Make Dexterity Good Again

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Re: Make Dexterity Good Again

Post by Balmung »

As a pure rogue main, I'd like to throw my opinion in this thread. However, I don't think I have my own unique solution that can "fix" dexterity.
Dex for sure feels like a filler stat atm, only serving to keep rogues' HP and carry under that of fighters/priests. Maybe that's a bit dramatic.
1[WoWz] wrote: -Higher chance of critical hits (may depends on enemy speed or dex)
A solid idea, fits the flavor and game play of rogues. I think this is the best option, so long as it doesn't break the game.
CinisterD wrote: Have dexterity increase mana by half the rate of intelligence. Combine that with uber walk speed. Dex is fixed.
Rogues can have additional specials or some variant of spells (lets call them feats). New skill maybe?
Each "Feat" will require so much mana to use.
Feats could be simple damage attacks, or they could be temporary buffs to weapon damage types (ranged, foils, short swords).
Feats could be remaining invisible after a successful backstab (at a high level).
Thoughts?
I don't think the changes need to be this drastic. Personally I feel like fixes need to be as simple as possible. Simplicity is uber important because of the small amount of dev time dedicated to EUO. The more simplistic a fix, the easier it is to have foresight on how it will affect the game, the quicker it is to get out, the more likely it is to happen. It's also just my opinion that skills/abilities should use rage over mana unless they are explicitly spells. Maybe that's just me. However, rogues getting access to mana via dex would create some neat opportunities for hybrid builds.
Tink wrote:Not that I'm an expert on PVP, but casters already fumble their spells when moving.
Dodging said spells would be another nerf to casters.
From a PVE perspective I think dodging spells is pretty neat. It would make sense.. you'd eventually get so adept in acrobatics that you could side step magic attacks as well.
I think that a buff to dodge would be a decent addition, but this post brings up an excellent point. What if we limit which spells can be dodged? Someone mentioned previously that even given the fantasy setting, who could dodge lightning? Then again...if we keep spells like XJ, AEP, XC, VOG, and mob spells like blood drain as they are now, whats the point of letting us dodge spells as those are the big hitters.

What if foils exclusively got a crit buff from dex? Is that possible? We can fix dex and give rogues a bit of love at the same time.

I would be happy with a very minor addition to dex, as it feels pretty useless atm. I don't think this change should come to the expense of other player's movement speeds.
Sarge
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Sarge »

Keighn wrote:This thread reads like the 2016 election. That title.
Intended ;)

Personally I like the direction of these ideas:
SanJorge wrote:As for movement bonus , 500 dex movementspeed cap sounds ok, but bonus effect on climbing mountains with 1500 dex, lava walk 2000 dex and water walk at 3000 dex (no high seas) would be nice.(maybe higher values)
1[WoWz] wrote:-Higher chance of critical hits (may depends on enemy speed or dex)
I still feel dex should buff attack speed even if just very lightly, so long as str buffs attack damage to a balanced effect and value.

SanJorge wrote:Dex has nothing to do with casting magic
I strongly agree with this, it would contradict everything in every RPG since even board games and would make it completely counter-intuitive if dex buffed magic/mana in any way.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

SanJorge wrote:but bonus effect on climbing mountains with 1500 dex, lava walk 2000 dex and water walk at 3000 dex (no high seas) would be nice.(maybe higher values)
this is actually an idea - like I dunno if it would actually happen but

this thread in a nutshell:
*dex is useless, because it doesn't obviously do anything special
*rogues, who use it the most, are pretty happy-go-lucky about it all regardless (which is nice)
*dodging more spells is the prime target for improvement, but dodge what?
*dex->mana is weird, tho could be useful/interesting, but weird
*don't fuck with walking speed
*we miss attack speed
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

So DBZ physics almost? High def for a shitton of fury strikes? Well, I can’t disagree faster striking for mega dex doesn’t sound appealing. One could max an all dex alt and strike like a speedy Gonzales on .. er speed. Might not do much for dmg but man the hits. There are times I wish dodge happened more as well as a parry with UA. It’s martial arts. Screams block, dodge strike.

We work on energy ball attacks later eh?

Side thought: definitely have it decrease the delay when fighting with 2 weapons. Rogues and trolls start to soar as speedsters (assuming people stopped playing trolls).
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

you know, riding a horse in a dungeon is hella cheesy - how did that get thru QA
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:you know, riding a horse in a dungeon is hella cheesy - how did that get thru QA
I think it had something to do with rafts being allowed to be used in dungeons. Funny thing, most players forget to use their horse mount in dungeons since they aren't used to it. Also you have to use it every time you use a ladder or entrance and you rogues can't hide either.
IGN: 1
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh I'm gunna fix it because pretty sure it was introduced with dungeon rafting
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Might have gotten through as weekly allows it.
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh good point: horses drop on weekly, arguably they shouldn't tho since there is not much of a continent
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Maybe it’s part of weekly charm as some levels read like gargantuan caverns. The horse there is just a lesser magic carpet speed wise. Once you get a carpet the horse is ditched. I think only ship in the bottle fails to work (can’t say I tested it on weekly).
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Keighn wrote:Maybe it’s part of weekly charm as some levels read like gargantuan caverns. The horse there is just a lesser magic carpet speed wise. Once you get a carpet the horse is ditched. I think only ship in the bottle fails to work (can’t say I tested it on weekly).
The carpet is waaaaaay slower than the horse. I used my horse up until I bought a drake mount.
IGN: 1
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I don't plan on removing horse from weekly, just every other dungeon
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

speaking of said carpet, i lost mine on PD when emo died, what's the odds of those ever being sold again? i miss mine.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

wasn't that a bday gift? and why was it on pd? (possibly delivered to pd by choice)
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

eggmceye wrote:wasn't that a bday gift? and why was it on pd? (possibly delivered to pd by choice)
ASFAIK it was 10th birthday gift item, either from stockings or from shoppe. All the gifts from that birthday appear to be soulbound.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

yes. it was a delivery bot option. i chose pd cause i'm pd 4 lyf.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

And ? dead end ? (i wrote more , but i was able to hold myself back)
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

I put some deep thought into this..

You should play a rogue. :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

He should play cards. It’s a coming feature.
Roopert
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Roopert »

I would still like to see an improvement in the ranged department. I will pitch the magic throwing ax from U5 idea till I am blue in the face. :cry: