Ideas Thread 2018

Moderator: EUO Moderators

SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Re: Ideas Thread 2017 / 2018

Post by SanJorge »

How about Manashield , you take damage on mana 1st instead of HP, 1:2 mana to damage ratio maybe. That could help pure mage/sorcerers going high int/vig , no need for str or dex.

Edit : It might need a min. mana where it turns off, like at 10% of max mana left it should turn off and or used like a stance.
Last edited by SanJorge on Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

eggmceye wrote:I'm thinking about doing a new character creation screen ... with more options, explanations, lore. .. maybe even pictures. The current one is pretty unimpressive.
Is there a way to incorporate that into newbie island? Maybe select name and race (and avatar) on create screen and then start at a map with an NPC of each class/specialization that give explanation of class.

Scrap individual starting class skill and give all 30% and starting gear (e.g. Shortswords, foils, ranged, stealth, locks, traps 30% and starting with a shortsword, a main gauche, a kryss, and a short bow).
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

eggmceye wrote: the closest I've seen to viable nuggets of ideas
* improve mr cleave
This doesn't help mages alone does it? I could see this helping necros, and potentially druids too. Just trying to follow your train of thought on this.

Going to really sit down and think of solid ideas before presenting them. I throw out ideas because none of them seem to stick. I could see how you think I'm whining, but I'm just trying to help. (Making all around changes was my way of showing I'm not just in it for myself)

I really appreciate the chance to make some changes! Honestly this all stems from magic immune mobs. If this changed when instances came out, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. This is a good place to start as far as changes go.
Last edited by CinisterD on Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

Hitting the drawing board, and will get back to you!
Last edited by CinisterD on Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
DUTCHMAN
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by DUTCHMAN »

A non mage player suggests/openly admits that somethings wrong with mages. Then you tell other people to stop being whiney and to stop playing the game for a decade....thats good....

Guess its just not an "American" thing to be rude to your paying customers.

Btw this I will never play mage but im still an advocate for change
DUTCHMAN
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by DUTCHMAN »

Also im done reading this bull s**t. There is no point to post ideas if the "lord of everything" just pisses on his players...completely asinine
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

- Make Staffs a mage weapon skill, put them to 100% int for damage ratio. Also allow enchants on staffs to work with mage spell casting. Make MR cleave a ranged special.

- Add buffs to some spells. 10% casting speed buff to EU. Mobs that are XJ'd take more damage than they already do (does XJ lower a mobs MR, would that fix the heroic map problem?)

- Increase the quality of the KXC and KVX summons. Up to shadow mobs, so can summon shadow daemons and dragons.

I cant say I'm a mage expert or anything. So I dont know how much these would help (not advocating for these to be the changes either). Just throwing out ideas.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

DUTCHMAN wrote:Also im done reading this bull s**t. There is no point to post ideas if the "lord of everything" just pisses on his players...completely asinine
Pretty funny how you're all smart and sensitive and shit now after shitting on me in discord. So this pretense of being such a great poster and thinker is totally false.

Cind and most other people I am actually sorry to have offended. I have a history of calling mages whiney (lookit up) but for some things my memory is longer than others. Note also that I did not shut down beefing mages, so that should inform your reactions. The 10 years thing was a ref to me being slow and doing revamps, not to fucking leave Dutchman you fucking dumbass.

Mages prob just need more hp and some spell equal to hob.
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

No one read my Idea ? MANA SHIELD !! (my variant was prolly complicated , it can be adjusted)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'd rather some sort of new wand weapon for mage weapons TBH. Maybe something with a small range like 1-3 squares.

Whao.... take a day off to go to the doctor and I missed something. Had to scroll up a minute there.

Honestly, no reason for players to take a "GAME" so seriously. It is FREE and one hell of a romp. It does what it does WELL. Very well. A different universe, different rules, DIFFERENT.

Man, maybe I took too much time off or something. Wish I knew some good artists. One could hit up deviant art or some of the other art sites and see if someone wants to put their practice out there on a game. Writing up a little character creation backstory shouldn't be too difficult (I'd probably look at older game examples and look for short and sweet since no one wants to read a novel before playing... AHEM STONEKEEP!!)
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

SanJorge wrote:How about Manashield , you take damage on mana 1st instead of HP, 1:2 mana to damage ratio maybe. That could help pure mage/sorcerers going high int/vig , no need for str or dex.

Edit : It might need a min. mana where it turns off, like at 10% of max mana left it should turn off and or used like a stance.
This is actually a jumping off point. (Egg it isnt an idea yet, let us hash this out first).

The idea of taking 2x damage out of your mana pool, before your hp is awesome.

EX. I do a "mage stance" and take 500 damage from a mob, it drains 1000 mana. If I hit 0 mana, it then takes away from my hp.

Its a magic tank stance. Maybe add slower casting/decreased damage as a downside?

You could also do an offensive variant where you do 2x dmg for double mana use.

Also, you would have to watch out for a double heal cheese (i use a blue pot to restore mana, and can yellow pot within 7 second if i fall to 0 mana).

This adds a huge new variant to mage playstyles (Tank mage, normal [no stance], and uber glass cannon mage), and fixes the hp problem in one shot.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Mana ball mage tank stance is as good as more hp and sounds like a simple interesting fix.but Imagine the vig and Mana pool so high they become invincible. Just what a mage always wanted
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

eggmceye wrote:Mana ball mage tank stance is as good as more hp and sounds like a simple interesting fix.but Imagine the vig and Mana pool so high they become invincible. Just what a mage always wanted
Thats a REALLY valid point. I didn't even think about vig.

More HP would likely be the way then.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yet some how the mana ball tank stance is more intriguing than simply a gift of more hp - how mechanically could "mawr hp" be done anyway without bumping everyone's hp? surely the vig thing could be tweaked such that it all balances out
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

Onyxt wrote:- Make Staffs a mage weapon skill, put them to 100% int for damage ratio. Also allow enchants on staffs to work with mage spell casting. Make MR cleave a ranged special.
I love the idea of MR cleave being ranged. I also think spells should trigger enchants, just maybe not at the same rate as a melee wep (maybe 1/2?). The staff doing damage off of int sounds awesome, but I worry it may make mages too good offensively. Then they have great physical power, and magic to boot.
Onyxt wrote:- Add buffs to some spells. 10% casting speed buff to EU. Mobs that are XJ'd take more damage than they already do (does XJ lower a mobs MR, would that fix the heroic map problem?)
The issue is that the heroic mobs in question would be immune to XJ. They're immune to any magic at all, even when MR cleaved.
Onyxt wrote:- Increase the quality of the KXC and KVX summons. Up to shadow mobs, so can summon shadow daemons and dragons.
I like this.
Onyxt wrote:I cant say I'm a mage expert or anything. So I dont know how much these would help (not advocating for these to be the changes either). Just throwing out ideas.
You dont have to main a mage to have an opinion! I love that you're getting involved!
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

eggmceye wrote:yet some how the mana ball tank stance is more intriguing than simply a gift of more hp - how mechanically could "mawr hp" be done anyway without bumping everyone's hp? surely the vig thing could be tweaked such that it all balances out
Maybe during this "stance" you become immune to vigor?
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

Physical (blunt,piercing,slashing) attacks wont hit mana shield maybe and hit direct HP, better for PVP .
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

SanJorge wrote:Physical (blunt,piercing,slashing) attacks wont hit mana shield maybe and hit direct HP, better for PVP .
So the "mana shield" only blocks magic damage? I agree it would be better for PVP. That or maybe make the spell invalid for PVP (theres a few that dont work against irl players).
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

just quoting my self from an email I wrote in the last hour, re magic immunity:

... magic immune mobs really shouldn't be a thing at all. I think some are meant to be eg shadowlords, but suspect some heroic etal might not even be vuln to Mana cleave etc, right? That would be an oversight of the mob scaling func which bumps the Mr > 10k which makes them immune.
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

eggmceye wrote:just quoting my self from an email I wrote in the last hour, re magic immunity:

... magic immune mobs really shouldn't be a thing at all. I think some are meant to be eg shadowlords, but suspect some heroic etal might not even be vuln to Mana cleave etc, right? That would be an oversight of the mob scaling func which bumps the Mr > 10k which makes them immune.
Oh. So It was a bug of sorts. I was always under the impression it was intentional by design.

For clarification - yeah, there are mobs that you can mana cleave, and you still cant harm them.