Apocalyptic New Sosaria 'expansion'

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: Apocalyptic New Sosaria 'expansion'

Post by Onyxt »

This close to being out? I'm super excited and ready for this.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh I'm just making cup of tea and getting psyched up ...
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

it's happening ...
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

it's up !
I'm not going to make a big song and dance about it until the dust has settled ...

another big question
I nearly put the cap on reg up to 500 ... but what happens if all thse 450s that want to go level already have enough stashed xp simply to take them to 500 straight way ? should I reset all the xp of the 450s to 450 levels worth of xp ... or just leave it?
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

eggmceye wrote:it's up !
I'm not going to make a big song and dance about it until the dust has settled ...

another big question
I nearly put the cap on reg up to 500 ... but what happens if all thse 450s that want to go level already have enough stashed xp simply to take them to 500 straight way ? should I reset all the xp of the 450s to 450 levels worth of xp ... or just leave it?
Let them have it, I'm sure a few people would be upset over it.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I suppose you all wanna know how to get there :fp:

go and check out Lord Brownthorne ...
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

another big question
All I can say about this is... I think 500 is a bit low. Those dragons in mino halls hit for 570 on me and i have 2.6k MR, and those glass mobs and void balrons... jesus they hurt.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

It's possible I over did it mino halls ...
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

eggmceye wrote:It's possible I over did it mino halls ...
Its cool though, also it just ends at the underground lake, doesnt go onto the actual pit. Was kind of a buzz kill.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Yeh gunna re-instate the pit
so much to do but it's kinda exciting ... started mucking around with apoc mountain pass, but kinda want to get onto that tower where MMNS was ...

the big hurdle was getting it started, and then getting this lot up. If I can get some map helpers and keep writing down & implementing my ideas there is a lot more to come

also, reminder:

http://www.pinterest.com/eggmceye/euo-a ... w-sosaria/
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

I will go and check it out! Sounds fun!
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

another big question
The thing with the level 450 to 500 thing... it doesn't give people that already hit the cap an incentive to continue playing. I think that the xp of the level 450s should be reset to 450 and they would have to level to 500 or higher.

The thing with Apoc. New Sosaria is that it's insanely hard and I think everyone besides pure fighter is going to struggle here. The mobs need to get toned down a bit or they need counterplay. The few bosses I fought were just as harder than a bloodmage but the drops were worse.

The disarm ability of the lava prophet is way too often, it should be as frequent as a red dragon casting XC or as often as shadow/blood warriors using cleave.

With that being said, everything looks amazing and I'm incredibly excited to explore more. I love the expansion and look forward to working on it more Egg. Sorry I never got around to helping more with mob stats, I will have more free time after the League of Legends playoffs LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON.
IGN: 1
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Personally I would vote for resetting XP to level 450 before rising the level cap. It is not like those who have reached level 450 would lose anything by resetting the XP, and I think the accomplishment by gaining these levels one by one after 450 would give me more satisfaction than jumping straight to level 475 or what ever my current XP would account to. But then again I hardly play and probably do not have the time to fully return in the near future.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Actually a compromise could be made. Levels up to 475 could be instated but levels higher would have to be earned.
IGN: 1
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

Onyxt wrote:

another big question
All I can say about this is... I think 500 is a bit low. Those dragons in mino halls hit for 570 on me and i have 2.6k MR, and those glass mobs and void balrons... jesus they hurt.
Yeah I would say 500 is even a bit low for this new map.... I have a ridiculous amount of MR and I can barely move through the map.

Amazing update so far egg, really, one of your best!
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

another big question

I say let them have it. The players that earned that much xp deserve it for staying around and still playing. It proves maxxing out wasn't the only reason they play.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

You know I was play testing it with a copy of Dudle's Knuk character that had levelled to 300 and wasn't doing too badly X-D
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Knuk&serv=reg

I'm completely open to revising everything. Will look at the lava prophet disarm. Re 450 .. I'll sus out who's on 450 and what xp they have and post my results.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

regarding the xp ... it's a mixed bag. 22 chars are level 450. About 1/3 only have 450 levels worth of xp. 1/3 have 470 levels. 5 chars have 500+ levels. One guy has enough xp to get to 600 :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON:

of the two people that replied to this thread who have 450's.... one would max out at 500 straight away and the other would be about 462.
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

I think a new max of 666 :headbang: would be funny! Why not allocate the xp to other characters :pimp: with a new slash command? :aus:
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

eggmceye wrote:regarding the xp ... it's a mixed bag. 22 chars are level 450. About 1/3 only have 450 levels worth of xp. 1/3 have 470 levels. 5 chars have 500+ levels. One guy has enough xp to get to 600 :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON:

of the two people that replied to this thread who have 450's.... one would max out at 500 straight away and the other would be about 462.
I'm curious as to who the 6 people are that are over 500.