Engaging the player base (Bartle taxonomy)

Moderator: EUO Moderators

TheOneGuy
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Engaging the player base (Bartle taxonomy)

Post by TheOneGuy »

First off, this thread is not a dig at EUO. I love this game, but it does not actively engage all player types.

This game has all the content you could dream of for explorers and socializes! However, you need all of the player type to make a community really thrive.

Off the top of my head Achievers have the stones, gear, and getting all the ears and Easter eggs.

killers have ... a tourney once every year MAYBE.

My fix for achievers and explorers : Give a small boost for each ear and Easter egg i.e. +1% damage, +1% dodge, +1 MR,+15 int, +1 attack, +hp, or +mana

Killers are harder and the main community that EUO fails to serve. I don't think pvp is the answer.
My KIller fix:

Add several maps or map mods that the player base can compete at my ideas:
  • >Make a scaling map mode for the most iconic maps in the game. Every clear would add a X1 multiplier to the map (2 clears = heroic, 4 clears = epic)
    >Add an endless defense map/maps. The monsters get harder every wave /set of waves and the highest score players and clan are displayed on the armoury
    >Highest Weekly score would give that player(maybe clan) a major boon(dmg,dmg reduction, exp gain, boss chance/item drop)
I would add a gold sink that is super useful (i.e. decent chance for an artifact of enchantment) so that gold has a value again.
  • >Many Killers enjoy dominating the market place this would give them a reason to do that.

I thought the topic of engaging all player types is a discussion that should happen out side of Ideas thread so we dont drown out some really great ideas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartle_ta ... ayer_types
all i want is a test server for maped then ill be happy ...
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Engaging the player base (Bartle taxonomy)

Post by Keighn »

I've known some KILLERS on pvp server. Yeah, sometimes you piss people off esp TROLLS. They are few and far in between but they happen. PVP murderfests... rarely happens.
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

TheOneGuy wrote:Give a small boost for each ear and Easter egg i.e. +1% damage, +1% dodge, +1 MR,+15 int, +1 attack, +hp, or +mana
that's way too much. 1% dmg per ear killed would be like, 50% more fucking damage. i know this is an idea you got going, but maybe 0.20% more dmg. not a lot to really make a difference at first, but if you get them all, that's like 10% more damage. that's still a good chunk.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I actually own the book he wrote about MUDs where he writes (again) about his 4 player types

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designing_Virtual_Worlds