Bard Ideas

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Bard Ideas

Post by Mackey »

Figured I'd make a thread outside of the ideas thread for Bards, because I'd really like to see them implemented some day.

Mackey's Ideas

Possbly a combination of INT and DEX for damage?

Ranged attacks? I just keep imagining flying musical notes bashing mobs in the face.

Skills

Music - The spellcasting skill of bards.

Musical Combat - Using music and instruments combatively

Versatile - Passive skill that allows (up to 25%? 50%?) dual classing. Stacks with human 25%?

Songs

Ballad of the Lucky - Casts over area to increase gold recieved for party members.

Ballad of the Warbound
- Increases damage dealt by 10% and damage received by 5% for party members

Ballad of the Lovers
- Casts regenerate over party members similar to regen ring

Ballad of the Knowledge-Seeker - Increases XP gained by 3% for party members

Legendary Ballad - Casts Feel Great effects on party members in range, but slightly nerfed (shorter duration, long cooldown?)

I'd like to see the Bard's Ballads stack with other buffs instead of just replace them. Would make for better partying.

Spells

Soothe the Savage Beast - Cast charm on a single target, longer duration than mage's charm cone spell.

Inspire - Casts a small heal over area for party members

Weapon Abilities

KABONG - Strikes a single target with the Bard's musical instrument, confusing them. Melee special

Freestyle - The bard performs a random special of another class. Melee special

Song of time - Full rage special, AOE resets cooldowns on party members in range. Does not work on self.
Last edited by Mackey on Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mackey

Re: Bard Ideas

Post by Mackey »

Please contribute ideas, or let me know what you think of mine. I'm really hoping to help egg get bards done and into testing.
DUTCHMAN2
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by DUTCHMAN2 »

First off, I am absolutely in love with this idea. bards are such an underplayed but neccessary class in any dnd, or adventure party.

Int and dex would have to be the top two. if wisdom was an attribute in the game tyat would make a cool int + wis character. but ya int and dex

Ok all of the songs are awesome, minus ballad of the Knowledge-seeker. I dont like it. its a cool idea but not needed when we have 2x weekend ,happy hours, oms, and drag rations. but something alittle more out of the box like maybe a way boost to item drops. +15% boost to rare or super rare drops. ballad of the hoarder..prolly not but what ever. Legendary ballad. maybe make it 3/4th the effect of a f/g so its not a f/g, but its stronger than a galv

the spells are cool, i think one or two more should be thought up but very solid start mack.

moving onto skills. kabong is basically thunder clap with the aep effect. maybe shake that up alittle bit.
Freestyle is amazing it is the perfect blend of chance and awesome. while you could one time get flurry and it fails (cause you are ranged.), then the next by chance you hit spray and prey. Freestyle is the coolest idea on here.

Egg, I will personally test this character out if you put it into beta.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Some things that probably need to be started:

Gfx for musical notes as ranged attack
Musical notes around bard
Songs played slowly deplete mana rather than being just cast for songs with duration.
Wondering about two handed vs one handed instruments

The voice is a powerful tool so song should be different than melody.

Movement and playing should be considered. Should some songs only be played while stationary.

I'm going to mention Aion for a quick sec. They have a musician class that actually utilizes music as an attack. Take a look and compare ideas in your head.

Older ideas was from Bards tale and D&D for me along with lunar the silver star and the litany performed by various characters. Perhaps final fantasy as well.

If out of mana can you club an enemy with say your lute or electric guitar?

Ballads for continuous effect that drain mana

Litany for short effects or single attacks (perhaps they don't use mana?)
What about rage for critical bard attacks?

Obviously it might suck if your bard depletes all mana from a ballad and can't attack as that then just makes them more support and not very solo-able.

What instruments would one like to see?
Weapons overlay would need instruments added.
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Interesting bard info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bard
Djanno :smoke:
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

I think we need to start looking at some skills/attacks for a solo bard as well ^-^. For some reason I'm thinking about the Diablo 2 hammerdin with music notes.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I personally like the idea of an instrument as a ranged weapon that doesn't require ammo. Here are my ideas:

Timbrel/Tambourine, 1-hand, 1.8 speed, 1-3 damage
Harmonica, 1-hand, 2.0 speed, 1-4 damage
Horn, 1-hand, 2.2 speed, 1-5 damage
Harp, 2-hand, 2.5 speed, 1-9 damage
Lute, 2-hand, 2.8 speed, 2-10 damage
IGN: 1
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Bumping for ideas/comments
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

Would be neat if the Bard class could have the ability to do melee/ranged/magic. I see the Bard more or less in the light of paper & pencil D&D, Jack of all trades, master of none. So yes, music should be there, but they could have a really neat multi-class feel, without being too under powered. I'd like to see synergy built into skills/spells though. So we could have an interesting build, but could still have abilities that can work together. This is something I feel is missing from current multi-classing.

Very general information, more or less wanted to talk about how the class would feel. I'd like to see more solo friendly abilities.

Think on this, I must.