Ideas Thread 2018

Moderator: EUO Moderators

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: Ideas Thread 2017 / 2018

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Can we remove some of the difficult to find monsters from the statue/boss hunt? Phoenix Egg needs to go for sure. There are some other ones are pretty difficult: mimic, water daemon, turkey, evil lord, succubus, and u4 lich (mostly because there isn't a place that has a lot of these, well there might be with some of the newer maps).

Here is a list of possible statue/boss hunt monsters.
  • -- 215: hydra
    -- 216: green dragon
    -- 219: daemon
    -- 220: balron
    -- 22c: fire dragon
    -- 22d: blue dragon
    -- 230: red dragon
    -- 231: white dragon
    -- 234: black dragon
    -- 23a: shadowlord
    -- 23f: mimic
    -- 241: water daemon
    -- 24f: turkey
    -- 258: shadow mage
    -- 259: shadow warrior
    -- 25b: skeletal dragon
    -- 25c: zombie dragon
    -- 25d: drake
    -- 25e: devil
    -- 25f: spectral reaper
    -- 262: crab
    -- 267: evil lord
    -- 26e: succubus
    -- 29a: demi lich
    -- 29f: fire golem
    -- 2a4: admantium zorn
    -- 2a5: phoenix egg
    -- 2a8: sword golem
    -- 2a9: ancient vampire
    -- 2ab: nightmare
    -- 2ad: mothra
    -- 2ae: ice dragon
    -- 2b1: nox mephit
    -- 2f0: u4 lich
    -- 324: fiery fox
    -- 348: blood mage
    -- 349: blood warrior
    -- 34a: blood lord
    -- 34b: blood drake
    -- 34c: blood dragon
    -- 34d: blood hydra
    -- 34f: blood wyvern
    -- 350: blood golem
    -- 355: shadow dragon
    -- 356: shadow imp
    -- 357: shadow daemon
    -- 358: evil bunny
    -- 359: fire daemon
IGN: 1
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

that phoenix egg is a fun one. xD kill angela and petrify her egg before she returns. i just did this twice on PD yesterday. hahahaha

now... for the boss guy. yeah. that's a shit one. the u4 lich is a hi boss on PD today. in all the maps i've thought to look through, i've only found like 6 total and none have been bosses. i do agree that some of those should be removed for the boss quest. but for the statues, some of those are just fun. haha

speaking of boss quests. Nord is getting kinda congested with bastards just standing around. can we move him and/or diamond guy to izumi, or somewhere else?
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

EmoMage wrote:that phoenix egg is a fun one. xD kill angela and petrify her egg before she returns. i just did this twice on PD yesterday. hahahaha

now... for the boss guy. yeah. that's a shit one. the u4 lich is a hi boss on PD today. in all the maps i've thought to look through, i've only found like 6 total and none have been bosses. i do agree that some of those should be removed for the boss quest. but for the statues, some of those are just fun. haha

speaking of boss quests. Nord is getting kinda congested with bastards just standing around. can we move him and/or diamond guy to izumi, or somewhere else?
Maybe make the betting arena the daily quest hub? Rename it to something.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

yassss. i love all the additions and shit. i'm not complaining about that, just nord seems to be a hub (as it should be, really) and it's just getting congested. betting ring would be nice. i forgot about it, since it never gets used anymore. Statue Quest queer, Scav Hunt hoss, Boss bastard, Pawn Store stiff, eggs goodies guy, and diamond dude could all be relocated to betting ring in a setup that resembles the middle of bartertown. i like that idea. :D
eggmceye wrote:

Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Increase the hp gain from the vitality shrine to +15 hp.

Change the perk from the sagacity shrine to increase spell damage by 2% per level up, cap it at like 20%.

Those two changes could help out both necros and mages.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

I don't know why every keeps acting like necros are in such a bad place. Mines around 260 and the DPS is good now that I've realized how great hexblades are. They're a little more tanky than mages and a the trade off is that they're a little less versitile. HoB does about 112 per tick and hexblades the same. I'm about to hit 90 so I haven't tested the specials yet but I'm not disappointed so far.

They could use some quality of life improvements.
- HoB duration and cooldown should be reduced a second or 2. The spell can often Outlast any fighting in that area, which is just unnecessary server lag. Casting it more frequently is no big deal.
-soul siphon doesn't always end when the mob dies.
- there should be a 2 second delay when you ready from death ward. Enough time to try and rest out of AoE range.
-many bone crafting items are meh compared to their countparts. Especially pots. Maybe boost the pots effectiveness based on Necro skill?
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

Eclips wrote: - HoB duration and cooldown should be reduced a second or 2. The spell can often Outlast any fighting in that area, which is just unnecessary server lag. Casting it more frequently is no big deal.
What about having the bone hail automatically cease when there aren't any monsters it's in effective area?
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

Eclips good points, but what are you hunting?
After the HoB fix, we essentially do the same thing, cant hunt anything above a heroic red dragon and we're a lot less efficient at doing so.

-I feel like damage scaling for necros is poor, hob being a prime example of that. The damage has hardly went up in 200 levels.
More on HOB, it feels clunky, and I completely agree with lessening the CD again, it really slows down the gameplay having to wait for it to come off cd, and watching it rain down on an area with no mobs left.
-We have more hp than mages, but we're still not able to take a hit.
-Spell CD's are super long, and regardless of tint, doesn't change. (not that I seem to be able to use anything but vamp if i want to live)

Necro Monk, level 385 for reference.
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

I don't really hunt solo so maybe that's it. But I also don't think late game is meant to be soloed. Sure classes can, eclips can solo hunt everything except a few scripted bosses but its also slower going.

Maybe the damage doesn't scale as well late game but right now HoB and acid wind while someone tanks a 4 mobs is about 1300 damage every second or every other second. Seems ok to me.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Time to fix some shit

•Allow dodging/blocking of spells for PVE but not pvp. Now def and dex are useful.

• Double the effectiveness of magic resistance for spell duration but not damage reduction in PVP. Now mage status spells aren’t OP in PvP but their damage is still great.

•Make Backstab never fail in PvP at 100 stealth but give it reducing damage akin to IJO after every use on the same target. Remains same in PvE. Now rogues have great burst, but drop off over time.

•Allow monks to use throat strike for no rage. Longer cool down. Now monks can actually fight casters.

•Cap the hp bonus from bone gear where it is for non necromancers. Make Bone legs and boots craftable. Now necros can gain a little more hp, bone wands aren’t OP, and non necromancers have variety.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

Mackey wrote:Time to fix some shit

•Allow dodging/blocking of spells for PVE but not pvp. Now def and dex are useful.

• Double the effectiveness of magic resistance for spell duration but not damage reduction in PVP. Now mage status spells aren’t OP in PvP but their damage is still great.

•Make Backstab never fail in PvP at 100 stealth but give it reducing damage akin to IJO after every use on the same target. Remains same in PvE. Now rogues have great burst, but drop off over time.

•Allow monks to use throat strike for no rage. Longer cool down. Now monks can actually fight casters.

•Cap the hp bonus from bone gear where it is for non necromancers. Make Bone legs and boots craftable. Now necros can gain a little more hp, bone wands aren’t OP, and non necromancers have variety.
This... +1
eggmceye wrote:

LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Mackey wrote: •Allow monks to use throat strike for no rage. Longer cool down. Now monks can actually fight casters.

1) Monks can never fight casters PvP. Its called a spiked collar.
2) People keep forgetting that bone gloves arent craftable either.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

show me one caster (right now) that is using a spiked collar and not a bone neck a/s item.

i'll wait.
eggmceye wrote:

Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

Carc... :roll:
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

EmoMage wrote:show me one caster (right now) that is using a spiked collar and not a bone neck a/s item.

i'll wait.
Um. Im using a patricks spiked collar...
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

Im using my silver estorraths carcenet
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

EmoMage wrote:
Mackey wrote:Time to fix some shit

This... +1
I like all of this, but I say just reduce the duration of some spells in pvp (sleep, xj) rather than doubling MR effectiveness. Same outcome, without a silly "but if its pvp, its better" rule.

Everything else is great!
Last edited by CinisterD on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

Bone has recently become controversial.

So lets fix it

Each bone item gives 50 hp, not a percentage.

Theres what, like 10 slots? Make it max at 500 HP.

This way the %hp buff isnt insane for fighters (250 hp unless they dual class) , and will help mages, rogues, and necros more.

Then for non necros is 25 hp (caps at 250)
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Still more nerfs. Why not buff other tints instead of nerfing bone? Obviously the people bitching about bone don’t know what they’re talking about, but let’s turn this into an opportunity to showcase what tints need buffing instead of just nerfing anything that babies Bitch about because they can’t/don’t have it or know how to use it.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Mackey wrote:Still more nerfs. Why not buff other tints instead of nerfing bone?
I agree, there is little reason to use some of the tints. I broke down the armor tints below. Some ideas for new buffs: +physical damage, +magic damage, +regen (let it stack), etc.

Plain: No reason to use this is you have access to something else.
Steel: Nothing but fodder for crafting.
Copper: Lightweight and a little defense isn't great.
Silver: Would be decent if there were high level undead maps.
Blackrock: Gives good defense but that doesn't help much.
Adamantium: Best of the defense titns but defense is less important than HP and MR.

Gold: This one is good if you don't like casting VL, using your prism, or getting NV from somewhere else, useless for rogues.

Crystal: A great tint that gives MR based on defense of the item, works well on otherwise subpar artifacts.
Mithril: Same as Crystal but for dwarves, really makes a dwarf able to put together a budget armor set on the cheap.
Glass: Another great tint that has a chance to reflect damage back at the attacker, great for mobs harder than heroic dragons or low MR builds.
Bone: Probably the best tint but only because HP is the best stat (better than MR).
IGN: 1