Ideas thread 2019

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Ideas thread 2019

Post by Keighn »

DUTCHMAN wrote:De-scribing, De-scription (something like that)

Being able to take scrolls that are already made (like town portal scrolls) and turning them into blank scrolls

edit I took 2k scrolls and deconned them and got about 400 blanks back......anyway we could turn the luck % up LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON. maybe make it more likely to get a blank?
Yeah, maybe an improved version of the ebony deconstruction wand with greater chance of giving back all ingredients.

Is there an Improved green potion. I would love a nastier long lasting venom. Poisoning your weapons is damn awesome assassin stuff; saved my ass many times.

Jeb and I (god sounds like we were out drinking moonshine) on priests again and spells in general. Insect swarm needs a bit of a buff but not op. Sure its worked ok against low mobs in a pinch but in the end it and flame strike just don't scale well at all.

And I do think tinted class weapons for blessed_maces, hexblades affecting spells like that would be great. A sword golem also poisoning if you had a venomous blessed mace on when casting it would be keep. A vampyric sword golem or insects that heal themselves if you had vampy weapon on etc etc. Jeb mentioned a priest/bard is only really useful as support. I can't really agree/disagree since I haven't hard core played bard. I do play pure priests on pd and they do ok against dragons with optimal gear (I could probably get better gear but eh).

I'd like what's left the the elite player base that pvps/pvm-e to write their views more in the guides section on tactics and such. Seems the regulars do well in the epic maps from what I hear but maybe they're constantly dying/ressing by party members. Hell if I know. I need to watch the various gameplay-styles to see what I'm missing and why the complaints on the classes as they are currently.

I try to put the classes into the pure NEWB perspective and without training when testing them. Its not easy when you have a cache of crap you want to load up on them. So.. LOTL is probably the best playtest option on reg. (sorry alphas, this is where slow play really shines)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

And of course with all the unique weapon artifact drops I want to ask if there is a artifact UA glvoes weapon drop. Monks will thank you for it.

Would also hope for random artifact jewelry and armour of all sorts.

And I'll still beg for All glass metal armours to be able to be purchased at the apocalypse town (I mean why not)

Would like glassweave cloth and glasshide leather drops and maybe boneweave/bone hide craftables of all armor/belt.

Complete the bone heavy set of armor for the death knight so greaves, gauntlets, boots, and maybe a skull shield.

on enchanting of regeneration belts/jewelry (rings) able to make them with any tint.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

OOOh.. Diamond Armor = Adamantium + Glass. Now that would be awesome!!

Dispel Summons spell. God need that.
Dispel Magic or remove curse (being hexed sucks ass)

And we have various seeds so why not allow us to tame chickens and turkeys. I guess we can tame horses.

Further note about Flesh golems. As of yet I am still aware of only a few methods to fix their unhappiness state so they won't leave you and that's Golem power crystals or using a wand of unhappiness. Damn things only eat GPCs which is annoying.

I suggest using essence of lightning to feed them (keeps in line of the movies in a way) and I really think maybe they shouldn't need to eat or rather.... they get hungry very very very slowly (that sort of keeps in with the mythology of them). The essence of lightning think I think solves that issue quite a bit though.

Seems I can't make silk cloth for silk gear. So much damn spider silk but just can't make silk tint.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

+loot increasing bonus to next tier (so +1, +5 becomes +2, +10 and a +2, +10 becomes +3, +15)

A +4, +20 would be cool but i guess max is in at +3, +15.

Justneed more uses. Ie finding more mandrake, ns searching, finding reagents and meat always from specific mobs (ie sparkling motes from wisp, brain from gazer etc). Maximizing crops harvested etc.

Unless one makes a harvest song or autumnal tune. Nothing wrong with music that does other thing. Merchant song increases sale to and gives discount because npc merc is charmed. Etc.

Maybe mentioned: can do all monster boss quests not just 1. Can do both scavenger hunt quests.

Still would love a monster hunter quest where reward is something less.
Ie. Set via the
1. lowlife,
2. Goblinoids,
3. men,
4.lesser undead,
5. Humanoids
6. Minoataurs (hobestly need more mob types for this area
7. Greater undead
8. Hellspawn
9. Dragons
10. Beyond (upper tier shadow, blood, evil mcFoozles)

So npc has that menu. Asks frequency #
Solitary 1
Few (2-8)
Group (4-16)
Raider Band (8-40)
Moving Army (20-400)
Or something. Its the age old kill # and collect reward. Gold reward and random magic item based on select type. And xp bonus. So a farming of mobs for an extra reward. (I know some these types but old tropes for those who like bounty hunter quests).

Speaking of bounty hunter. An actual bounty on a created special mob would be cool. Similar idea of tiers but its a special mob that maybe just appears out of nowhere while youre hunting. Think Wrath of denethenor if you played it. This mob utilizing lordMs weird combos wouldbe a hybrid mob of sorts and always have a pack of *bosses* (no treasure drop?). Kill them and collect reward (whatever thatd be).
So say its a humanoid bounty (random name) is a hybrid version so lets say its an ettin and it would have a pack of boss-like ettins with it. Theresa hidden random timer and it would appear at the end of that. Maybe Won't appear in towns...

And of course the arena idea. Utilize the arenas but same as the bouty with numbers. Only difference is you are in the arena and they all come at once surrounding you. I do have my special arena maps i made ages ago. They are simple or use existing one. Arenas dont get much love. Similar reward as bounty hunter i guess. Small titles for completing tiers would be cool.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Less long idea. I had been thinking about druids and mages, and well anyone who casts spells via their medium (necromancers should be a hexblade or bone staff, priests spells through their maces, druids/mages through their staves). Well, I noticed some spell effects don't transfer via the tint (maybe I'm not testing enough but I use venomous as a default as it usually poisons things).

Wouldn't it be keen if your summons took on the properties of your casting device. Sure they get more powerful as you get more of the skill or int but what about the tint? What about the plus or enchant? Yeah I suppose a voggy insect swarm or spider would be pretty op but venomous daemon summons isn't. What about barbed etc. Considering the "mage" is channeling all his energy through the staff (as apparent since without its harder to cast spells) that essence should transmit to summons/clones etc. Be it (using spiders again as an example) barbed spiders, adamantium charged spiders for extra def/dmg, or addled confusing spiders or even copper faster spiders. Venomous would be pointless on spiders but other summons it wouldn't. What if you used a green potion on your self/staff (say a barbed) and got that double whammy of barbed/venomous daemons?

Too OP? A lot of summons are barely a speed bump later on.
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

Just spit balling an idea that i kinda had while speaking with Keighn and MageofRage. It isn't something I really expect to see but I'm interested in peoples' thoughts

TL;DR: What if there was no limit to which you could spend levels at versatility?

There is a natural opportunity cost by giving up stats for class cap. Getting to 200% cap is quite taxing on a build as it is, so I have my doubts that it would break the game in any way. Additionally, lots of classes have built in "isolations" with when it comes to hybrid builds. Blessed maces and maces are mutually exclusive, as is music and stealth, and VM has an insane cool down if you aren't using a blessed mace. Maybe a high level druid caster might be a bit too powerful? Is having access to druid staff procs, hob, and high level mage spells (XC) at once too powerful? ( I think that would be the case that really tears this idea apart) Please tear this idea apart and post dream builds! :heart:

unrelated PS:
glad to see you playing again, Keighn!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Hot spot cell phones... who'd of guessed technology. Beats the old dialup that's for sure.

Since we're on the topic and for those who are wondering about non-humans:
That last level kind of cheats you but you get the 1%

And here is the final message and NO it doesn't eat your level when you med:

So that's something I may put into the Guides section. It is good to know, though I seems that pd only grants 175% for non-humans still. At least to start they get 125% and for "pure" non-remorts. It's like being human..... almost.
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

:skull: SKELETUN MASTER RACE :skull:

:alarm: EATING IS FOR FUCKING PUSSIES :alarm:

:jam: :headbang: :jam: :headbang: :jam: :headbang: :jam: :jam:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You can also raft overloaded under the water. Its a riot.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

When stoned or really stoned and others look at you it should say: You see a stoned or really stoned [whatever form you are in, druid, bunny, snake, hydra, etc] or just name of player."

Kind of annoying if you ask about hiboss and its too tough. It won't let you do medboss or lowboss if you decide you don't want hiboss. TBH, if you kill any of the bosses even by accident it should have that logged and you can just type whichever claim you want. Would be handy if you just can't get a certain boss.
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Keighn wrote: TBH, if you kill any of the bosses even by accident it should have that logged and you can just type whichever claim you want. Would be handy if you just can't get a certain boss.
It does that if you kill a boss before you ask for the challenge. If its a bally hiboss, for eg, and you kill one it will show you the yellow text message. Go to the guy and you can claim it without accepting challenge.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'll check that next time.

Wand of Pet happiness should always leave it at least HAPPY. Never unhappy or content. I know it won't leave you but still... Hell, make it like a drug and always Wonderfully happy.

On that note.. I wish the levels of contentment gave bonuses or penalties to the pet depending on its contentment. And of course gear, wands to give spell ability slots or expand them... gear, mercenaries, and uh.. foods and buffs for them. Pets working on alpha would be cool.

I still am not entirely fond of the evolution status. A xorn for example evolves to copper lvl 1 (registers as lvl 25 though) evolves again as a lvl 1 blackrock Zorn (registers as lvl 50) and a final time into a lvl 1 adamantium Zorn (lvl 75 and probably can't level up anymore).. that's just god awful terrible. Their level should pop back down to 1 and not read as lvl 25 or 50 or w/e. A level 75 daemon should be lvl 75 not just barely registering as lvl 25. Dragon... (powerful as they are) from drake lvl 25 evolving shouldn't just be a lvl 50 dragon even if it says lvl 75. System needs a revamp.

(I argued that with remort too tbh. but it is what it is... where be the 200% for non-humans btw on pd?)
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

Would it be possible to let us select which avatar we have in druid forms?
Is there a way that we could tell the game give us avatar X (an avatar we have a scroll for) when we polymorph into a given form?
Maybe a one time use AC item will allow us to change the avatar for a selected polymorph?
Maybe it even destroys the avatar scroll, if you're feeling cruel / want to keep the cost high so the default druid avas are most common.

not sure how the water pipe would affect this. If possible, maybe not at all?
ex:
If I change my croc form to the paladin ava, the stoned versions don't change. Even when stoned, I would have the paladin avatar in croc form.
Maybe there's something fun where it just moves over a few "tiles" on the sprite sheet, kinda like how cursed statues work.

just a thought i had while playing weekly PD

also, Destroyer pointed out that wolf's bane doesn't register as a plant you can speak to as a druid. I think that would make a good opportunity for an easter egg or goofy flavor text.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I need to try talking to all the dead vegetables and fruits also. Grass, forest, swamp, etc doesn't talk either. Reapers are sort of a dead plant so it seems likely one could.. though they're pretty mean and evil.

https://wiki.ultimacodex.com/wiki/Reapers

I also need to talk to a tangler.. or try to. Now I need to grow a garden or find a garden.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

When shift U(sing) a sextant or magical sextant the target location should give those co-ordinates not the ones you are standing on. This is good for recording where NPCs and items are like traps, chests, mobs, etc. I think it'd be cool a I usually have to walk around the object or person and figure the x,y coordinates from the readings I'm walking on. Shift U would alleviate that pain. And its an awesome idea... so yeah. :heart:
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Thinking on bleeding eardrums that maybe it needs a slightly longer duration and/or prevents spellcasting of targets on acount of the sound messing their senses up from the shock wave
ZUPS!!!!
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

Dodge (evade) and 0 damage ,caused by def, should have different sounds.
Last edited by SanJorge on Sat May 25, 2019 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Got one on you'd like?
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Now that bone gear gives diminishing returns on HP, PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE let us make bone gloves and leggins? X-D
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
GoldenGanondorf
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by GoldenGanondorf »

Class idea
DRAGOON
Description: The high flying warrior that spears his enemies to death from above.
Weapon: polearms, Lance or javelin could be implemented.
Armor: heavy plates
Skills and spells:
Circle one: Dragon roar (an mani?)
Circle two: Thrust (attacks through to the enemy behind it one tile ex. X00. X is player 0 are enemies)
Circle three: Jump (target like with bows range 2 squares away)
Circle four: spear throw (vas an main damage output)
Circle five: Med jump (target like with bows range 4 squares away)
Circle six: Superior roar (causes confuse or eardrum damage)
Circle seven: Dragon Riding (rides your pet dragon While on dragon gives extra def and adds 10 to as?)
Circle eight:High jump (target like with bows range 8 squares away)

Could be like an fighter addon or specialized quest type thing. Would be cool if learned from a dragon npc.
Last edited by GoldenGanondorf on Fri May 31, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.