Ideas Thread 2018

Moderator: EUO Moderators

CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Re: Ideas Thread 2017 / 2018

Post by CinisterD »

LaughingCoyote wrote:I think its because mage spells dont scale that well at that end - without a MR breaking spell like HoB its really difficult to be pure mage. XC is too slow to dps well against high heroic+ level mobs.

On the other hand if you are willing to invest 50 levels in HP mages arent that squishy. It sucks, but even on my necro 50 levels of HP meant a huge amount of survivability.
I know there's been some some back and forth about this, recently, and think this is a good observation to point out. No class should have to invest 50 levels into HP just to be able to fight heroic mobs.

I've said it, nearly half a dozen others have said it now too. NOT that mages are bad; in some ways they can be the best class in the game. The issue is that mages simply cannot handle end game content.

I think we should give some serious thought to a few tweaks to make everyone happy.

Starting ideas:

Increase HP gained per level. For everyone. Even 1 more point per level is game changing for mages/rogues.

Reduce MR in heroic and Epic maps. (At least make them non magic immune).

More bone clothing (all weight types)

MR Cleave drops MR to 0, not halved.

Stronger Pets that can handle instances.

Half dozen magery/sorcery spells you could either combine or cut and replace (polymorph could become exclusively a druid thing if mages had a different physical offensive spell, for starters).

An honest effort as a community to push the game for recruitment. More players means easier heroic/epic runs. One or two people doing this alone won't help.

(Single selfish suggestion) If Druids will have better control over staves than mages. Maybe we can think about a mage exclusive weapon?
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

CinisterD wrote:
LaughingCoyote wrote: (Single selfish suggestion) If Druids will have better control over staves than mages. Maybe we can think about a mage exclusive weapon?
Make staves two-handed and give mages Wands, one-handed with faster casting. Can be used with orbs/shields.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

Mackey wrote:
CinisterD wrote: (Single selfish suggestion) If Druids will have better control over staves than mages. Maybe we can think about a mage exclusive weapon?
Make staves two-handed and give mages Wands, one-handed with faster casting. Can be used with orbs/shields.
YAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Yeah, well I'm 200+ levels on Ruez's Kaladin, and he can tank heroic dragons better than I can with 50+ levels in HP. Tanking stance is op. Personally I dont mind it that much, I like the different roles of mage and fighter and rogue etc. I would like a buffed MR cleave though. Atm its totally useless.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Allow us to deconstruct enchanted weapons to get Enchanted Fragments to make Essence of (whatever enchant) to apply to weapons similar to how vermilion works. It would make use of all the untouched enchants sitting around and it'd stimulate the economy a bit. Have the requirements to use the essence be the same as mythic, be a grand master in all skills.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

eggmceye wrote:
Keighn wrote: Sun:gold:fire
Moon:cold:silver
copper:shocking
Death:bone:vampyric
Void:shadow:blackrock
dunno about the rest of it but these words look interesting
Part of it made me think of VOT and the puzzles and the rest just mythology.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I also thought you could charge with most weapons.
ZUPS!!!!
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Onyxt wrote:Allow us to deconstruct enchanted weapons to get Enchanted Fragments to make Essence of (whatever enchant) to apply to weapons similar to how vermilion works. It would make use of all the untouched enchants sitting around and it'd stimulate the economy a bit. Have the requirements to use the essence be the same as mythic, be a grand master in all skills.
Personally I think all the crafting restrictions is bunk these days. Unless newish players find an arty, its pretty much a gift economy between oldish players and new, and then trade among old players with hoards. Removing them would even up item wealth between older players and new, and reward newish players for GMing crafting skills. At the moment the only real reward is to mythic your own items.

There is no reason why VIG and NV items shouldn't be craftable. By the time you can wear a NV+5 item, you probably wont need it.

Ditto tint restrictions. Other than vampyric and glass. At high levels I suspect copper and adamantium weapons are interchangeable, but you can craft one and not the other. Thematically it makes sense, but otherwise.

I also suspect you'd see a lot more variety in weapons used if people could make say, addled enchanted weps. At the moment, its what? 90% vampyric?
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Depends on the player. I don't mind the restrictions as there is plenty of ways to get crafting up esp with polypiling. I would love construction of enchants. Hell, i wouldn't mind construction of tnts as well but the enchants would be MAJOR. Grinding you can find plenty of tints. Only weapon thats a mega bitch is tinted muskets but oh well.

More searchables would be cool. Maybe i should make some weapons, armor, and crate/box graphics.

Weekly has cool searchables but some would need some toning down for reg/pd/ng servers.
DUTCHMAN
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by DUTCHMAN »

CinisterD wrote:
LaughingCoyote wrote:
Starting ideas:

Increase HP gained per level. For everyone. Even 1 more point per level is game changing for mages/rogues.

Reduce MR in heroic and Epic maps. (At least make them non magic immune).

More bone clothing (all weight types)

MR Cleave drops MR to 0, not halved.

Stronger Pets that can handle instances.

Half dozen magery/sorcery spells you could either combine or cut and replace (polymorph could become exclusively a druid thing if mages had a different physical offensive spell, for starters).

An honest effort as a community to push the game for recruitment. More players means easier heroic/epic runs. One or two people doing this alone won't help.

(Single selfish suggestion) If Druids will have better control over staves than mages. Maybe we can think about a mage exclusive weapon?
these sounds awesome for EVERYONE.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

SanJorge wrote:
updated Kensei subclass:

- no Berserk stance
- you get the Alber stance

in Alber stance:
- gets 1 AS/dmg for every 20 dex
- 20% counter attack chance for every dodge , counter has high critical chance.
- needs a fighter weapon equipped
edit: - no shield in stance allowed , you wont dodge anyway

Advantage : better dualclassing with Rogue , maybe good with enchant or aspect wich triggers with counters.
Disadvantage : no tanking like regular fighters, shield would reduce counter chance . no berserker.
hmmm: stances that enhance dualclassing. good concept
new Knight class:

that is a bit different , you get 3 or more armor items of same tint some (5% per item)of your def will be added to a resistance.

- gold for cold
- silver for vampiric
- copper for electric
- blackrock for clone
- adamantium for sleep

- 5% more def on a horse
edit: - 5% less walking speed (get a horse)

no berserk stance , i fear it will be OP together.
I'm not really into knights but resistances based on sets of tints (using keighn's revisions) seems like an ok idea
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

nominate 3 things (that I agree with) that would help mages late game and I'll add them, and whiny mages can go back under their rock for another 10 years. also read this thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5356 - it has excellent class analysis

I haven't seen many real ideas posted for them that would actually help mages exclusively. any idea that helps all classes (eg hp gain, bone items, more players!) does not help mages (in the event there is even more content added).

faster casting will not help mages later on: doesn't fix squishiness and also makes them even faster clear early.

the closest I've seen to viable nuggets of ideas
* reduce heroic+ mr
* improve mr cleave
* a spell or two that scales better
* increase mage hp somehow (w/o the 50 levels thingy)

ps: gut feeling is rogues need more attention than mages
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

eggmceye wrote:nominate 3 things (that I agree with) that would help mages late game and I'll add them, and whiny mages can go back under their rock for another 10 years. also read this thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5356 - it has excellent class analysis

I haven't seen many real ideas posted for them that would actually help mages exclusively. any idea that helps all classes (eg hp gain, bone items, more players!) does not help mages (in the event there is even more content added).

faster casting will not help mages later on: doesn't fix squishiness and also makes them even faster clear early.

the closest I've seen to viable nuggets of ideas
* reduce heroic+ mr
* improve mr cleave
* a spell or two that scales better
* increase mage hp somehow (w/o the 50 levels thingy)

ps: gut feeling is rogues need more attention than mages
So I've mained on a rogue for a long time now, and i personally think rogues are fine. Maybe add a few quality of life changes. I posted these in the ideas thread a bit ago:
Nox Wis - Coats rogue weapons in poison for 5 minutes. Similar to snake aspect for monks. Requires shortswords, foils, and ranged at 100.

Quas Sanct - A vanish in smoke ability thats usable once every 10 minutes. Requires 100 stealth.
Maybe allow off handing a foil while you have a shortsword in your main hand. Would give more combos to people out there that have foils they dont normally use.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

thank you for your patience :ymca:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

it kinda stinks a bit that the blueprints you can buy for xtal coins req such high crafting skill to use
CumfartPrincess
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by CumfartPrincess »

Onyxt wrote:
eggmceye wrote:ps: gut feeling is rogues need more attention than mages
So I've mained on a rogue for a long time now, and i personally think rogues are fine...
I agree with Seph. However, I'd love to hear what you had in mind regarding rogues, egg.
Aliens have been watching over our existence for longer than we can even comprehend. All for one reason. To eat ass.
-Sparcmac
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

seph's 2 simple ideas are fine and I trust his suggestions
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

Not sure if I should bring this up now, but I've always wanted to make an epic swashbuckler hero Rogue, so I've been thinking of some ideas for that.

New ranged abilities:
TRICK SHOT: Basically a movie special. The intrepid hero comes across some unsuspecting guards and needs to find a way to dispatch them quickly. So what does he do? He finds something to throw to grab the guards' attention, and watches as the guards unknowingly walk straight into an ambush.
-This is a rough idea, but I'm thinking a 0 rage ranged special that does minimal or no damage but leaves you stealthed, and causes the mob to walk towards your general direction for a couple seconds to investigate. The hope is you can walk stealthed into a room, draw 1-4 mobs out to where you are and then backstab/switch to foils/ss and tear them to shreds.
-Sure the fighter can walk in to the room and tank everything pretty easily, but you can lure out decent chunks of mobs and then kill them quickly with high dps (at least that's what I'm hoping for). In a party with no tank? The rogue can help set up ambushes for you.

HEADSHOT: Replaces point blank headshot. I don't actually know what to do for this one, but point blank headshot needs to be replaced. Maybe Headshot is like a ranged backstab? Or Headshot causes mob to choke on blood and not cast?

Buffed fencing:I feel like fencing has fallen behind other weapon skills, so here are some changes.
-Decrease rage req for disarm(and slice and dice) to 75. Disarm buff: Is two instantaneous hits- The first hit deals normal damage and disarms mob, then the next one goes for the kill and does double damage. This way you choose between gouging target or holding out just a little bit longer to deal lots more damage.

SLASH: To increase fencing damage output, I'm proposing something like wallop for foils, which lets you get extra attacks in and build rage.
-Bonus idea: Some sort of defensive slash. When you attack with this you get a temporary 50% damage reduction that lasts for a short period of time. I have two potential ideas with this- either it lasts 0.75 seconds w/ 1.5 second cooloff (approx times), and you try and time the attack to right before a mob casts, or you can spam it all you want but it burns up rage. The idea being in a tough situation you can throw up a defensive flurry to gain a pseudo-tanking stance, but it drastically slows your ability to gouge/disarm/slice and dice and do extra damage.

Riposte+Parry upgrades:
-Riposte counter attack surprises mob and causes them to be slowed
-Can parry & riposte magic when you are adjacent to the caster (Think of riposte in this case as interrupting a spell with a well timed strike- it should do melee damage, not reflect the spell effects)

Other bonuses:
-Can dodge with bucklers equipped
-Having traps skill gives some defensive abilities against magic attacks from mobs (either you do an epic roll dodge or just passive damage reduction). Only works if you aren't wielding a 2h melee weapon, and works best in light/ua armor.
-When leaving stealth, mobs 4 spaces away don't immediately see you, making hit and run backstab easier (and you could also use trick shot if you want)

Sidenotes:
-fighter/rogue but especially rogue/fighter sounds a lot more appealing with these changes, especially if class cap reworks goes in.
-Hopefully hp calculations will also be adjusted for all classes to give rogues and mages some much needed survivability.
-Dual shortswords are looking weaker now in comparison X-D; they should probably get something too.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

As far as rogues go, foils probably needs the biggest buff. Increase weapon damage between the three types, allow parry/riposte against spells at 100 foils, allow dagger in offhand which increases parry chance.
Would be cool to see a dueling stance built around foils similar to how tanking stance goes with a shield 99% of the time. DS adds attack strength (or a %) to AC.
Remove dodge/block mutual exclusivity.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I'm thinking about doing a new character creation screen ... with more options, explanations, lore. .. maybe even pictures. The current one is pretty unimpressive.