Uncharted North (map by 1, dev log)

Moderator: EUO Moderators

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Uncharted North (map by 1, dev log)

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I'm putting together a second map for apoc. New Sosaria. Best name I could come up with is Uncharted North.

Lots of dragons in the map. A heroic and epic version should be added too.

This screenshot doesn't show the difference between void, darkness, and endless darkness.
Last edited by 1[WoWz] on Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
IGN: 1
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Uncharted North (map by 1, dev log)

Post by Keighn »

Probably better we don't see as surprise is nice. I do begin to wonder if looping is the new norm of euo? Nothing wrong with that as grinding is one of the biggest to-dos in the game next to afk fishing perhaps. Are you huge into lua and if so do you plan to make the mobs ... different?
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Keighn wrote:Probably better we don't see as surprise is nice. I do begin to wonder if looping is the new norm of euo? Nothing wrong with that as grinding is one of the biggest to-dos in the game next to afk fishing perhaps. Are you huge into lua and if so do you plan to make the mobs ... different?
Great points. My impression is that looping is more generally accepted in maps now a days and even encouraged in some maps. I don't think looping means grinding, for example, you can't loop to grind a heroic map because the mobs won't respawn. Loops aren't always for grinding, they're actually a good tool for exploring and getting around maps without backtracking. This map is actually less loop friendly then my first!

I'm not that into LUA at the moment but I have a detailed understanding of all the mobs in the game. I could make custom mobs, but customs mobs are kinda weird, players don't know how they stack up against them. The most popular maps in the game don't have custom mobs, but that could be due to custom mobs being fairly new (since Deja Vu got put in right?). If you'd like to see new mobs, check out my suggestion for void monsters and voidlings complete with avatars from eftv and stats I made. If those got put in you can be sure I'd make maps with them.

Also I should give everyone an idea of my current map-making style: hunting maps similiar to (but not as good as) Tyler's maps. My plan is to make several hunting maps for apoc. New Sosaria until the continent is released, then start making in-depth exploring, story telling maps, or hopefully a nice mix of all styles. For fun here is a list of my favorite maps: Kurzmord'ar, River's End, Tangled Forest, Dead Forest, Anathema, City of Shadows, Blood Moor.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

This has been updated and nearly completed. It will be a basic hunting map with hopefully a randomly generated map attached to it. I even submitted it to Egg, so we'll see if this gets put in as is, completely changed, or even scrapped completely! X-D
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Cool of you to submit some content to egg. Even if it never goes in, it's exciting to know that the community loves this game so much.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Bump.

I am continuing development of this map. Suggest ideas for it if you'd like.