playing EUO on linux

Moderator: EUO Moderators

treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

playing EUO on linux

Post by treos »

think this would be the right section for this (if not could someone move it?)

i was wondering if this game could be played on linux using Wine or something. a friend of mine only has linux so its kinda hard to find games we can play together on. if it can then he and other linux users could join us on EUO.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: playing EUO on linux

Post by Keighn »

Not sure if this helps you or not:

EUO Linux Build
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

no it doesn't

search the forums for wine
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

well, i found this thread

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=949&hilit=linux

guess i'll direct my friend to that and see if he can figure it out. shame that i can do only just so much to help but i've never used linux myself so i don't know much, if anything, about it really, always used windows myself.

edit: theres really not much info on this at all...linux is quite annoying when it comes to gaming :/
archlinux
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by archlinux »

Playing euo on linux is retardedly easy. Installing wine is the most difficult part, and on ubuntu-based distros it's obscenely easy too. Just install wine (there's a bunch of different ways to do it, the easiest is to install it with the package manager), navigate to the folder where you downloaded the euo installer in the terminal (cd Downloads, whatever) and type wine euoinstall.exe (or whatever the installer is called, you get the point). It'll install and probably put a shortcut in his panel and he can play it from there. Do this also with the patcher after client updates, 'cause it won't get the job done with the automated thing. I'm only bringing this level of detail to the table because installing programs in wine is intuitive once you know how to do it, and therefore I have to assume he doesn't.

Oh, and if he wants to play PD and actually level, he'll need to go into his keybinds and disable alt-f2 as 'run', which should only take a minute of googling.

Sound won't work, the mouse might not be great, and there could occasionally be crashes, but the game is perfectly playable.

The following has nothing to do with linux, but I feel the need to mention that if he's using a tiny laptop with an atom n570 or less, expect delays in combat of up to 60 seconds while it figures out all the attacks party members make that WILL kill you ALL THE TIME. Nobody will learn or understand that you have this problem no matter how many times you explain it and they will get you killed over and over and over again.
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

ok... o.O dunno what you were talking about with that last part but i'll direct him to this thread and let him check into it sometime.