Carnival Carnage - Map DevLog

Moderator: EUO Moderators

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: Carnival Carnage - Map DevLog

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Hi Lord M. I wouldn't worry so much about finishing it soon. I'm sure an idea will come to you on how to tie it all together or what to change, remove, add, etc. Feel free to ask the forum or discord for advice. We are all a big fan of your work. :2cool2:
IGN: 1
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Thanks 1.

I found a small web-app to calculate average dice dmg - results are shown as table or graph: http://anydice.com/ - I hope this will help me to wrap up the monster stats.

I am nearly done with maped, the only thing that remains is the house of horrors. After that I have to clean up the 1.6k lines of scripts I already have and add what ever is missing.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Progress:
Maped: 99% done - some mobs need to be placed here and there. Maps have been assigned to level 284 and 285.
Script: length: 68090 ; lines: 2486 - Status: reviewed scripts up to line 889.

I am seriously aiming for an alpha release in spring 2019.
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Yay!

I didn't read the past posts too carefully but looks like there's a house of horrors, did you get all your mob ideas? A little while back I thought of a merchant mob, but with knives added to his hands and some blood on his apron... might be fun.
Djanno :smoke:
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

There should be a merchant in TolS with a bloody apron.

Adding knives to a merchant avatar kind works with a trick. The merch avatar 0x291 is not made for visible weapons and hence wont show any even if you attach a script to defining m.weapon and m.shield. Therefore you have to draw the merch over another sprite that allows visible weapons. For example a gnome 0x370 and merchant avatar 0x291 would be 0x8291370 and thus the merch would be drawn in front of the gnome. Sadly you will see the hands of the gnome behind the merchant in some frames. However, this should work well enough for adding weapons to daemons and imps if I remember correctly.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Found my third artifact on the dev server in three days while casually testing stuff.
The third dropped right after I found the second arty. I never had that much luck on reg...
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

So everything works more or less. I am especially proud of the Whack-A-Rat mini game XD
I have to adapt two or three scripts to work with heroic/epic instances and I have to redistribute the monster stats.
Last but not least, I have to make the small bosses more diverse and fun to fight. I have 3483 lines of script with a total length of 95172 characters (comments included).
All in all, a release seems feasible in the coming months - finally!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

3.5k lines, crikey!
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Merry Xmas everyone!
You may find a Xmas surprise within the map today.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ah! I was wondering about that. Was going to start checking today throughout Xmas. Cool.
ZUPS!!!!