Ideas Thread 2018

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Sarge
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Re: Ideas Thread 2017 / 2018

Post by Sarge »

LaughingCoyote wrote:Level requirements could probably be reworked without having to rebalance the entire game, since its independent of combat/damage etc. Give all the craftable tints a level requirement multiplier on +AS, with plain at 0.1x say. So a plain long sword +9's level requirement would be 0.5 x 117 = 59 (rounded up)

plain = 0.5
gold = 0.5
silver = 0.6
copper = 0.7
runed = 0.7
addled = 0.8
venomous = 0.8
blackrock = 0.9
vampyric, adamantium, glass, crystal, mithril, barbed, diamond, steel = 1.0

You would see lower level chars rocking copper or runed +8 weps more, which gives them a use and better weapon level req progression, and make plain +stat items more useful.

P.S. NG should get weekend server bonuses as well, now that its FOTM.
Principally I think that is a fantastic idea.
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Expand the Ikea shop.

Gold coin: Secret wall tiles for the basic wall colors.

Addy Coin: Blue and Green carpet.
Aqua and Gray floor tiles.
Remove the blood and moss wall and replace them with the blood and moss item. So we can put them over any wall color we choose.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Eh.... get an addy+9 or 10 item and all is right. Tints have always been the sought items. There’s legendary power in the tint where the +item is a mundane vanilla wafer. I hardly see the problem. Plenty of tints don’t add damage modifiers and can be more wanted than damage amplifiers (vampyric, venomous, addled, runed, barbed, etc). A + and level req isn’t a big deal Imho. If it’s bothersome then there is ng server where levels never come to play.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Keighn wrote:Eh.... get an addy+9 or 10 item and all is right. Tints have always been the sought items. There’s legendary power in the tint where the +item is a mundane vanilla wafer. I hardly see the problem. Plenty of tints don’t add damage modifiers and can be more wanted than damage amplifiers (vampyric, venomous, addled, runed, barbed, etc). A + and level req isn’t a big deal Imho. If it’s bothersome then there is ng server where levels never come to play.
I don't mean for this to sound rude, but if you're hardly seeing the problem then you're honestly not seeing the problem at all.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

Onyxt wrote:Expand the Ikea shop.

Remove the blood and moss wall and replace them with the blood and moss item. So we can put them over any wall color we choose.
+9234958273846509283752387450298364287340517029856128457298375029387028756
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Sarge wrote:The level requirement difference between the two is a clear indicator of how imbalanced this is.
the level req formula is probably wrong and we already know the pricing formula is wrong - they are actually related and share code
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

Hmm... Still I don't see the problem.
Consider tints as rare, epic or legendary gear.
So why wouldn't a legendary or epic weapon of a lower lvl be better than a normal weapon of a higher lvl?
Ofcourse there are limits.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

there isn't a problem other than that someone has it firmly in their mind that the lvl req/sell price should be the primary indicator of an item's value and they are probably right

we are all used to it and haven't been perturbed by it
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Onyxt wrote:Expand the Ikea shop.

the mad thing about ikea now is how the buy window shows the tile you are buying - I did not know that particular improvement was made and how easy it makes it to add new tiles for sale :aus:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

another cool thing i rediscovered is you can make log walls with woodcrafting

actually almost makes me want to make a new account LOTL PD and play total survival mode
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

eggmceye wrote:another cool thing i rediscovered is you can make log walls with woodcrafting

actually almost makes me want to make a new account LOTL PD and play total survival mode
Is this stuff that you did and forgot, or stuff someone else did and you forgot? :D
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Someone would have posted about log walls in years past and I woulda implemented it. I forget heaps of shit
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:another cool thing i rediscovered is you can make log walls with woodcrafting

A server that is a barren land with no cities and is entirely built by players with harvested materials sounds even better
IGN: 1
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I probably don’t see the problem because I never sell tints or anything over +1 and even then that’s rare as I’m a billionaire on PD.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

1[WoWz] wrote:

A server that is a barren land with no cities and is entirely built by players with harvested materials sounds even better
i been thinking abt that for a long time
also thinking abt the last man standing pvp server too

there is so much potential, all i need is enthusiasm and time :psychotic:
Kynt
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Kynt »

1[WoWz] wrote:A server that is a barren land with no cities and is entirely built by players with harvested materials sounds even better
This give me the idea of EUO modded into a survival game, which sounds like an interesting concept. Perhaps the good ol' "stranded in an island" where you wash up in a shore and must survive on your own gathering resources, hunting animals for food, etc. :roll:
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

1[WoWz] wrote:A server that is a barren land with no cities and is entirely built by players with harvested materials sounds even better
You might enjoy Haven and Hearth.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

Kynt wrote:
This give me the idea of EUO modded into a survival game, which sounds like an interesting concept. Perhaps the good ol' "stranded in an island" where you wash up in a shore and must survive on your own gathering resources, hunting animals for food, etc. :roll:

aka: lotl.
eggmceye wrote:

EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

newbie merchants (ie. nord, izumi, mon fer, ect.) sell items up to +3 atk, +15 stat, +3 mr/nv, +4 def (same things you can get from dipping in fountains)

this would help people trying to craft (and be a gold sink) as well as be good for newbies to get low level shit.
eggmceye wrote:

LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Magic Mirrors should be added to weekly, although possibly without the glow - random mirrors either give you "feeling cute" or an evil clone, or nothing.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D