Rogues (and Monks) improvement thread

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Rogues (and Monks) improvement thread

Post by Comet »

So now that the new bard subclass is in development, it's time to start thinking about Rogues and their lack luster foils skill. Foils especially need a buff, but this is also a good time to pitch any ideas for Rogue, or Monks - over the years both classes have fallen behind. And after the tons of recent additions to fighter, changes to other melee classes are long overdue.

I'll start with some small ideas I came up with:

SOME ROGUE IDEAS:

double slice - 10 rage 1sec cooldown: Foils and Shortswords ability that works similar to wallop. An instantaneous burst of two attacks on adjacent targets, each dealing half damage, which unlike wallop can hit the same target twice.

defensive slash - 20 rage 1sec cooldown: This is a foils only ability. Does no damage, but for 1 second you take half damage (doesn't stack with tanking stance). Unlike tanking stance, you still do full damage, but maintaining it becomes expensive since you need to burn 20 rage every second. Either use as a desperate last stand, or be strategic and wait until right before an enemy attacks.

trick shot - 0 rage 1.5sec cooldown: Ranged attack that does almost no damage, but you stay stealthed. The targeted mob is drawn to your location for 5 seconds, letting you lure mobs away from crowds.

Rogue dodge: Give rogues a chance to dodge magic attacks in addition to fireball. Instead of taking no damage, the damage is calculated using the rogue's dex as base MR.

MONK IDEAS:

Quivering Palm: Same as before, but hits multiple times (up to four times at 100 rage, and only twice at 50 rage).

Kick - 30 rage 0.5sec cooldown: 2x damage unarmed strike that knocks targets back (weapon tint and attack+ not included). Since it's a kick, you can kick with a weapon equipped. Sample attack rotation: Sleeping fist -> kick for 4x damage
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Rogues (and Monks) improvement thread

Post by Keighn »

Comet wrote: double slice - 10 rage 1sec cooldown: Foils and Shortswords ability that works similar to wallop. An instantaneous burst of two attacks on adjacent targets, each dealing half damage, which unlike wallop can hit the same target twice.

trick shot - 0 rage 1.5sec cooldown: Ranged attack that does almost no damage, but you stay stealthed. The targeted mob is drawn to your location for 5 seconds, letting you lure mobs away from crowds.

Rogue dodge: Give rogues a chance to dodge magic attacks in addition to fireball. Instead of taking no damage, the damage is calculated using the rogue's dex as base MR.

MONK IDEAS:
Kick - 30 rage 0.5sec cooldown: 2x damage unarmed strike that knocks targets back (weapon tint and attack+ not included). Since it's a kick, you can kick with a weapon equipped. Sample attack rotation: Sleeping fist -> kick for 4x damage
Yeah, I’m in a funny mood. :/
ZUPS!!!!
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Re: Rogues (and Monks) improvement thread

Post by SanJorge »

I guess everyone already knows what i suggest for rogues , so as for monk :

-- give monk a CHI attack wich is similar to IFH , it has a chance to mute the target (like stomach hit) and damage is based on CHI.
-- mirror boost with CHI.
-- CHI could be a second bar after rage.(with other color). That probably needs another lvl of training. (more dojo)
-- improvement of dex usage could improve monks as well.