Fighters need a quality of life change

Moderator: EUO Moderators

TheOneGuy
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by TheOneGuy »

The fighter archtype:

Great at fighting single large bosses! (because of cleave only, but the game does not consistently spawn large bosses you can cleave and the BQ and gazer are immune.... so this is almost useless)

High survive ability! (but most of the survive comes from mani .... a priest spell so this is barley a fighter ability its a human ability)

Able to taunt! and take agro for the party! (with the decline of the game there are few parties- so this is useless)

Not very good at killing large numbers of mobs (turns out thats all there is in the game!)

Can have a variety of on hit effects!(but thats really a weapon ability and every one gets that.)

Can have high defense!( ... to bad that really only lets you kill minos cause almost every map is build just for casters and rouges)

IMO fighters need:

more Survive and more damage to fight anything past level 150 stuff effectively, unless you grind a very small handful of maps til 500

Content made just for fighters (and priests) to make def not a sick joke stat.

More abilities to spice up game play!

What do you think fighters need?
all i want is a test server for maped then ill be happy ...
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: Fighters need a quality of life change

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Quality of life doesn't mean buff, what you are describing are buffs. Quality of life changes would mean something that makes them more user friendly.

The thing is, fighters are boring to play. Priests are 2nd most boring to play. Rogues, monks, mages, and necromancers are all flashy and fun in different ways.

Fighters need combos with charge, taunt, battle roar that stack damage and/or debuffs. Even though fighters with AoE would be nice, it might be too powerful imo.
IGN: 1
TheOneGuy

Post by TheOneGuy »

You are right But in most games a small buff or a change in how the damage is dealt goes along with QOL updates. Like for instance if charge locked on so it was more useful and it gave you a buff that made you cc immune or resist 15% or damage for 5 seconds that would be both a QOL and buff
all i want is a test server for maped then ill be happy ...
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

Half Orc mace fighters with berserk stance and greater yellows has yet to disappoint.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
newmagna
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by newmagna »

Maybe more fighter specials that can be learn spontaneously as your skill progresses could help a lot, tactics providing more damage and evasion, not only def, more mobs like minos to make fighting more interesting for fighters. The specials could be revamped, so there were more attacks that could be used with different rage amounts: Flurry dealing more attacks dependeing on how much rage you got, an attack that shoves enemies out of your way, an attack to pull enemies closer, half-swording for claymores and the like, an attack that stuns and moves you away from the enemy to help you escape, a spinning attack, tripping enemies, a power attack, et cetera.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yeah as I mentioned in the other post for some of that:

RFC- EUO EQUIPMENT TILES & IDEAS

What I liked about some games is the chaining ability of specials. Generally specials in most of those other games have their OWN timer to use a spcial ability. They aren't always weapon dependant either. Seems Richard Garrote will be using a wowesque formula in Shroud of the Avatar. I haven't actually seen if there is a beta to try.

Generally all classes can use tweaks here and there because at some points people get bored with the same. Obviously the reward formula that brain orgasms you to play more is effective. Egg doesn't get a monthly subscription rate so this is free time stuff here unless you want to buy something. I'm still awed by the various programmers on certain maps. Believe me... if more of us had such skills then we could do more than suggest ideas (which flow from everyone); we could put up the working formula for that idea to apply in the very least ALPHA server.

Lots of ideas... but not so much time for one man to do. But you know what they say...
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh, that's waht the other classes are :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

KimKardashian was going through her jewelry drawer and was appalled that gems aren't labelled on the jewelry.

ie.
Onyx Ring
Ruby Ring
Ruby/Crystal Ring
Diamond/Gold Ring
Onyx/BR Ring
Silver/Emerald Amulet

etc etc etc.

Well, she's bitching about no panties and bras or heels but that's just her.... Kanye doesn't complain at all.

Being able to dip jewelry or plain sigils into fountains would be nice. Just noticed you can't.
newmagna
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by newmagna »

Maybe weapons could have more than one attack type, like swords that could have Slashing and Piercing types, even Bludgeon if we could half-sword it(grab it by the blade and striking with the guard points. This technique may also refer to grabbing a zweihander by the ricasso, an unsharpened part of the blade, and using it as a spear). So ctrl+dir would be a swinging motion, but shit+dir a piercing motion(of course there are curved swords(a weapon type missing from the game, but whatever, it's not like I wanted my scimitars and messers and tachis and fauxes and cavalry sabers and falcatas and khopeshes and kopises and sickles) but they could have, say, bludegeon attacks for striking with the blunt edges.). Some of the polearms could be also mace weapons, and vice-versa( I'm looking at you, Lucern hammer and all handed maces), as well as polearms axes, such as the as-of-yet nonexistent poleaxe. Also spears should really have a longer reach. Heck, most 2 handed weapons should.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You would have loved ultima 4-5 then (not sure of 6-9 since I was put off by the graphical interface being a different view). Weapons with reach wouldn't be hard but if they function like a bow albeit say only adjacent+1 square the targeting might annoy you (but if limited to a few weapons it shouldn't be too bad).

In euo, a weapon with multiple labels (bludgeoning, slashing, piercing) will just give it a bonus vs one of the few enemies that are vulnerable which isn't a bad idea considering that's what arms races were about; utility and effectiveness.
Piercing vs. Dragonkind
Slashing vs. daemonkind
bludgeoning vs undead

The few MMORPGs I've played besides euo, dransik, wyvern, and ultima 4 online use a lot of specials. Hell, take aion and perfect world; seems fighter times early on rely heavily on specials and all you do is wait for the cooldown before activating the next one (and then the combos that some can do). I guess there's nothing wrong with that. It gives a little new life to a game besides just smashing the crap out of it.

Now diablo and the many mods for it up to II (I never did play 3 and am tempted to get it and all the DLC just to see if its ok... though I hear many complain) there some neat things here. For diablo I play mods Beelzebub and TheHell (probably the best 2 mods for diablo). Beelzebub is basically so close to diablo 2 that I'd recommend it even if it is harder than diablo 2.

Anyways from memory diablos have buff abilities (hell euo has that for some classes) AOEs, DOTs, instantaneous effects, chained effects, and build up effects (think whirlwind I think for barbarian where he gets faster and faster --- might be beserker I don't remember). Summons, Summons that buff in some way, and hell the variations. Honestly, I can't do justice to describe the systems off the top of my head.

For reg server versatility will help you If human even if you sacrifice a ton of levels. so you can try some multi-classing. PD is easier for multiclassing and faster since ALL races can participate. Limits of 200% for human and 175% for non is still pretty limiting but if you're inventive you can create some unique combinations.

NG is where it shines and I forget the % maximum allowed. It is very customizable but you WILL be limited since every CLASS skill eats up part of that class % so you will be playing around a lot more.

Its funny, with all the classes there is still the option to play classless. Thankfully staves are that class. You can sort of play as a peasant. I wish improvised weaponry was a skill as fighting with say frying pans, bottles of booze, and torches is very ineffective and you do total shit damage. Maybe I want to pound the crap out of people like Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Keighn wrote:I wish improvised weaponry was a skill as fighting with say frying pans, bottles of booze, and torches is very ineffective and you do total shit damage. Maybe I want to pound the crap out of people like Hacksaw Jim Duggan
+1
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

pls see misc updates, but two key changes:

* buffed AS of all dragons and as/def of some blood mobs. Experimental: when dragons are adjacent to you they will only attack with melee
* Fighter specials improvements: Flurry, bloodbolt, cleave,thunderclap: You can now can use these with 50 rage but if you use them at lower rage, the effects aren't as great. Effects increase as rage tends to 100. Using these specials uses all of your available rage. Using them at 100 is same as before.