Priest Rework idea

Moderator: EUO Moderators

TheOneGuy
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Priest Rework idea

Post by TheOneGuy »

Problem priests are op! being able to cross class and get full heals is crazy! and yet they can not kill things very effectively so you just gnaw on the creatures until they stop being alive(that could take some time)

Edit: i did not state very well what i meant .priests are op as a cross class option. but as a class they are lacking fun game play.

so we really dont have to rework much in priest just change the healing spells and add some damage!(not to much)

The goal of the rework is to make priests more passive heal over time to free them up as a class and make them more interesting and fun to play while letting them group heal just as if not more effectively and adding some damage out put but keeping spot healing around

Add/Rework of piety spells

Circle:
1st:
BM (Bet Mani/ Lesser Heal): heal for 10% hp
2nd:
XBM: heal target for 10% hp
AN: Cure poison on self or other
3rd:
S: Temporarily increase defense +3
ABC: Cure disease on self or other
4th:
M: heal self +50% health (5 second cool down{up to 10s if not using blessed mace})
UM: Buff target +100 HP
5th: [/size]
VS: Improved armour spell that gives +7 defense
XM: heal target for 50% hp (5 second cool down{up to 10s if not using blessed mace})
6th:
VXM: 10 bounce vog heal for that casts Bet mani (10% heal) on bounce targets allies (priority to hurt allies)only with slow bounces! (should take 5 ish seconds to run out of bounces with a 10 second cool down{up to 20s if not using blessed mace})
7th:
ISM: create a 5x5 field(tiles become a bit lighter shade) on caster that lasts 12 seconds and heals the lowest hp ally (Bet Mani 10%) once per second allied creatures in field have incommoding 10% damage reduction (25 second cool down{up to 50s if not using blessed mace})
8th:
AC: Resurrect player
VUM : Buff target for 150 HP

FiX THE MANA POOL!
make blessed maces scale with int as well as str (80% str/20% int) other wise priest have a low mana pool and need items or mana shrine levels to compensate as is. the changes would require a lot more casting thus a much larger pool

lastly add a divinity spell and change another!
Add 8th circle that allows you to return 10% of damage dealt to you back at attacker or caster could call it martyr's shield or some such(i think 10% is good to much higher would be OP though imo maybe 15%)
Change Flam Grav (7th circle) to summon a ward (takes 2.5 summon slots) that shoots fire balls(VF or summon an angle that shoots fire balls this change will fix clunky targeting while letting you have a clear faster mob clear time. you will no longer have to switch to target enemies to FG then switch back to allies

Current issues

Issues are that priest is something you cross class into not a class that you play cause its fun. targeting is hard and healing is clunky. on the other hand healing is to massive the scaling is form back in the good old days and needs to be trimmed back.

these changes would let solo priest clear better (martyr's shield, FG wards{maybe angle wards :cool: }) and cast spells other than heal while still healing the party

i think the current issue with the priest class is that once you use it there is not a challenge. the goal of any class is to be challenging and unique to play but not so strong that your will have no threat of death ... ever. priest need a set of healing and damaging spells that make them more interesting in combat and i think that these changes will allow for more dynamic game play with out overpowering the class.
Last edited by TheOneGuy on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
all i want is a test server for maped then ill be happy ...
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: Priest Rework idea

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I've mained a Priest before and am currently 100 rogue / 100 priest. I think the priest spells are fine right now with the exception of flame strike (I think it should be a large explosion centered around the player to damage nearby enemies).

I think Priests need a second or third special attack for blessed maces and/or the option of using blessed swords, blessed axes, blessed polearms, etc. Also Priests should get a unique special attack using a shield.

Spending 38 levels to cross class significantly weakens a character offensively and defensively. Priests are not OP, they're just unpopular as a solo class and I think that's due to the other classes being more fun to play.
IGN: 1