes you just want to hit something once, and hard. A kick could be a 2x dmg melee attack that knocks the opponent back one square. The ideal setup would be to kick right after sleeping fist for 4x damage.

As for the meditation attack, I wasn't originally in favor of it because of how long it takes to charge up, but then I realized it would be awesome when combined with stone form. Monks don't get any AOEs, so it would be a great attack to lead with on a bunch of mobs, or as a second wind when it looks like you're losing. For the second wind idea, maybe it should also debuff in addition to dealing damage (eg. mobs are temporarily blinded from the blast).

Finally, what's the deal with quivering palm? It costs way too much rage. Next 3 strikes have 50% chance of crit - A critical hit is what, 2x damage? The whole ability needs a rework.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Or punch its chest and rip out its heart and hold it in the sky laughing as it drops (hopefully) dead. Eat that fucking heart and sneer at the mobs.
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

How about to give werewolf 500 dex and hellcat 1000 dex on alpha, to test high dex monsters.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

They dun know how to do that.

Being mobs.

For mobs they “dodge” (at least melee) if you have low AS and they have high def. I’ve had many times newb never hitting insects and some can’t even hit a bat. Try a newb with cursed weapons/gear and get say a 0 or 1 as vs insects.
ZUPS!!!!
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

def on monsters can be ignored, often too low to cause problems (SL is the only exception).
I see now , what makes heroic / epic dragons harder to dodge is their AS and not their dex . It seems there is no dex in the monster world.

3 stats system only works if monsters are involved.
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

I keep dieing as rogue on PD just before remort while i can remort as fighter without a loss , and i gave up on mage long ago , maybe i should just remort fighters and do a classchange at lvl 300.
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

or just don't die?

i can make a mage and get to remort in the matter of a couple hours.. and a rogue just a bit longer.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass