RFC - SKILLS (keighn's meditation post)

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

RFC - SKILLS (keighn's meditation post)

Post by Keighn »

Meditation: (Stoic)
I know many people get kind of annoyed with this skill as it really is just for some healing and mana regeneration. Here's an upgrade I thought of that's picture intensive.

Starting meditation much like we always see up to 4 skill.

Attaining 5 meditation you can see your HEALTH BAR.

Upon attaining 10 meditation you can also see your MANA BAR.

Upon attaining 15 meditation your combat awareness expands while in a heightened sense of meditation up to 1 square.

NOTE: COMBAT AWARENESS simply lets you sense the area around you. Generally you can see visible objects and people unless obstructed by a barrier.

Upon attaining 20 meditation your combat awareness expands while in a heightened sense of meditation up to 2 squares.

Upon attaining 25 meditation your combat awareness expands while in a heightened sense of meditation up to 3 squares.

Upon attaining 30 meditation you are labeled NEOPHYTE and your combat awareness expands while in a heightened sense of meditation up to 4 squares.

Upon attaining 35 meditation your combat awareness expands while in a heightened sense of meditation up to 5 squares.

Upon attaining 40 meditation you are labeled NOVICE and your combat awareness expands while in a heightened sense of meditation up to 6 squares.

Upon attaining 45 meditation your combat awareness expands while in a heightened sense of meditation up to 7 squares.

Upon attaining 50 meditation you are labeled APPRENTICE and your combat awareness expands while in a heightened sense of meditation up to 8 squares.

NOTE: The change of color beneath you indicates that you are now able to start sensing life around you though at this stage you are just starting. Those that have this LIFE SENSE can actually doge an attack instead of automatically being struck. The chance is low though. Those that can sense life can even detect invisible and hidden rogues that might try to backstab them. However, since undead are not living they cannot be detected.

Upon attaining 55 meditation your combat awareness stays at 8 squares while your life sense expands to 1 square.

Upon attaining 60 meditation you are labeled JOURNEYMAN and your combat awareness stays at 8 squares while your life sense expands to 2 squares.

Upon attaining 65 meditation your combat awareness stays at 8 squares while your life sense expands to 3 squares.

Upon attaining 70 meditation you are labeled EXPERT and your combat awareness stays at 8 squares while your life sense expands to 4 squares.

Upon attaining 75 meditation your combat awareness stays at 8 squares while your life sense expands to 5 squares.

Upon attaining 80 meditation you are labeled ADEPT and your combat awareness stays at 8 squares while your life sense expands to 6 squares.

Upon attaining 85 meditation your combat awareness stays at 8 squares while your life sense expands to 7 squares.

Upon attaining 90 meditation you are labeled MASTER and your combat awareness stays at 8 squares while your life sense expands to 8 squares.

Upon attaining 95 meditation you now have learned to gather your energies into raw power. Once your life and mana are fully restored via the regen rate for 95 you start to gather energy charging your rage meter up to full. If one is at full health and mana then one must wait 5 seconds before the rage meter charges up. One can then strike with full fury.

Upon attaining 100 meditation you are labeled GRAND MASTER. You have attained the highest sense of enlightenment and focus. Once your rage bar is fully charge you body begins to flow with renewed energy. Slowly your AS raised by 1 up to +15 max (as per 3 purple potions) at a rate of 1 every 5 seconds. Your defense raises in a similar rate of 1 every 5 seconds up to 15 max. And finally your Magic Resistance raise by +10 every 5 seconds up to +150 maxium. This lasts for but ONE focused strike to your enemy and you must do this fast as it begins to degenerate in 5 second and continues to decrease at the same rate in which it increased. (once the effect wears off the rage bar will disappear as normal as well). REMEMBER 1 STRIKE!!!
Last edited by Keighn on Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Re: RFC - SKILLS

Post by CIAassassin »

do like!
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Does anyone know at what rate you restore mana/hp per mediation skill?

I wanted to think it was something like this:
.5 hp = 10 skill
1 hp = 20 skill
1.5 hp = 30 skill
2 hp = 40 skill
2.5 = 50 skill
3 hp = 60 skill
3.5 hp = 70 skill
4 hp = 80 skill
4.5 hp = 90 skill
5 hp = 100 skill

Mana... eh I'll find out I guess.
Cirrus
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Cirrus »

Unless it has changed, health goes like this:

0-39% = 1 hp
40-59% = 2 hp
60-79% = 3 hp
80-99% = 4 hp
100% = 5 hp

At that pattern the first 20 skill should give 0 hp, but I guess it's been rounded up. Mana increases at the same rate as health, unless you have vigour.

I've been thinking that meditation is about due to be revamped...
I like your idea of being able to see a bit while meditating.
"If my head were any harder, you could use it as a cannonball!" - Pazu from Castle in the Sky

"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." - Proverbs 17:28

"The first annual Procrastinators' Club member meeting has been postponed until further notice." - Rusty's old sig.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Sounds right as I was testing this on weekly for fun. My ideas are... well usually pretty extensive. I'm not so certain they'd be so fun to code but testing would be interesting. Wait until I post my ideas on fishing which isn't all that extensive.. just a lot more options of things that can happen.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

blech I hate fishing as is. It was semi tolerable, but tedious, before. Now it's just a pain. It's not complicated, I just wish that it wasnt a mini game where you have to press tab. I know it is to stop macro stealth fishing, but still...
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Actually, I find it relaxing. It emulates fishing quite well and I often fall asleep to it. If I can gather my thoughts together I'll post something... albeit it was originally going to be a spreadsheet.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

CIAassassin wrote:blech I hate fishing as is. It was semi tolerable, but tedious, before. Now it's just a pain. It's not complicated, I just wish that it wasnt a mini game where you have to press tab. I know it is to stop macro stealth fishing, but still...

that meditation post is cool
xShawtyx
Good morning, Captain.

Post by xShawtyx »

;) One does exist.
Egg chopped off his arm to get rid of a rash, but its okay.. it'll grow back! He's a crab. Trist is my Fav TrollFace!!
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

There's a difference between promoting it and allowing it.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I still find the modern fishing pretty relaxing... and falling asleep on PD is dangerous. Looking at my notes on item or artifact was a special rod that allowed old time fishing. I also noticed I have nets and *Under the Sea hi-lighted but I think that leads to either mermaids or Aquaman and hippomen armies.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

archlinux
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by archlinux »

Welp. Time to crack out sublime and make a zero-to-quest-WoT bot.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

archlinux wrote:Welp. Time to crack out sublime and make a zero-to-quest-WoT bot.
That quest-WoT is soulbound now.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
archlinux

Post by archlinux »

MoonGoat wrote:
archlinux wrote:Welp. Time to crack out sublime and make a zero-to-quest-WoT bot.
Doesn't matter. Just get 50 under the same name and charge for WoTings.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

archlinux wrote:
MoonGoat wrote:
Doesn't matter. Just get 50 under the same name and charge for WoTings.
wait... do what now? You are going to have to delete your char and when you do that you will not be able to pick up the soulbound WoT even if you use the same name. I know for a fact as it happened to me on PD.
Rikimaru

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I have a lot of alts with 100% enchanting and I certainly don't think about killing them to get another wot (soulbound or otherwise). A goal of mine is to get ach alt up to lvl 200 some day then randomly raise each up say 5+ a crack.
archlinux

Post by archlinux »

>wait... do what now? You are going to have to delete your char and when you do that you will not be able to pick up the soulbound WoT even if you use the same name. I know for a fact as it happened to me on PD.

Soulbound items dropped in your house on PD can be accessed by as many characters of the same name as you feel like making. I know this to be true from recent and past experience and because I do it right now. Not the WoT farming, but the saving of coins and nightcrawler rings and things.

edit: Don't mistake the piles of WoTs in my house as farming evidence - think of them as badges of unfortunate accidents.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

archlinux wrote: Soulbound items dropped in your house on PD can be accessed by as many characters of the same name as you feel like making. I know this to be true from recent and past experience and because I do it right now. Not the WoT farming, but the saving of coins and nightcrawler rings and things.

edit: Don't mistake the piles of WoTs in my house as farming evidence - think of them as badges of unfortunate accidents.
Then it doesnt work if you /delete your character. I know that for a fact, as I had to have egg remove a couple soulbound items from a char I /deleted.
Rikimaru

archlinux

Post by archlinux »

I dunno about that. I do -a lot- of deletion and it's never happened to me. (Though I have had items stuck in my house because I forgot the names of the guys they belonged to)