Ideas Thread 2018

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Ideas Thread 2017 / 2018

Post by Keighn »

I was surprised BR wasn’t the MR armor like ultimate lore depicts. Btw, the stock irl called BLACKROCK is up. But then crystal would be useless.
I’m not sure what to do here. Elemental resistance bonuses maybe?

Gold +to confusion/charm/clone whatever
Silver +to poison
BLACKROCK +to fire
Copper +to electrical
Steel +to cold
Adamantium +to all

I’ve apparently left out blood magic..... :/
Spiked armor to reflect or inflect set damage on physical attacks (modified by +def and tint). Spiked stackable with other tints.

Spiked helm possible random 3rd attack like riposte + daze so mob is hamstrung a second or two
ZUPS!!!!
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Yeah tints could use reworking. Many are never used or only used when nothing else available. IE Addled. Steel

Armor
Shade cloth (ua light only) increases Dodge chance modified by def or dex (like crystal)
Etherial- increases int based on MR stats.

Weapons
Crystal - increased enchant damage or chance of trigger
Gold-chance to blind.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Tints for armor not discussed:
Zinc
Brass
Runed
Flesh
Thorium
Venomous (I believe there is a shield or two)
Vampyric
Addled
Barbed
Diamond

Spiked (since shield only)

Shield bash imo needs a little tweaking on % needed as right now it’s like 50% and damage I have no idea?

I’d also endorse bumping def + to +10 to match weapons. Always seemed off to me.

Do bone weapons add hp?
Why no Mithral weapons
I miss the simple diamond item polymorph recipe or enchant.
ZUPS!!!!
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

I feel like HP is better than anything because of how mobs scale. It gets to a point where you can't get enough MR to fight something. Crystal doesn't help, int doesn't help, etc etc. This is why bone is preferred, and until something mob related changes, "buffing" the other tints really wont matter.

inb4 some one mentions killing shadow warriors - we dont care.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Actually addled can be very effective if you’re into mobs killing each other esp with thunderclap.

A dream weapon or artifact was not only addled but had +confusion like sinvrall’s sceptre and a chance to cast confusion. Top it with thunderclap and epic enemy’s murdering each other. Yeah, I only use steel if i’m Playing ego alts, love at start or for crafting. It generally gets ditched later unless you have an alt named TINMAN!
ZUPS!!!!
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

CinisterD wrote:Bone has recently become controversial.

So lets fix it

Each bone item gives 50 hp, not a percentage.

Theres what, like 10 slots? Make it max at 500 HP.

This way the %hp buff isnt insane for fighters (250 hp unless they dual class) , and will help mages, rogues, and necros more.

Then for non necros is 25 hp (caps at 250)

Edit: Spoke to a few necros, and they think the hp boost is low. Could be 50 non / 100 necro. The number is subjective, but the idea remains.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

CinisterD wrote:Edit: Spoke to a few necros, and they think the hp boost is low. Could be 50 non / 100 necro. The number is subjective, but the idea remains.
Well of course they think the boost is low, they build pure int, no levels at the HP shrine. I also don't see many dwarf necros running around.
IGN: 1
Tink

Post by Tink »

Oh noez Necros following their ratio?? :? :? :? :?
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Tink wrote:Oh noez Necros following their ratio?? :? :? :? :?
That's the thing, no one wants to try other builds. I'll give some suggestions to necros that feel squishy:

-Level up at the HP shrine, it's not just limited to humans.
-Maybe consider going dwarf or human instead of draconian or bloodkin.
-A barbed hexblade or staff to apply bleed on HoB will lessen the reliance on int for damage.
-Eat some roasted red dragon meat instead of omelettes/angel fish cakes for fire resistance while fighting dragons.
-I'm sure people know about greater scrolls of health and scrolls of galvinsing/feel great bonuses.
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

So lets fix it

This way the %hp buff isnt insane for fighters (250 hp unless they dual class) , and will help mages, rogues, and necros more.

That might actually work. There isn't 10 slots, there are only 7. It would be OP for low levels, and taper off for high end chars.
It would still be a slight nerf for necros though, i get like +700 hp from my 7 bone gear.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

LaughingCoyote wrote:

So lets fix it

That might actually work. There isn't 10 slots, there are only 7. It would be OP for low levels, and taper off for high end chars.
It would still be a slight nerf for necros though, i get like +700 hp from my 7 bone gear.
Either bone gets nerfed, or necros get a solid bonus. At this point, I don't see us getting both. Thatd be greedy anyways.

If we allowed full bone armor on all slots, and buffed the bonus to 50/100, then this still caps fighters, and gives necros more hp overall.

I WOULD have to point out that that the final solution is ultimately a buff to necros, which we can get without nerfing other classes. I'm really surprised this is getting so heated. I've been hearing people argue ALL day about bone.
Tink

Post by Tink »

No necro nerf pls ^_^

Give everyone who isn't necro a minor hp bonus, they aren't supoosed to be edgey bone wearing ppl anyway.

Seems legit @cind
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

Problem with bone gear giving a flat bonus and not % is level 1 necros running around with 500+ hp. It doesn't scale well.

Here's my vague suggestion (numbers can be changed):
1. Make it so that bone+0 gives 10 hp base, then +10 for every +1 def (+5 for non necros).

2. For necros, find a way so they get extra hp from as if it was def+7(capped by player level and necro still), but can still put other effects on it.

2.5 This can be accomplished by giving Necros a ritual spell for bone gear, where you 'attune' the armor with your body. In addition to whatever effects the gear has (such as MR), you add up to def+7(based on player level) and soulbound the armor. This would be like Divine Hammer for necros.

Basically, this will buff necros and nerf other classes like CinisterD said, and also make it so other classes have to choose between more hp or more MR/whatever. It's a little rough, but thematically I like the idea of Necros having a spell to 'attune' the armor with their bodies to get hp in a way other classes can't.
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

OLD ARMOR TINTS
Copper - 1% Increased attack/cooldown speed per piece
Blackrock - 2% damage reduction per piece
Steel - 2% increased non-magical damage
Gold - light source and 1% increased magical damage per piece
Vanilla - 1% increased duration of buffs per piece
Crystal - 50 MR per DEF
Bone - Stays the same
Adamantium - Stays the same
Glass - Stays the same. Add light armor (Shatterhide)
Mythril - Stays the same

IDEAS FOR NEW ARMOR TINTS

Barbed - small chance to cause bleeding when hit with melee attack
Venemous - small chance to cause poison when hit

IDEAS FOR ARMOR CLASSES
UA - Decrease magic damage taken 1% per piece
Light - Add Dex modifier to Def and MR
Medium - Decrease physical damage taken 1% per piece (doesn't work with tanking stance)
Heavy - Decrease physical damage taken 1% per piece (doesn't work with tanking stance
Last edited by Mackey on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Why is the current hp bonus a problem?

Personal reasons?
Raw mechanics?

If personal... don’t use them. As one of the founders of Lotl and the personal creator of clan EGO how one challenges themselves should never be an issue to others. If it’s causing huge grief in the game like errors, rebooting, glitches, erasing inventory, eating up data or generally just making the game unplayable then it should be looked into.

I’ll reread the whys but i’n Scratching my head here as some hp % isn’t all that op and the gear is entirely optional.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

1[WoWz] wrote:
Tink wrote:Oh noez Necros following their ratio?? :? :? :? :?
That's the thing, no one wants to try other builds. I'll give some suggestions to necros that feel squishy:

-Level up at the HP shrine, it's not just limited to humans.
-Maybe consider going dwarf or human instead of draconian or bloodkin.
-A barbed hexblade or staff to apply bleed on HoB will lessen the reliance on int for damage.
-Eat some roasted red dragon meat instead of omelettes/angel fish cakes for fire resistance while fighting dragons.
-I'm sure people know about greater scrolls of health and scrolls of galvinsing/feel great bonuses.

Well, if active I wouldn’t say “NO ONE”
ZUPS!!!!
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

Mackey wrote:Why not try and buff the old armor tints?
Copper - Increased attack/cooldown speed
Blackrock - % damage reduction
Adamantium - Def and MR boost like bone gives to hp per piece
Steel - increased non-magical damage
Gold - light source and slightly increased magical damage
Vanilla - increased duration of buffs

These are just starting ideas, but I don't think bone tint is the problem; I believe that none of the other tints are viable nowadays. Also, crystal could give a little more MR per def.
I think this is actually a FANTASTIC idea. You may need to switch addy, cause its a little similar to mithril, unless its an overall larger boost that caps. Otherwise this is all solid.
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

The main effect of tints on armor is def, so buffing def in general would indirectly make tints more viable. It's ok that some tints are better than others. Addy, for instance, is a straight upgrade to blackrock. The whole bone armor debate seems to be a late game thing; You don't see low levels running around with bone gear, and having a set of bone gear requires a lot of WoTs to be effective.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

After having fun with directional OG on Druid, I was thinking that there can be more directional spells/abilities that you have to aim.

Sneak Shot (50 ranged special) - Usable between 0-100 rage, fires a shot in the direction selected, does increased damage per amount of rage used. Does sneak attack damage if stealth.

Skull Throw (level 1 necromancer spell) - GP clone but ranged directional. Important because necros don't have any damage spells until later.

Flame Strike (priest spell) - Rework flame strike to make it a 3x3 directional, clone range explosion that does more damage and without having to take your target off of the ally you're healing.

Far Swing (50 tactics special) - Uses 50 rage to do double normal melee damage but at a distance.

Ki Fireball (level 5 sanctity spell) - Clone of VF but directional.

OG4 (level 4 sorcery spell) - Bring back directional lightning but as a new spell that's level 4 instead of 5.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Come on.... you know you want it to be

KA ME HA ME HA!!!!
ZUPS!!!!