RFC - Weapons & Armor

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

RFC - Weapons & Armor

Post by Keighn »

While the list is pretty great some chat with Kevin on Pd made me wonder about what exactly a rondel really was. Well, I was pretty surprised how much like a stilletto it really is. I found this site that is quite amazing:

MyArmoury

I suppose I can see why some believe the stilletto should be dual wield considering rondel and all shortswords can be. What I'm really hoping gets reposted is all the current weapon and armour data just for quick reference. I would like to add that I believe axes could use a slight boost. I tend shy away from one handed axes due to tomahawks being low on the dmg scale. Perhps if broad axe was introduced as a 2hander and battle axe droped to 1 handed. Or vis versa. I'd go with the former though
Battle axe: In its most common form, an arm-length weapon borne in one or both hands. Compared to a sword swing, it delivers more cleaving power against a smaller target area, making it more effective against armor, due to concentrating more of its weight in the axehead.
Make is slower speed and slightly higher damage on par with say a broad sword / morningstar at 1-9 dmg or 2-10 seing as how trident is fairly higher. Weapon speed somewhere around 580-600 being hefty.

Upon close looking up.. we have no battle axe. I'd suggest 2H axe (get renamed to Broad Axe) and introduce the Battle Axe. I know people hate to have more items with possible tints and such and there are no artifacts for a battle axe. There's also the smithing involved of a new weapon which could share with say the 2H Axe for skill and ingots/pole. Its just a thought.

On bone tint is it just faster? LIke say copper? I'll have to compare it to rondel and tinted rondels. I thought at one point disease was going to be implemented on weapons, though I'd prefer disease to be from say Bone tint weapons rather than just necromancer weapons period.

I've already mentioned in another thread that I think a solid bone heavy plate set (along with a shield) and a full bone ua set would be neat. Everyone likes a few extra HP here and there.

I know I posted something something about weapons before but can't find it atm. Just thinking out loud to keep my brain from growing mold.

cheers.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: RFC - Weapons & Armor

Post by Keighn »

Another topic that popped up was options to single-hand wield and 2-hand wield various weapons. This might make sense for some weapons. I'm not certain you'd swing any faster with some weapons but you might hit harder. Some just might be too small to dual wield or unable due to hilt size (probably all shortsword weapons since they can be held in two separate hands anyways). This might cause a bit of a problem with trolls.

Basically maybe a different color or symbol for wielding say a single bastard sword with 2 hands. Damage would have to be slightly different and maybe weapon speed for some of the hefty/unwieldy weapons. Wielding a morningstar or spear with 2 hands is probably easier than with one hand. When I recollect weapon data I'll post what I come up with.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Was talking with some fellows about Mr on pieces of gear:

I always liked the idea that some gear always gave some def and some mr.

Unarmored:
I think .1 def isn't too much and it could stack well on tints. 5 MR for each piece makes it better than nude.

BTW, I still don't know the weapon speed for gloves.

Light: its def is fine.
MR 10 for each piece would be great.

Medium: again good.
MR 15 for each piece

Heavy: good def
MR 20 each piece.

It makes them all uniform in their MR bonus. I do know IRL some pieces would probably offer more but this is fantasy.

And just so people don't think I'm just a MR hog. I have been testing an alt that doesn't use def or sigils or atk gear and just str gear (albeit some gear isn't even that but just bone or nv). I'm pleasantly surprised on a dwarf tank priest. Pretty good with mediocre gear.
KoRnAGAIN
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

Keighn wrote:Was talking with some fellows about Mr on pieces of gear:

I always liked the idea that some gear always gave some def and some mr.

Unarmored:
I think .1 def isn't too much and it could stack well on tints. 5 MR for each piece makes it better than nude.

BTW, I still don't know the weapon speed for gloves.

Light: its def is fine.
MR 10 for each piece would be great.

Medium: again good.
MR 15 for each piece

Heavy: good def
MR 20 each piece.

It makes them all uniform in their MR bonus. I do know IRL some pieces would probably offer more but this is fantasy.

And just so people don't think I'm just a MR hog. I have been testing an alt that doesn't use def or sigils or atk gear and just str gear (albeit some gear isn't even that but just bone or nv). I'm pleasantly surprised on a dwarf tank priest. Pretty good with mediocre gear.

The artifacts need a re-vamp for sure. From the weapons to the stat gear. Back when they got introduced +20str and +5def was not bad but now that +30+ stat gear drops regulalary in certain dungeons (this is okay) the artifacts need to be scaled with them.

I suggest:

-change all stat bonuses to +35
-put MR on all clothing gear. Anything is better then how bland they are currently.
-for weapons; make them at LEAST+8 (instead of whatever it is now...5?) and then the stat boosts.

I genuinely believe this would make artifacts more valuable instead of just a PILE of mythic material and tears. :--;:

-Colt
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I don't think artifact clothing and armor need buffs since people use them when they're tinted and even without tints they are pretty nice all around.

The plain artifact weapons could use a buff. My suggestion is to make them +10 AS/Damage with no stat bonus. Not only does it look nice, it gives a reason for people to use them (especially if they are tinted).
IGN: 1
KoRnAGAIN
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

1[WoWz] wrote:I don't think artifact clothing and armor need buffs since people use them when they're tinted and even without tints they are pretty nice all around.

The plain artifact weapons could use a buff. My suggestion is to make them +10 AS/Damage with no stat bonus. Not only does it look nice, it gives a reason for people to use them (especially if they are tinted).

The artifact clothing and armor is bad :/ why would I use plain shardcrystal gaunts when they offer me awful STR/DES and no MR boost? When instead I could run 1 loop in Apoc and find some tinted mr+5 gaunts?

I agree with your weapon buff idea however!

-Colt