Necromancers - development thread (closed)

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Re: Necromancers - NOW TESTING on ALPHA server

Post by eggmceye »

I think they need a couple of new spells, new fx, and I wana go thru this thread and cherry pick the best ideas. Then I gotta work out how to implment bone, and how you gain spells.
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

Doet. Doet hard. I need a reason to keep working on Jack. Lmao. I should go find my random ass notes i had on necros earlier when me and Tyler talked about them years ago. But uhg. Doing things. Thats too much work.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

When they kill skeletons they find skulls.
throwing magic skulls as a missile weapon would be great.
Probably some sort of charging spell.... or wand of bones.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

it's nearly the 1 year anniversary of posting this thread :fp:
time flies when you have too many projects
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Nothing wrong with being busy.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

been asked about adding an AoE IMJ spell many times. I could make it a necro spell exlusive. Good / bad idea?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Any necro only is good. Honestly I don't know how many others playtested necro on alpha. Seems like when ideas hit the main ring is when ideas or complaints really start coming out.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

I think that would be sweet. I'd also like to see them utilize them for spells or some other resource other than normal enchanting. Maybe as a replacement for mana on certain spells or for a necro version of enchanting.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:been asked about adding an AoE IMJ spell many times. I could make it a necro spell exlusive. Good / bad idea?
I think it's a good idea. A level 7 AoE IMJ spell or a level 8 AoE AEP spell would be sweet imo.

If Necromancers focused on crowd control without sacrificing that much damage over a mage, it would really add their usefulness to a party. Really excited to see them added to EUO.
IGN: 1
Mr.Crowley
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Mr.Crowley »

AoE AEP might need a min or two cool down though, otherwise, easily cheesable... Or some sort of necro rage?
You will find the strength
To beat the Deamons and the Balrons
Conquer evil and slay the werewolves
Balance the peace in
Eggs ultima online....

-Ruki- His tribute song
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Mr.Crowley wrote:AoE AEP might need a min or two cool down though, otherwise, easily cheesable... Or some sort of necro rage?
A rage attack would be interesting for sure. Or something like a 15% hp cost with it. The spell could case an AOE XJ 2 out of 3 times or AOE AEP 1 out 3 times.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

1[WoWz] wrote: The spell could case an AOE XJ 2 out of 3 times or AOE AEP 1 out 3 times.
What about a combination of the two, 2/3 of mobs in the AOE get XJ and the other 1/3 get AEP?
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

Hexblades sound nice, maybe necromancers could get stave casting bonuses (cooloff, reduced manacost) from a kris/cinquedeas/stiletto. A necromancer could use blood, pus, poison or gibs to "enchant" the hexblade for a variety of bonuses. Also, this would leave room for shield expansion (for necros, mainly), such as monster hearts, pelts, skulls and so on to be held on the off hand.

New spells? Curses (amplify damage, reduce elemental resistance) and some crazy "bone spirit" which is copied and modified from Vas Ort Grav code, chills mobs for a while or has a chance to make them scared, lose their armor or drive them crazy (attack each other)

pfffff diablo2 necromancer ripoff ideas :oops:
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

coming around to the idea of hexblades - maybe they could work in the same way blessed maces work opposite to maces
also I did meanAoe soultrap: but aoe xj would be cool
and have made some new sfx for EftV : whch could be adapted to necromancers
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

AEO XJ would be cool, but melee mobs need to be buffed for it to be useful after lvl 150ish.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:coming around to the idea of hexblades - maybe they could work in the same way blessed maces work opposite to maces
also I did meanAoe soultrap: but aoe xj would be cool
and have made some new sfx for EftV : whch could be adapted to necromancers
Hexblades would be cool and I like the idea of putting them in the same way blessed maces were put in, what would be the original weapon class though? Longsword?

I believe that Necromancers need an awesome rage attack(s). Here are some ideas:

Doom (100 rage) - black skulls hit all monsters in a 1 square radius around a targeted monster, targets take the necromancers level in damage and are inflicted with bleeding.

Blood Sacrifice (100 rage) - the necromancer sacrifices 15% of their hp, reducing 15% of the hp of the monsters in a 1 square radius around the necromancer, a red xmp/blue gp blast could alternate for a split second as the effect (targets that reduce the effects of bleeding such as the Kraken and Crab would resist to this too).

Damned (50 rage) - a grave stone hits a targeted monster from a distance; inflicting light damage, slow, poison, and choking for a few seconds.
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

Hail of Bones effects everything including allies and blue npcs, WITHOUT getting criminal stat.
Also about summoning greater undead, It always starts with weak undead and then slowly rises to stronger ones if used repeatedly is this intentional?
Example first I get some skeletons warriors, then liches and finally devils. All in all it's an OP class :D (EDIT: If you don't get hit at least :P)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

(Most of the following is from trawling thru this thread: plus some of my own ideas on technical implementation)

How about this, in really short form, as I am still working out the details (and may keep this post updated with my progress):

* Necro is no longer a subclass of mage - just its own class. Thus it no longer gets access to mage's utility spells
* Necro gets a NEW melee weapon skill called 'hexblades': which consist of basically a longsword, rondel, scythe and kryss (more details below)
* Thus necro becomes a hybrid slasher/sorc/summoner. Staff requirement scrapped
* Necro also gets 'bonecrafting' as a class skill: which can be used to craft everything from the taming charms to armour, more weapons, offhand items, etc - some of which could be tradable, single use, mini-artifacts, etc

spells list
- dump: cold hands + greater cold hands (yawn), bad breath (toocheesy), disease (effect moved), animate corpse (pointless), greater summon (merged)
* move or modify: blackVOG, bone charm
+ add the party auto-res buff
+ acid spray gets debuffs
+ summon moves to circle 2, and does the repeat casting idea above : so casting it repeated summons greater undead allies
+ the ranged attack 'Death missile' from circle 2 moves to circle 6 or so to become VF/XC ranged one mob finisher
+ corpse explosion, hail of bones no friendly fire
+ soul transfer mv to circle 3

hex blades
* these don't drop: but are converted regular weapons via a spell (dark ritual Wis Corp)
____ rondel->stiletto
____ Kryss->kris
____ longsword-> athame
____ scythe->sickle

* in any case, this is really just another slasher weapon skill, but conceptually separated in the same way 'blessed maces' is a priest skill. Here tho we can have both short swords+longswords+polearms in the same weapon skill
* melee-rage specials: undecided, but could have either 2 variations depending on either stance, or just 2 abilities
____ reverse healing vampyric VOG: it goes backwards, and heals you
____ or black vog revised: does dmg proportionate to how close to death you are

bone crafting
haven't thought about this much but it would be necro skill only: meaning it would be the only class based craft
* craft bone charm for taming
* bone armour and weapons (tradeable? maybe only the armour) + mini artifacts
* other useable/disposables
* offhand items (from skulls?)
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Should I fumble with words or just post a picture of my erection?

I like the idea of hex blades but would prefer them to be low physical damage, +magic damage (ie monk stances) or + debuff.
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Rage set disproportionately to health 100 rage at 10 or 20% health. AoE XC with 100 rage. :)