Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Re: Ideas Thread 2017 / 2018

Post by Comet »

Flam Grav would be pretty epic as a finishing spell, like fireball from EftV. At first it won't do so much damage, but as enemies are more and more hurt it starts to do much more damage, doing considerably more damage when the enemy is at low health. Thematically, it would be like this: A priests starts off with greater power word pain, bests his opponents with blessed maces, and then BURN HEATHENS- He starts throwing out flam grav to finish off mobs with half or less health remaining. Thematically, getting killed by Flam Grav does just enough damage to reduce you to zero, not negative. You're not getting hit with a powerful fire attack, instead you're being utterly consumed in a divine fire thanks to your wrongdoings.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I still wanted a powerful bow with FG enchant or a musket with it (Named M203 or Assault Cannon).
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

Maybe suggested already:

I played "real Ultima Online" few years and they did great work with "gold shrink". Idea is to make monster drop gold actually worth of collecting. (I think it annoys players when gold is not worth of collecting)
SO: Lets say there is NPC where player can bribe/donate gold for rewards (These can be for example only decorative stuff at start..but as far as I know that players will love this). This would also fit with "Sacrifice" lore more than better.
Because gold dropping is implemented and it working great... this would be easy way to make new player liked feature in game where nobody looses.. only wins. would greatly health economy.
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

As cap seems be 500 now maybe it is time to push next max item tier one step up?
As weapons +10, Def +8, Stat +40, MR +6, NV +6, Vig +18 etc. etc.

I don't think this will break balance at all because cap is so high? Or will it?
I think its more like to encourages people to do comeback to EUO and also encourages inactive players to hunt more?

As far I know people would love this.. so why no?
Do somebody see where next tier can break game mechanism?

EDIT:
If this ever get kicked in I think Cartography is priority 1 for this. So maybe lvl 16 and 17 maps.
Cartography is nice but pretty "out of date" because of new heroic drops on some maps.

Joke of day:
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Heikki wrote:As cap seems be 500 now maybe it is time to push next max item tier one step up?

I don't think this will break balance at all because cap is so high? Or will it?
I think its more like to encourages people to do comeback to EUO and also encourages inactive players to hunt more?

EDIT:
If this ever get kicked in I think Cartography is priority 1 for this. So maybe lvl 16 and 17 maps.
Cartography is nice but pretty "out of date" because of new heroic drops on some maps.
This seems great if it only applied to epic maps. There is absolutely no reason to do epic maps because you get the same gear from heroic, which you can solo. I love the idea, it promotes party play for difficult content, but it has to be where the most difficult mobs are. You can cheese just about every difficulty BUT epic so i feel like thats probably the best route, and i love the idea.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

I agree. Maybe a few more maps with epic instances too? I'm not sure which ones have it at the moment.

Maybe increasing the strength of sigil drops? I killed a hybrid dragon (pretty sure it was heroic but might be wrong) and it dropped a sigil + 2 vigour. Never been so unsatisfied with a drop before. I know sigils are much worse than normal drops, but that was a huge disappointment. Even at level 1, +2 vigour is worthless.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Azalynn wrote:
Heikki wrote:As cap seems be 500 now maybe it is time to push next max item tier one step up?

EDIT:
This seems great if it only applied to epic maps. There is absolutely no reason to do epic maps because you get the same gear from heroic, which you can solo. I love the idea, it promotes party play for difficult content, but it has to be where the most difficult mobs are. You can cheese just about every difficulty BUT epic so i feel like thats probably the best route, and i love the idea.
Actually there is professonal players in PD that can solo epics...

But yeh... actually I was about to write more to this subject. I do not meant that all heroic dragons/balrons should drop them.

Maybe something like:
Best drop from:
1) All greater mobs in epics have chance for max (Like dragons and balrons)
2) LVL 16 and 17 maps have chance for max
3) Only rare bosses like big ones and double colored dragons on Heroic have chance for max?
4) Maybe super lucky drop in normal map high mobs like balrons (like 1 in 200 drops or 1 in 500 drops)

Question is more like.. Will new drops break game mechanism? I think no? Expecially not in PD lvl 1000.. also I think lvl 500 will ready for this.

There is lot solo players in game so why to force them to partying what they don't like do.

Joke of day:
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Heikki wrote: EDIT:
Honestly. The cartography drop rate is the issue. I understand that increasing the drop rate won't be too viable since we don't want to make it to easy, but instead of additional higher level maps, increasing the range of items found in these map chests. The items found in lv 15 maps could be moved down to lv 14 and allow these higher items to be found in lv 15. No need to add more maps, just re-evaluate the drop strength for the current maps.
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Zilverlight wrote:
Heikki wrote: EDIT:
Honestly. The cartography drop rate is the issue. I understand that increasing the drop rate won't be too viable since we don't want to make it to easy, but instead of additional higher level maps, increasing the range of items found in these map chests. The items found in lv 15 maps could be moved down to lv 14 and allow these higher items to be found in lv 15. No need to add more maps, just re-evaluate the drop strength for the current maps.
Yeh. That would work also... maybe.

... I just fear that people have hoarded hundreds of lvl 15 maps (as me) to their houses. So when "high loot" is kicked in there is lot max items on first day... And I think this is not good.
Last edited by Heikki on Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joke of day:
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Heikki wrote:
Azalynn wrote:

EDIT:
Actually there is professonal players in PD that can solo epics...

But yeh... actually I was about to write more to this subject. I do not meant that all heroic dragons/balrons should drop them.

Maybe something like:
Best drop from:
1) All greater mobs in epics have chance for max (Like dragons and balrons)
2) LVL 16 and 17 maps have chance for max
3) Only rare bosses like big ones and double colored dragons on Heroic have chance for max?
4) Maybe super lucky drop in normal map high mobs like balrons (like 1 in 200 drops or 1 in 500 drops)

Question is more like.. Will new drops break game mechanism? I think no? Expecially not in PD lvl 1000.. also I think lvl 500 will ready for this.

There is lot solo players in game so why to force them to partying what they don't like do.
I didnt say that i couldnt solo epic on Thrall haha but seeing it takes ALOT more time to solo on epic, it has to be worth it for me to want to hunt there. Ever. LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

Yea soloing Epic dragons for +8's isn't fun.
Killing wicked heroic hybrids for vanilla +9 loot is a little demoralizing.

I know this gets brought up every year, but maybe introduce something like paragon levels (diablo 3) to EUO? That would give players that have hit cap, a reason to play their max level character.

I was a big fan of the diablo rift system, maybe implement something like that for EUO?
Townes have an NPC, opens a portal to an instanced randomized "dungeon". As you kill mobs/bosses you build a progress bar. Once the progress bar is met, a "Super" boss spawns (randomized) kill that boss, get loot.
Greater rifts are the same, but you control the difficulty, and they are timed which is interesting and would create some scoreboard potential for difficult fast clears solo/party.

I feel like this will help grinding not being CoS or Ana over and over.
This SHOULD increase the chance decent loot is brought back into the game, vs being in digital vaults of long lost players.

Game is fun as is, just throwing out some ideas that seem to be successful for other games.

Really could dive into this, and do something like POE where I think you gather pieces of a map or something, and can slot it with different affixes to create the "rifts".

TLDR
Look at some other grindy games, and borrow some ideas.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Tink wrote:I know this gets brought up every year, but maybe introduce something like paragon levels (diablo 3) to EUO? That would give players that have hit cap, a reason to play their max level character.

I was a big fan of the diablo rift system, maybe implement something like that for EUO?
Townes have an NPC, opens a portal to an instanced randomized "dungeon". As you kill mobs/bosses you build a progress bar. Once the progress bar is met, a "Super" boss spawns (randomized) kill that boss, get loot.
Greater rifts are the same, but you control the difficulty, and they are timed which is interesting and would create some scoreboard potential for difficult fast clears solo/party.

I feel like this will help grinding not being CoS or Ana over and over.
This SHOULD increase the chance decent loot is brought back into the game, vs being in digital vaults of long lost players.

Game is fun as is, just throwing out some ideas that seem to be successful for other games.

Really could dive into this, and do something like POE where I think you gather pieces of a map or something, and can slot it with different affixes to create the "rifts".

TLDR
Look at some other grindy games, and borrow some ideas.
This. Paragons in D3 are a great idea. Im not gonna lie, both my 1ks have been maxed out on xp for more than a year (which also means i played for 98 levels above 1k on both) and i would love to play on them more. Fantastic idea. Please. :D
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Double Boss Happy Hour - To Cash shoppe. With same rules as XP one.

Joke of day:
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Heikki wrote:Double Boss Happy Hour - To Cash shoppe. With same rules as XP one.
^^^^ This... All kinds of this :D All that money we spent on happy hours, would've gone to this twice over haha!

I'd like to see a named boss somewhere towards the end of Cassandra's Tower with a guaranteed drop. Either a named Phantom at the top, or something. Cassandra's Tower is usually where I send new players to give them an idea of how to play the game, and even in it's lore says "Test young adventurers and show them how to survive" I'd like to see some kind of reward for completing the tower. The drop would only be what they may have found off a random boss (if they encountered one) going up the tower, but it guarantees getting something as a reward and wouldn't really be cheesed as the drop is usually only a +1 weapon/armour or + 6-7 stat item.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Warning!! Long Post! I've made a color coded table of contents to look at specific ideas. Hope it's not too terrible.

1. Title Certificates
2. Immortalizing VIP Players
3. Dwarves' Return
4. Storyline Quests
5. Professional Crafting
6. Radiant Quests

These ideas may have been mentioned before, by myself or anyone, but I have been taking notes lately and wanted to simply post some of the better ideas I had that held a bit more substance. These are in no way complete thoughts or perfected, but I encourage others to read and make comments. The best way to flesh out an idea is for multiple people to come together and offer suggestions and comments for improving it!

Title Certificates

Basically a very simple idea that is already partly in the game:
Currently, players are allowed to purchase a Custom Title with real money. There is a /title command that allows the player to switch between titles they have access to. The idea is to add a few more titles into the game, such as: Upon completion of Leeroy's quest chain sending you to kill the minotaurs of Minotaur Halls, you may acquire the title of "Minotaur Slayer." Many more titles can be added for completing quests, or even more creative ones can be thought up!

This would go a long way to give players a bit more flavor to their characters and allow for more creative biographies. Maybe even a spot on the Character Search page showing what titles they have acquired.

Immortalizing VIP Players

Immortalizing players that have helped in creating EUO and forging the world-state as it is today by bringing them into the game as NPCs. These NPCs could come complete with their own specific questlines.

Among these players, some notable ones could be: Catherine, Lord Montiferus, Voyager, Extell and Kybare. Including players such as Akyla, Neinar and Rusty as well. These are some of the numerous players that have had an impact on bringing to life the game that we love in their own ways. Some of these players are even legends already. I remember seeing Catherine when I first started playing and once I knew who she was, immediately had a sense of awe toward her. Kybare already has his mansion in Bakyre, but it's been quite bare for years now. And Extell's Tower used to be a Kal Por Ylem spot for TONS of players over the years (Maybe not so much now that the portals require addy coins to use.) These players deserve the dedication they already receive, but what better way to make EUO it's own world, than using the uniqueness of the players that helped shape it?

There could be a new town map created (I've started playing around with maped but I'm pretty terrible at it :( ) which houses these players that don't have somewhere else they could be found. This new town could act as a "Forward Camp" of sorts, from which they keep an eye on the world. The mountains just west of Seftonvale seem to be near the exact center of the map. Perhaps even Extell's Tower, with it's portals, could act as a strategic base, allowing the "Heroes of New Sosaria" to keep a close watch on all corners of the world.

Dwarves' Return
EUO Manual wrote:The dwarves' last refuge, Kurzmord'ar, the Dwarven Capital, was overrun by nasties and the dwarves were driven away for some time. However have been returning to new sosaria in dribs and drabs and it is rumoured they are planning a reclamation expedition.
This leaves open a good opportunity for a new addition to EUO. The chance was missed for a "Mega Dwarf Patch" with the race availability for players along with new areas and quests, but it's never to late to expand!

A story unfolds:
A new City is discovered in the Mountains south of Mon Ferrato. This city (some Dwarven name) houses the remnants of the great dwarven race that had escaped Kurzmord'ar when it was invaded. They are now looking for revenge. Inside are NPC Dwarves and shops, selling among the usual, mithril armor or ingots and ore, and maybe new "dwarven" goods.

In addition to this new city, is a new quest line. You may speak with (enter Dwarven name), the King of the Dwarves that remain. He is very insistant that you help him enact revenge upon the monsters that now defile his once home within Kurzmord'ar. He will send you on certain missions to help him achieve this goal. This can include diplomatic missions to Broden's Keep to plea for assistance from Lord Broden himself, missions to slay specific monsters within Kurzmord'ar, or even retrieve a lost heirloom or powerful artifact that could help him win the war.

This also could add an additional quest line with Golwin, whom has now set up residence in Kurzmord'ar. He doesn't intend on giving up his new home, at least not without a fight. He's been fighting off the Ettins and Ogres that have beseiged his parts of Kurzmord'ar for too long, and his efforts will bear fruit. Kurzmord'ar will belong to him! Golwin may send you on a missions asking for outside help as well from Patrick, the mayor of Bakyre, or even missions to sabotage Dwarven expeditions, or just slaying monsters within Kurzmord'ar. However, Golwin's ears may have already caught wind of treachery. Players that have the "Minotaur Slayer" title currently 'equipped' may be ignored completely or may bring unwanted anger from the nearby, usually friendly minotaurs. (until they change their title of course)

This could also add another quest where you must find some way to have peace between the Dwarves and the Minotaurs, or perhaps pick sides, Dwarves or Minotaurs but selecting one prevents the other. (Similar to the vampire factions)

In addition to the new Dwarven City, an underground tunnel map could be created acting as a bridge between Kurzmord'ar and the new city. Along this bridge, many dwarves fight off waves of invading monsters that seek to destroy the last remnants of the Dwarven race! Off of this "bridge" could be additional dungeons into hellish depths or shadow filled pits. Options can be explored.

One of the immortalized Heros of New Sosaria could be affiliated with this quest line and act as a liaison between the Dwarves and the Minotaurs.

This could even bring a new playable race to the table with Minotaurs. Minotaur players completing Leeroy's Minotaur Halls quest may get the title "Minotaur Champion" instead for defeating the other minotaurs in combat. However, race changes my alter this title back to "Slayer!"

Storyline Quests

There happens to remain a sliver of the Shard of Hatred, buried deep underground and defending by ferocious Balrons. However Balrons, already powerful beings in their own rights, are always in search of more power, and being in such close proximity to even a sliver of the Shard of Hatred may have very... disasterous results. Seven Balrons that were guarding the sliver of the Shard of Hatred have managed to, over countless years, siphon energy and power from the Shard through the barrier (Or has simply been in such close proximity to it) that they have become (The Seven Lords of Hatred, Dreadlords, some other cheesy title?) and now threaten to unleash their power upon the continent above. With such a monumental battle in the near future, Catherine, Extell, Kybare and the others are stretched thin and require all the help they can get to fight off these Dreadlords and destroy the Shard of Hatred forever!
Dreadlord Avatar.png
These Dreadlords are bulkier than their balron brothers. (Pardon the crappy customization. I'm terrible with avatars)
This could play a major role in story development and thus could have multiple Heroes of New Sosaria leading the player through this quest. Having a command point at the center of the world gives them good clairvoyance of the unseen and possible futures all over New Sosaria. Enough that they could discern the locations of possible threats from such Dreadlords, and the locations of weapons or artifacts that may aid in the destruction of such monsters.

Deep under OgreTown lie the horrid remnants of a vast and terrible battle. It is at the site of this battle that you may come across the remains of Phanvia, the first Vampire to ever live. However, we all know how the stories go. I mean, vampires from an ancient, long forgotten past and thought to be dead all this time? When does that ever prove to be true? Phanvia is no exception to this "twist that isn't really a twist anymore" and she's back for more than just blood. She has a personal vengeance to fulfill: wiping all virtue from this reality. No longer will Paladins vanquish "unholy" monsters in the name of Honor, or Knights fight for Courage or Valor. (Or she could just want to conquer the world... you know, the whole "Ultimate Ruler" thing.)

This could be another possible major story quest line that can unfold with the aid of the Heroes of New Sosaria.

There are numerous ideas that can be gathered for story-driven quest lines to bring to EUO. I'm sure there are others that would love to aid in this effort as well.

Professional Crafting

Upon reaching 100 in a craft, a player may be able to craft "Masterwork" items. Starting with a 5% chance or so. Any time an item is crafted by that skill, the player has a 5% chance the finished product will be of "Masterwork" quality. This item will enhance whatever enchantments are on that item. IE: A Dagger +9 would essentially be a Dagger +10 (9*.1 = 9.9) or Necklace +30 Str will now become a Necklace +33 Str. These items would require no additional level req since it is still essentially a +30, which would make them more valuable and give further use for crafting. Also, when reaching lv 100 in a craft, the player will begin a sort of "Apprenticeship" for becoming a True Master of his craft. There could be a Master Weaponsmith in Cammeratta that will request you make for him multiple specific items. For instance, a Blackrock Labrys + 7, followed by Addled Neko De + 6. If you incororate "Masterwork" as a modifier for items created by crafting, he could demand all items to be of Masterwork quality (so that you simply cannot find them while hunting)

Once completing his Masterwork Questline. You are awarded an additional 5% chance of crafting Masterwork items. He could also pay in experience and gold for high end masterwork items in a repeatable gathering quest.

Radiant Quests

Anyone who's played a Bethesda game recently knows about radiant quests. The random appearance of a handwritten letter saying "We've taken your wife. If you want her back, come to Shimmermist Cave with 500 gold pieces!"

Maybe something of this nature could be implemented into EUO? Not the kidnapping part, but random quests from random NPCs to enter a random dungeon and slay a randomized mob that is spawned upon activation of the quest? The quest might could be available for 24 hours. After which, the mob and NPC will remain available for an additional 1-2 hours in case someone just started the quest and is currently hunting for the monster.

I really hope these ideas spark conversations between everyone. As a small community, we need to work harder to make ideas come to life, but those ideas better serve a community that brings up any concern or idea for improvement!

I hope the thread wasn't too lengthy. Thank you for taking time to read my ideas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Semi loaned idea from Ultima Online (For gold shrink and for guild teaming)

Player can give/bribe/contribute gold for city NPC heralds.
NPC give buff that last week for EVERY memeber in player guild.

Like 200.000gp in Izumi gives 5% XP boost
or
200.000gp in Nord gives 5% INT boost
or
200.000gp in Dryden gives 5% STR boost

Joke of day:
TheOneGuy
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by TheOneGuy »

Zilverlight wrote:
Dwarves' Return
EUO Manual wrote:The dwarves' last refuge, Kurzmord'ar, the Dwarven Capital, was overrun by nasties and the dwarves were driven away for some time. However have been returning to new sosaria in dribs and drabs and it is rumoured they are planning a reclamation expedition.
This leaves open a good opportunity for a new addition to EUO. The chance was missed for a "Mega Dwarf Patch" with the race availability for players along with new areas and quests, but it's never to late to expand!

This could actually be really cool I would be down to do the avatars. And I would love an endless defense mode fighting on a dwarven bridge!
all i want is a test server for maped then ill be happy ...
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

TheOneGuy wrote: This could actually be really cool I would be down to do the avatars. And I would love an endless defense mode fighting on a dwarven bridge!
I'd love to see some of the avatars you come up with! I know we have a number of dwarf ones for players, but some new ones with weapons and shields would be awesome! I might could make a few myself. I'm not terrible with recoloring or adding minor things.

We do already have a defend the keep, but since it's been out, I can count on one hand the amount of times I've heard of, or been included in, people using it.

Actually having something where you can choose a difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard) and fight random monsters that spawn and charge down the bridge would be better, I think. The monsters could be taken from the Gauntlet difficulties.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Lift or reduce restrictions on dual-classing. Allow humans to dual class without use of Shrine of Verse. Maybe scaling with level.