Artifacts

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Artifacts

Post by Mackey »

Compiling posts/ideas from "2015 ideas thread" for easier reading.
Mackey wrote:A lot of the artifacts could use tinkering. The "+7 AS +20 STAT" is kinda vanilla. Take Triple Crossbow for instance: Could increase weapon speed along along with +7 AS. Some weapons could have natural tint (bleeding perhaps) on vanilla artifact AND tinted artifact, ie Bushmaster has natural barbed-like tint, can drop as tinted vampyric or blackrock.

Just an idea. After playing with even the tinted artifacts on PVP, they still seem somewhat boring considering their rarity against Tinted Enchants and all.
Kracky wrote:Hmm the idea of unique abilities on artifacts is a good one.
Just of the top of my head here are a few suggestions:

Triple Xbow = slower atk speed then normal xbow but fires 3 arrows
Frenzy armor = Each piece equipped gives +5% rage gain.
Old bandage = chance to cast VM with each attack
Chopper = chance to bleed
War Staff = extra melee damage
Bushmaster = faster atk speed on it
Ironfist armor = more damage with Fists only
Kazadum cleaver = extra damage vs trolls gobs orcs etc...
Facewound = chance to blind
Bonecrusher = chance to slow
Noble foil = increase disarm/parry chance
Grim reaper = extra damage versus deamons/balrons
Vorpal blade = Very Small chance to insta kill (non pvp ofc)
Shardcrystal = maybe proc a increases MR for a short time
Amulet of sacrifices = maybe more damage or AS with loss of the other
Hoe of Destruction = small chance to make that exploding fireball thing
Bent leg = maybe increased movement speed ?

Just a throwout of possibilities as I have no idea what can/can't be coded. But giving artifacts a true unique ability set would greatly improve there desire across all the servers.
Mackey wrote:Editing Kracky's artifact ideas

NightStalker = Increased NV
Yew Longbow = Lowered chance of missing
Soulstealer = Increased IMJ chance
Triple Xbow = Just increase attack speed to equal shortbow?
Frenzy armor = Increased rage gain based on how many pieces worn (similar to half-orc racial passive)
Old bandage = chance to cast VM with each attack. Would ruin weapon for Tournaments and vampires. Maybe increased criticals?
Chopper = Passive barbed-like tint, stackable with other tints.
War Staff = Passive addy-like tint, stackable
Bushmaster = faster attack speed, equal to rondel?
Ironfist armor = Increased DEF/AS while unarmed (like monk passive skill)
Kazadum cleaver = bonus dmg against non-humans
Facewound = chance to blind
Bonecrusher = chance to slow or hamstring
Noble foil = increase Parry chance
Rapier Wit = Increased Reposte Chance
Dante's Ruin = Passive barbed-like tint, stackable
Grim reaper = Enchant Xen Corp, +7 AS
Vorpal blade = Multiple weapon enchants
Shardcrystal = maybe proc a increases MR for a short time
Amulet of sacrifices = maybe more damage or AS with loss of the other
Hoe of Destruction = small chance to make that exploding fireball thing
Bent leg = maybe increased movement speed ?
Mackey wrote:Also need a decent artifact set of gloves for monks to be used in UA as an attack piece.

Maybe +6 AS +5 DEF with a spell enchant? Maybe leach mana?
Bugbo wrote:On the idea of artifacts:

MageBane (As seen in Ultima 7/Serpent Isle!)
scimitar
+7 AS
enchant IJO (mana burn)

Sure I said it before but that was well over 8 years ago.
Kracky wrote:Could a belt slot gear be added to the glass/crystal coin shop please ? Even a few basic ones for stat/def/mr would be nice. Ones added to the whole light/heavy etc.. sets would be VERY nice. Thx
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Re: Artifacts

Post by Kracky »

Gonna make a WIP post on artifact ideas here. Other players have more experience with all the good/bad of current in game arties, so here's some new possibles. No idea whats im/possible coding wise, so if something isn't possible say so.

Ginsu knife - butcher knife that can can process any corpse (no skill exp gained) costs ~100 gp per use.

Belt of transforming - Changes player race to Golem (with all current pros/cons) Cannot be worn with any other armor , only weapons,jewelry and sigils.

Divining Rod - rod, when used in treasure map caves and phase maps ONLY will shoot a ray -like a single ray from a breath weapon- pointing out the direction of the final chest.

Lucky coin - rune , when equipped in off hand will double all gold pieces gained from kills, also .1% chance to get a glass coin, .01% chance for a crystal coin, and .001% chance for a addy coin (that's 1 in a hundred thousand).

Key to "the city" - key, when used opens a town portal to the name of the city of the key. unlimited use

Magical quill - quill halves time it takes to make scrolls - same skill exp as normal use.

Mystic sigil - Sigil with regen and protection on it.

Crystal skull - offhand item - when equipped faster cooldown, BUT double all mana costs of all spells.

Addy skull key - same as skull key, unlimited uses.

Mystic armor - Light torso armor - Halves ALL damage BUT cannot be worn with any other armor. Only weapons, jewelry and sigils.

Seven league boots - Light boots - Max walk speed, but no other benefits (Maybe works when overloaded ?)

Helm of sight - Med helm - Gives 3 square radius x-ray vision BUT can see nothing beyond that, all blacked out. No other benefits.

Bag of Holding - offhand equipped - adds 100-1000 ? to max carry capacity.

Egg's Cookbook - offhand equipped , double all skill exp to cooking.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

A mean a lot of those look interesting. But with that many different effects, it seems insanely to difficult to balance what's underpowered and what's overpowered. I like a lot of the artifacts we have now and changing them that drastically could create serious gameplay balance issues.

Some artifacts already have unique abilities, I think having some mundane ones makes the unique ones even more unique.

I have a crazy idea for the +7 AS/+20 stat weapons, lower the level requirement and make it +10 AS without the stat bonus. It would look nice and might be more useful than using a blackrock +8.
IGN: 1
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

1[WoWz] wrote: Some artifacts already have unique abilities, I think having some mundane ones makes the unique ones even more unique.
Artifacts are so rare now, especially tinted ones, that most of the time you get the mundane ones and they're only good for making mythic material for Mything.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Mackey wrote:
1[WoWz] wrote: Some artifacts already have unique abilities, I think having some mundane ones makes the unique ones even more unique.
Artifacts are so rare now, especially tinted ones, that most of the time you get the mundane ones and they're only good for making mythic material for Mything.
Well we're still going to need mythic material, so having less useful ones is perfect for that. A +10 AS/DMG untinted arty with a level requirement of like 50 would be perfect for a low level while a higher level could use it for mythic material. An if they were tinted, they would be useful enough to use, win/win in my book.
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Kracky »

Just a thought but as for artifacts and on any new or modified ones, shouldn't we get a bit of input from Egg ?
It's cool to see everyone's ideas but if Egg could outline a limit on what he was wanting/willing to do give us a better scope of things to think out ? Narrow our focus on the things HE wants us to work on might be better then us arguing over whats bad/good/overpowered/now useless to us/etc.. I don't mean to make more annoyance to Egg, just cut all his read time over the stuff we post he kinda just laughs at and moves on about.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Perhaps the artifact drop structure should be changed. Maybe some artifacts only drop from a particular type of monster. Then again, any lair could have something. Perhaps only certain chests instead of mobs drop a type of artifact. Now if maps were engineered with more search/activate/look of objects like bookcases, beds, trees, tables, rocks, etc as any space then maybe an item or possible artifact could be obtained. ie, you search a bookcase and find a quill (maybe a magic one or a book)

Maybe an artifact or object is beneath or embedded in a wall or structure. Dynamic maps with building and destroying of objects could be implemented.

Obviously artifacts should be extremely rare in those cases mentioned.... Even more rare than a mob drob.
ZUPS!!!!
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

Some sort of Ort Grav (lightning) enchantment weapon.
dirtyking
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by dirtyking »

i would like to see sleep wind enchantment on wep or artys, xc would be cool too,
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

Artifact CLAYMORE maybe , its 10 years of waiting already !!!
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

i miss a arty of my favourite weapon Halberd, how about a Halberd +7 IZH , the 'Sandman' .
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

is there really no arty claymore & halberd?
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

halberd arty is the Thundercracker or some shit like that. dunno about the clay
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

The only clay I've seen is that named Panzerfaust but that was a player item and its just a vampy clay+5 or some shiz.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Thundercracker is the halberd arty, but there are plenty of weapons with no artifacts: bastard sword, broad sword, claymore, cleaver, club, dagger, glaive, kyrss, short bow, tomahawk, and musket (vintage and regular). Not to mention Kris, Sickle, Athame, and Stilletto. I could be wrong about some of these, but I tried checking.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

what is the kazadoom cleaver? a cleaver or tomahawk. both are in that list
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

EmoMage wrote:what is the kazadoom cleaver? a cleaver or tomahawk. both are in that list
According to my notes its a 2 handed axe.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I took the liberty of thinking up some artifact ideas for the weapons the have no artifacts. Here is what I got:

Bastard Sword - Blade of the Ancients (+10 AS/dmg)
Claymore - Slaymore (+10 AS/dmg)
Cleaver - Severe Sever (+10 AS/dmg)
Glaive - Masterwork Guisarme (+10 AS/dmg)
Tomahawk - Hunter's Sidearm (+10 AS/dmg)

Broad Sword - Rorrim's Edge (+7 AS/dmg, KXQ/clone enchant)
Club - Blunt Stake (+6 AS/dmg, +3 Leeching, XMP/vampire bite enchant)
Dagger - Assassin's Oath (+6 AS/dmg, XC/kill enchant)
Kryss - Dragon's Toothpick (+7 AS/dmg, KVX/summon dragon enchant)
Musket - Thunderstick (+7 AS/dmg, VOG/chain lightning enchant)
Short Bow - Veteran's Bow (+7 AS/dmg, VF/fireball and FG/Flame Strike enchants)

The +10 weapons would be a nice addition and won't be overpowered if they don't have stats on them. Level 117 would be the requirement if going off the current system for +AS/dmg weapons. The enchants could be level 70 since that seems to be the norm. Also, being able to change use the necro spell on artifact weapons to change them would be nice.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Some sort of Rune or ability to chain abilities instead of having to hit them each time. Naturally, some have cool-offs so the chain might fail if too soon. I mean things like striking, shield bash, charge, strike strike strike, shieldbash etc... Maybe chain up to 5 attacks. Makes it easier a bit without hands all over the keyboard.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I love the search feature on items on Weekly. I'd love a toned down version on the other servers. Also some of the other items searched:

Suggestions:

Searching:
Searching under the bed might: "OMG! There are monsters under the bed!" - random monster of the next level higher or just a boss.
Trash bins - Any item (like a random treasure chest of that level).
Alchemy benches: alembic, flask, random potion, vial, random alchemy reagents.
Drawer that have a mirror - vanity dresser: clothing of some sort possible. maybe jewelry, orbs, money, etc.
Brazier - embers, ash, cooked meat (random type), meat skewer, tongs
Anvil - armorer hammer, smithy hammer, random weapon, sheets
Mirror - Opens up a portal maybe, monster jumps out or clone of you, maybe phase... randomly teleports you on level.
Table - brew, or cooked meal food (as per cooking)
Fountain - gold coins or random coins
Shrine - offer something on it and pray or just pray on or near it for random effect.
Toss coin in well for luck. (as type of buff)

I someday hope there is a Karma Evil/Neutral/Good system put into place and popularity with NPCs and even romance at some point. Maps to build temporary kingdoms and wage wars would be cool for mass combat.
ZUPS!!!!