Apocalyptic New Sosaria 'expansion'

Moderator: EUO Moderators

DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Re: Apocalyptic New Sosaria 'expansion'

Post by DrRude »

Eclips wrote:Why are we arguing physics in a made up world that already proves to defy planetary physics. The world wraps latitudinally but not longitudinally. Not to mention magic and the fact that simple things like cloud cover can block out the sun.
We're not arguing physics (at least I'm not). But there is such a thing as plausibility in any game universe. It's no different than in a movie, and when plausibility is disregarded beyond a certain point it tends to make everything else CORNY. Let's face it -- we're playing a game where there is TIME, sunrises and sunsets, player races have to eat SOMETHING, we have the ability to grow plants and food, and players can asphyxiate . Based on all that, it'd be a little on the campy side to introduce a map on a tidally-locked planet where it wouldn't be possible to have breathable air. No? ;-)
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

DrRude wrote: Based on all that, it'd be a little on the campy side to introduce a map on a tidally-locked planet where it wouldn't be possible to have breathable air. No? ;-)
Wouldn't we have seasons if sosaria weren't tidally locked?

X apocalyptic boss blocks out the sun. That seems legit to me.

Who wants to be in an apocalypse where the sun is shining? Not I
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I made stats for the EftV tiles that would be cool to be imported to EUO for the apoc expansion. I even have ideas how the different groups would interact. Here are the stats:

number in picture, name, HP, AS, AC, dmg, speed, treas, xp, rangd, INT, MR, spells
1, mutant_cow, 10, 2, 14, 2d4, 800, 0, 10, no, 25, 15, no spells (neutral mob)
2, void_rat, 425, 51, 29, 5d10, 300, af010, 425, no, 100, 550, no spells
3, void_spider, 675, 53, 36, 6d11, 300, bf010, 675, no, 100, 650, no spells
4, soldier, 1250, 56, 39, 10d10, 500, df010, 1250, bullet, 100, 1050, no spells
5, void_mutant, 900, 55, 38, 7d12, 300, cf010, 900, no, 825, 950, gp:xmp:vm2:aq
6, void_scorpion, 1300, 59, 39, 8d13, 300, df010, 1300, no, 100, 1000, no spells
7, voidling_mage, 2050, 55, 45, 8d9, 300, ff010, 2050, no, 2500, 2600, xmp:og2:ijo:vm2:aq
8, void_golem, 1600, 89, 43, 14d14, 300, ef010, 1600, no, 100, 7500, no spells
9, void_brute, 2500, 96, 50, 13d13, 300, ff010, 2500, no, 100, 2350, no spells
10, heavy_soldier, 1500, 90, 44, 10d11, 600, ef010, 1500, no, 2050, 1150, ifh
11, voidling_gunslinger, 2100, 99, 45, 12d12, 300, ff010, 2100, bullet, 100, 2100, no spells
12, elite_soldier , 1500, 90, 40, 11d11, 400, ef010, 1500, no, 100, 1100, no spells
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IGN: 1
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

CinisterD wrote:
DrRude wrote: Based on all that, it'd be a little on the campy side to introduce a map on a tidally-locked planet where it wouldn't be possible to have breathable air. No? ;-)
Wouldn't we have seasons if sosaria weren't tidally locked?
If Sosaria was tidally locked we wouldn't have sunrises and sunsets. No vegetation either. ;-)
X apocalyptic boss blocks out the sun. That seems legit to me.

Who wants to be in an apocalypse where the sun is shining? Not I
With all due respect, I have no clue what X Apocalyptic Boss is -- and I really don't care. This is about EUO. ;-)

I can completely relate to not wanting shiny sunny days in an Apocalyptic world (although that's probably what it would be like in reality). That's why I mentioned "Vog" -- it's feasible with all the volcanic lava flows, gives a plausible reason for vampires to be able to hunt and fight during the "day" and still keeps inline with the rest of Sosarian physics.
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

1[WoWz] wrote:I made stats for the EftV tiles that would be cool to be imported to EUO for the apoc expansion. I even have ideas how the different groups would interact. <snip>
Some mean sumbitches right there... Nice.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

This is my idea of the void. It is exactly 1/5 the size of Apoc. New Sosaria with tiles in the same places as land, void tiles for ocean, darkness tiles (you can't see them in the screenshot) for the black paths that egg has outlined on the map in the first page. The red squares (probably temp.) transport you back and forth between the void and apoc new sosaria via whirlpools and void falls (maybe) to the green squares marked on the apoc new sosaria map.

The map is 42 x 20 instead of 210 x 100.

The point of the map is for fast travel and possibly other things.

Btw, all of these posts are not official, it is just me brainstorming!
Last edited by 1[WoWz] on Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

1[WoWz] wrote:Image

This is my idea of the void. It is exactly 1/5 the size of Apoc. New Sosaria with tiles in the same places as land, void tiles for ocean, darkness tiles (you can't see them in the screenshot) for the black paths that egg has outlined on the map in the first page. The red squares (probably temp.) transport you back and forth between the void and apoc new sosaria via whirlpools and void falls (maybe) to the green squares marked on the apoc new sosaria map.

The point of the map is for fast travel and possibly other things.

Btw, all of these posts are not official, it is just me brainstorming!
Your ideas are really solid; they're making for great reading and food for thought.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

I think it would be cool if the void mages/fighters/lords looked similar to Grunkk's avatar. The alien looking thingImage
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

Eclips wrote:I think it would be cool if the void mages/fighters/lords looked similar to Grunkk's avatar. The alien looking thingImage
I still don't even know what it is.

PPE is close enough though.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Maybe the apocalyptic map should have expanded snowy regions in the north. Would give it some variations while keeping an apocalyptic theme in the vein of nuclear winter.
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

LordMortiferus wrote:Maybe the apocalyptic map should have expanded snowy regions in the north. Would give it some variations while keeping an apocalyptic theme in the vein of nuclear winter.
+1
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

DrRude wrote:Your ideas are really solid; they're making for great reading and food for thought.
Thanks! I appreciate that, I would excited/surprised/happy if some of it made it into the game LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
Eclips wrote:I think it would be cool if the void mages/fighters/lords looked similar to Grunkk's avatar.
I considered this tile and a few other ones, but I don't know what maps spawn what creatures so I'm reluctant to suggest anything that's already in the game. I didn't mind making stats for EftV tiles but probably won't try making stats that would change a mob's existing stats.
LordMortiferus wrote:Maybe the apocalyptic map should have expanded snowy regions in the north. Would give it some variations while keeping an apocalyptic theme in the vein of nuclear winter.
Yes! This would be awesome!

I tried to make a list of the 36 hunting maps in New Sosaria to see what would be good to convert to a blood instance (I have a feeling shadow, dragon, fire creatures, and hellspawn instances are possible too). I'm sure that most of these won't be put in to apoc. new sosaria, but I believe blood mountain pass and blood minotaur halls will be.

What maps does everyone want to see in Apoc. New Sosaria and what monsters do you want them filled with (bloods, shadows, dragons, etc)?

Bayside Ruin
Cassandra's Tower
Dead Forest
Desert Tower
Desolate Farm
Drachentrog
Fort Grunthos
Hermit's Cave
Kodiak's Test of Strength
Kurz'Morder
Lighthouse
Lillyville
Lunacy!
Minotaur Halls - Blood instance
Mountain Pass - Blood instance
Netherterra
Nordhaven Jail
Ogre Town
Old IAG Hall
Old Mine
Olde Porte
Orc's Desert
Pendragon
Pride's Fall
River's End
Runied Base
Shame
Snowy Island
Tangled Forest
Temple of the Seers
The Abyss
The Domain/Monastery
The Graveyard
Valley of the Trolls
Wizard's Tower
Xile's
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

1[WoWz] wrote: What maps does everyone want to see in Apoc. New Sosaria and what monsters do you want them filled with (bloods, shadows, dragons, etc)?
New maps! New mobs! :mrgreen:

It'd be cool if old maps were 'apocalypsed' a bit (besides changing mobs).
Djanno :smoke:
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Djanno wrote:
1[WoWz] wrote: What maps does everyone want to see in Apoc. New Sosaria and what monsters do you want them filled with (bloods, shadows, dragons, etc)?
New maps! New mobs! :mrgreen:

It'd be cool if old maps were 'apocalypsed' a bit (besides changing mobs).
Changing tiles to make a map appear more apocalyptic was something I was considering but I'm not entirely sure how Egg feels about it (I'm for it though although it's effort in maped that could be spent making new maps, changing mobs can be done more easily). Although I have not asked Egg about possibly a script that will replace tiles with other tiles (e.g. indoor tiles to dirt, dirt to lava, etc).

New maps are something Lord M. and I are working on. We could use several new volunteers to fire up MapEd (I bet you'd make an awesome map maker Djanno!).

Btw, as someone that was once over whelmed by maped; it is 1000x easier to use now. No shit I dare say it's user friendly.

If you have a map you're working on, feel free to send it to me or Lord M. so we can offer feedback or change/add things if you need/ask us to. Message me on the forums!

Here are my ideas what each map should have as it's monster type for it's apoc counterpart. Not all of these will be put in I'm sure, but there should be a good selection of them.
Dungeon, New monster type
Bayside Ruin, dragons
Cassandra's Tower, hellspawn
Dead Forest, blood
Desert Tower, fire creatures
Desolate Farm/Temple of the Seers, fire creatures
Drachentrog, fire creatures
Fort Grunthos, shadow
Hermit's Cave, dragons
Kodiak's Test of Strength, blood
Kurz'Morder, shadow
Lighthouse, hellspawn
Lillyville, hydras
Lunacy!, dragons
Minotaur Halls, blood
Mountain Pass, blood
Netherterra, shadow
Nordhaven Jail, hellspawn
Ogre Town, fire creatures
Old IAG Hall shadow
Old Mine, hellspawn
Olde Porte, hellspawn
Orc's Desert, fire creatures
Pendragon, blood
Pride's Fal,l hydras
River's End, blood
Runied Base, fire creatures
Shame, dragons
Snowy Island, dragons
Tangled Forest, shadow
The Abyss, dragons
The Domain/Monastery, shadow
The Graveyard, hellspawn
Valley of the Trolls, shadow
Wizard's Tower, blood
Xile's, dragons
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

1[WoWz] wrote:[New maps are something Lord M. and I are working on. We could use several new volunteers to fire up MapEd (I bet you'd make an awesome map maker Djanno!).

Btw, as someone that was once over whelmed by maped; it is 1000x easier to use now. No shit I dare say it's user friendly.
Hm, I'll take a look at it.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Good stuff going on here.

Since it's a game, no less fantasy, we can cherry pick any physics we want. So if the planet no longer rotates on its own axis and it's tidally locked so be it. Dr R is right - some feasibility helps but overall I think you can get away with dictating whatever you like.

A nighttime/snowed apoc new sos is good - I wonder if there can be two apoc new sos? One like fallout/madmax and the other dark & nuclear winter. Tho if there were to be one a snowy top 1/4 would be great. I don't care that much to cater to vamps - you all knew the risks so quit whining about sunshine.

A mini void portal room is interesting. The question of flight: I never thought about it but realised making the map that at least in its current format it implies flight should be disabled.

I think be wary of mixing this up too much with EftV - we can lift anything we want from EftV but I don't think this world was created by a global nuclear disaster. So bunkers and radiation are probably not appropriate. Muskets maybe revived though.

I wonder if this could be tied in with necromancy?

I don't know if this new Apoc Sosaria map should be a linear grind loop or a hub to other maps. If there were 2, eg a dark one and a light one, the dark could be the grind loop and the other could be the hub.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:I think be wary of mixing this up too much with EftV - we can lift anything we want from EftV but I don't think this world was created by a global nuclear disaster. So bunkers and radiation are probably not appropriate. Muskets maybe revived though.

I wonder if this could be tied in with necromancy?
Yeah, I agree about that this shouldn't be about a global nuclear disaster.

Talking about the void made me think that void creatures invaded New Sosaria and reduced it to ruins (IE apocalyptic), thus creating the factions of voidlings/void creatures and survivors/soldiers. A third faction of necromancers could be created too?

If requested, I could come up with some stats for a few different type of hostile necromancers.
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

1[WoWz] wrote: Talking about the void made me think that void creatures invaded New Sosaria and reduced it to ruins (IE apocalyptic), thus creating the factions of voidlings/void creatures and survivors/soldiers. A third faction of necromancers could be created too?
Void creatures invading New Sosaria, causing apocalypse... you know this is very similar to what is supposed to be happening to Drachentrog/Styg abyss, according to npcs I'm pretty sure Sead'read says he's a servant of Nosfentor and basically that we're doomed. Also the Time Lord mentions this dimension-crossing stuff, and that we're doomed. ;)

Didn't Egg say he was making the entrance to the apocalypse the island south of Buc's den, which is coincidentally Drachentrogs entrance too. Anyhoo just wondering if the shadow world with its voids and such is supposed to be a tie in here.

And yes seems like a sweet opprotunity to have necromancy tie in somehow!
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Nuclear winter was just a term I have thrown in. Meteoroid impacts or volcanic eruptions would also cause enough smoke/clouds in the atmosphere for the planet to cool down.

@1:
Writing a small script to apocalyptify existing maps should be fairly easy - Getting the script to work with an instance might be more of an hassle. When I got some time I'll code it and send it to you.
SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by SiNeR »

hey all

while I read all these post I have my own ideas:

To start all thing about Apoc New Sosaria lets write a story how this all happend:
my idea is to "blame" Estorath... You guys remember this quest when he is experimenting with PHASES ? "Montor East guards: What's Estorrath up to now?". What if he pushes one step to far and mix phase with some kind curse blood of Blood Queen (so far hardest boss in game), or some lich blood (like Xile or sth)
[in fact i dont know rly good EUO history so i wait for viable information, help me out ]. As a result of those experiments is a BLACK portal .
And here are two options:
#1 portal leads to new area APOC New Sosaria
#2 across the black portal APOC monsters move to our current New Sosaria [for secon opiton... why if only island with esto hut was abadomned and a whole new dungeon was impleted there witch leads us to option #1 APOC New Sosaria, while all area around island was surround and secured by New Sosaria guards]

About APOC NS. why if there is never ending MIST? something like The Mist based on KIng`s book, and all NV effects was reduced by half or just bring back old lightning (becasue you never know what is hiding in the mist), also while all area is in mist sun is naturaly blocked:

About Necromancers:
What if:
At the beginig few mages from NS (maybe we can imput here some NPC`s) went through the Black Portal to fight with those dark force. After a years in APOC NS they discovered new school of magic Necromancy. They mastered it for years to finaly became Arch Necromancers.
Maybe some kind of Dark Monastery will be their sancturay where you can learn how to became one of them...

some monsters ideas based on H.P. Lovecraft mythology, also "tune up" some current EUO monsters who also pases the Black Portal and in a result of madness in APOC NS mutated:
"we are elite, you are not!!"
-goblin elite