MACRO > me

Re: Apocalyptic New Sosaria 'expansion'

Post by LordMortiferus »

Really awesome!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

chipped away at it again today ... but still a few things to take care of ... here is my todo list

* purpose of shrine - possibly just backstory with a chat?
* fix the shrine so you can med at it to cure res sick
* town npcs and/or quests
* MR cleave effect - update all scripts, esp tols
* glass storm spell?
* do the spawners for apoc mino halls
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Will the glass mobs or storm be able to kill you in one hit? That'd be kind of harsh.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I doubt it ...
I'm not really sure what that spell is yet. In one area there is a bunch of glass dragons/imps ... so I was thinking they could have some sort of glass spell you see - that is all I have ... the words 'glass storm' :cow:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Another day, another update. I haven't worked this hard on euo for a long long time. Probably did 6 hours at least today, but not much to write about though, but not time wasted. A lot of time was spent doing engine shit that amuses me but no one is interested in ;-)

What is exciting tho is that I have the working prototype spell for EUO's first AoE DoT (area of effect / damage over time) ... 'glass storm', which will be adapted for 'hail of bones' for necromancers. It runs for 10 seconds and does like 5d5 (or whatever) damage each second to each square in a 5x5 area. Once it kicks off you probably should leave that area. Not only that, has a brand new effect where you can actually see the glass raining down (or, indeed, the bones) - and for the glass one I even mashed up a new sound effect of wind + breaking windows - it's not bad. I tried to take a screenshot but it doesn't do the effect justice. I would need to post a video.

While I was at it made a new sound effect for mana cleave - as suggested, mobs are getting mana cleave in apoc new sosaria. By the way, starting mob strength is around the blood mob level.

One thing I did yesterday tho worth mentioning is that I made the small rock on dirt, pile of rocks, the cow skull and human bones, and the grass + dirt tiles all transparent backgrounds - so you can now use those tiles on top of other tiles. Inspired by australian red desert, I made a new red-dirt tile and screenshot below demonstrates the effect I am talking about.

remaining todo list:

* purpose of shrine - possibly just backstory with a chat?
* fix the shrine so you can med at it to cure res sick

* town npcs and/or quests - make their weps fixed, or maybe just mayor
-- the mayor
-- the torturer (the stocks room) - add tongs vis weapon and eq them
-- the mage scribe
-- the one in the inne

* do the spawners for apoc mino halls
- void reapers, fel reapers, scorpions, brutally fel orc, succubus

* get the new mobs balanced
* update the 32x tilesheet (last)
* the glass hail loop is lost if lots of sound
* put stone piles at res area in grunthos II
20140823-223856.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

can't wait to kill and be killed!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

more gains today ... have finished Apoc Mino Halls' spanwers, so now that is ready to play. Actually was quite a bit of mucking around involved.

Now it boils down to just a few things
* npcs and/or quests
* the main shrine
* new items if I get around to it, which I should try
and a few other odds and ends
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I didn't get as much time today to work on it and when I did I was already exhausted ... but got some done and that is better than nothing. I could probably upload the lot right now and we'd all be happy but I want to tie up a few more loose ends just to give it that level of polish (hah) that we now come to expect from new shit in EUO thesedays ...
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

still plugging away - kinda just have come up with a method for obtaining the ... wait for it ... brown stone
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

Sticking down your hand into one of the toilets in mino halls? :P
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:still plugging away - kinda just have come up with a method for obtaining the ... wait for it ... brown stone
I came up with a few ideas:

-Estorrath (or another NPC) hears a rumor that a powerful dark lord has obtained a stone that could be used to bring powerful creatures from another dimension; the avatar has to go to Deja Vu and slay the Dark Lord and gets the stone as a reward.

-A geologist hears a rumor about a mysterious meteor or rock formation on Black Mountain, the avatar has to mine a sample of it for analysis and after analysis and a consultation from Nestor in the library, the stone's function is discovered and the avatar is allowed to keep it.

-A boy in Sandy Valley could tell the avatar that he found a strange stone and will sell it for the low sum of 50k (LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON).

Feel free to use any combination of these ideas or if you'd like more.
IGN: 1
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

oh, good but
you don't need the brown stone to get there - nor get back - it is a shortcut device once you have gotten there (which is slightly out of the way). So the brown stone is obtained in apoc new sos somewhere and that is my last main goal atm.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

eggmceye wrote:oh, good but
you don't need the brown stone to get there - nor get back - it is a shortcut device once you have gotten there (which is slightly out of the way). So the brown stone is obtained in apoc new sos somewhere and that is my last main goal atm.
This, plus 2x exp weekend next week. Its going to be a crowded 2x exp weekend for sure.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:oh, good but
Oh, in that case I'd say having the mayor of apoc. fort grunthos give the brown stone would do just fine imo.
IGN: 1
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

Will the mod be appearing on the beta server first? Or will it be going live to all servers?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Going live straight away, as early as tomorrow. A tthis point I'm just going to tidy up and rework the AoE DoT spell (the glass storm).

I'm going to try and play down the hype because basically after all this time, there isn't that much to show for it ... but I must stress that this is just the beginning and I have to publish what I have or otherwise it will never get finished. Unfortunately thesedays I think there is a minimum level of polish needed so a lot of time gets spent making sure everything .... fits

map list:
- apoc new sosaria continent, which really only has about maybe 1/6 of it open !
- one shrine who's purpose is just for removing res sickness
- one town, a rehash of fort grunthos
- apocalyptic minotaur halls - which hopefully will provide some amusement - Morty did a good script and I made some tweaks and scripted all the spawners for it
- new algorithmed random cave, which I dunno, might be just annoying
- morty's Town of Lost Souls which is kinda the only redeeming feature

creatures:
- only 3 creatures have new tiles: scorpion, lava prophet, 2 head cow (there is the sand worm to come)
- however there are half a dozen scripted rehashes of old mobs, eg fel reapers, void mephits, glass dragon etc

new monster abilities:
-mr cleave
-a couple of the necromancer spells: black lightning and the life drain which could be really nasty, tho only one mob has it I think
-glass storm AoE DoT - plus maybe 1 more ... needs a bit of work but will be interesting

quests:
-no actual new quests as yet. I kinda think quests are either hard to make interesting or just lame ...

items:
- they are all coming in the future, including glass armour, muskets, radioactive fortune cookies (which is going to be the badge/currency/xtal coin of apoc new sos)
- new artifacts are planned

Everything is open for revision, expansion and improvement. After this I'll either do the 'road warrior mad max' town (immediately due south of fort G) and the rehash of 'shrine of sacrifice', plus the rehash or new map where Nethaterra goes. Also there will be a tower where MMNS goes (roughly) that will have a fancy new npc or something. Also coming is Kurzmord'ar which will have actual dwarves with guns in it, as part of an alternative history where it wasn't overrun by ettins, etc. There so much room for expansion and improvement. 1 has a couple of map templates made too which will be good grind-loops.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I've completed everything promised in the last post ... I'll probably patch it tomorrow morning (in about 13 hrs?) after reviewing it all and checking for any loose ends ...
20140828-203456.png
20140828-203526.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Those are great news!!
Apoc minos looks pretty cool - good idea turning fountains into bile fountains and potted plants into dead trees.